Thanks in advance

MP
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The FNS-9 is a solid performer.
Very accurate.
Short crisp trigger pull.
Comes with three 17rd mags.
Your choice of manual safety or non manual safety.
Your choice of stainless or black.
Your choice of night sights or not.
Slightly slimmer than a Glock 17.

Not easy for a complete disassembly, but I haven't found a need to do so either.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Would it be a good option for ccw or no??
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry mine all the time. Easy to hide. Think of it as a Glock 17 grip with a G19 slide.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
tried one at the LGS trigger was not happy, long stiff, hmm...kind of a let down. Was hopping for something more like the FNX 45, which is a beast a sexy beast, that rides in my day pack with me.

Maybe I got a bad one to rent?
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The main thing I don't like about the FNS and FNX is that FN decided to go with a full-length grip and a 4" barrel, and I would prefer a 4.5" barrel, as with the Glock 17.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#6]
i just purchased an FNS-9 from the gun store i work at, cost me $450 dealer price its stainless, no night sights, and a manual safety. Wouldnt be my choice of options id rather have the night sights the manual saftey doesnt bug me its small and out of the way. I could not be happier with it, I use to own a gen 4 glock 19 and i hated it, the FNS-9 is everything the glock should be and nothing it shouldn't.

Pros-
-fits in the hand alot better, steeper grip angle like a 1911
-trigger is short and crisp
-more accurate (in my hands at least, i had 4-5" groups at 50m. i couldnt do this with the Glock)
-barrel is CHF in theory it should last longer and the barrel is lighter then the Glock
-hell of alot prettier then the Glock
-take down is easier
-felt more tamed then the Glock
-completely ambi set up with nothing that needs switched around
-1913 rail
-mags are super slick and feed into the gun like butta
-front serrations are nice for press checks
-slide serrations are aggressive enough to use but not so much they chew your hands up
-Tighter tolerances then a Glock, no slide rattle

Cons-
-trigger safety isnt as good as the Glock
-finish maybe not as tough as the Glock, im seeing very minor holster wear from my kydex holster
-i have heard the complete take down isn't as easy as a Glock

thats all i got. My comparison is based off of owning a Glock and no other handguns, i have handled many other firearms and fired quite a few different types of handguns but i have only owned a Glock, and this FN. 250 rounds through the FN and not a single hiccup so far. I love it and couldnt be happier with it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:12:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry mine all the time. Easy to hide. Think of it as a Glock 17 grip with a G19 slide.
View Quote

+1 This is how I describe my FNS9 to everyone. In my opinion it's kinda like the best of both worlds. Sold my G19 for my FNS9 and have never looked back. I do have the model which does not have a external safety. The grip angle and texture are IMO better than glock, as well as the way they machine the slide.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Teat the trigger if you can.

The trigger in mine is not good and I have 3000+ rounds through it.

I have dry fired one at a LGS and it had a much much nicer trigger...
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#9]
>>Comes with three 17rd mags.<<

I wonder if you can get it with 10 rounders instead?
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

>>Comes with three 17rd mags.<<

I wonder if you can get it with 10 rounders instead?
View Quote

Yes you can. They sell them with 10 round mags to be compliant in restrictive States.

Update. I used some sand paper on the striker were it engages the disconnector and it cleaned up the trigger a lot.  Since then I sold it (it had a manual safety which i did not want) and bought a new FNS-9 and FNS-9ls. They both have pretty good triggers out of the box. But I will probably polish then up a little bit too.

This was the very first 10 rounds through the long slide (10yds):

Grip got a little lose on the last few shots causing the low left hits... I need grip exercises...

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top