Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2008 10:07:31 PM EDT
I picked both of these up tonight!!! A Ruger MKIII Hunter and a colt Woodsman match target!!
If anyone knows what they are worth please let me know!!

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
WOW luck you... I am NEVRE that lucky
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice avatars, boys.  Twin sons of different mothers ?

Oh, yeah, nice pistols.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 4:52:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!  I have the Ruger Mk III Hunter with the fluted bull barrel just like that and it is an absolute joy to shoot and very accurate.  I have since mounted a scope on it, so it is even better and looks wicked.

I paid $400 for it new at Bass Pro (or was it Cabellas?) when they first came out.  I now see them around for $479.  I tell everyone I can that it is a fabulous pistol.

I bought some rosewood grips with thumbrest at a gun show for about $40 - Improves the look a lot and the way it fits in the hand is much better than the stock grips.  It is very hard to find Mk III grips, but you can just buy Mk II grips and modify them very simply with a dremel tool.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a very classy Woodsman.  Someone put some time and money into it.

Be VERY careful with it, as you see it has a trigger shoe....if you aren't EXTRA careful, you have an accident waiting to happen.  Trigger shoes like to "snag" on things.

As far as value goes, the Ruger isn't worth much more than the average asking price because they are very common and it is a Mark III which reduces it's value, IMO.

The Colt....that could be worth a bit of money.  It's a Series Two, Match Target with a custom comp and what look like Herret grips.  Take care of it....and if you don't know Woodsmans, take your time to learn about them before you do anything with it.  That is a damn nice piece.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Do not dry fire the colt.  It can be worth some money depending on condition.  I read that the Woodsman should not be dry fired.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow...Congrats...You did real good.  Both are nice pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top