Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2011 6:42:52 AM EDT
I'm considering trading in my Gen 3 Glock 19 at the dealer and I'm wondering how much it would be worth. Its bone stock, with the factory u-notch sights and trigger. It comes with 3 15rd Gen 4 mags, one 33rd Gen 4 mag and the standard Glock case. The gun has about 400-500rds through it, and some minor holster wear (mainly on the extractor).

What do you guys think it'd be worth? Would it be worth much more in a private sale?

Link Posted: 12/15/2011 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
If you trade it in to a dealer you will only get 50-60% of what they will sell it for, if you are lucky.

Gently used G19 in my area is worth about $425-$475.  Add your extra mags at $15 for 15 rounder and $30-40 for the 33s.

You can easily ask $500 in a private sale, but won't get more than $300 I would guess on a dealer trade in.

Try to sell it outright.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Dealer will probably give you $250 for it. They don't really care about the extra mags, will probably just throw it out there with the 2-15 round mags.

You should be able to get from $425-500 for a private sale depending on the used Glock market in your area.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I would try to sell it the way it came, the gun and 2 mags.  In this area, they are going for $400-450, and sell the mags seperate to add a little to your total.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The best bet for all the people posting questions about value is just to follow similar guns on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The best bet for all the people posting questions about value is just to follow similar guns on Gunbroker.

Yea, then take 50% off that. That's what a gun shop will give you for outright selling it. Best thing you can do is to sell it yourself privately. Then take that money to a gunshop and get a good deal based on cash price OTD.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been watching glock prices, since I recently bought and sold one.  I bought a Glock 30 with three mags, factory night sights, one year old, gen 3 for $450, and it was slightly below market.  I sold a Gen1/2 Glock 30 for $425 with 1 mag and standard sights in just a few minutes.

I would consider $475 the going rate for a near mint Gen 3 Glock of just about any caliber with night sights.  That would be a fair price for a 19.  

I also think it sucks when people try to sell them used for more than I can get a new one for, with the LE/.mil/fire discount.

I think it is pure fail to trade in a gun at a dealer.  You will take a beating.  Then someone like me will buy it because it is cheaper than new.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I also think it sucks when people try to sell them used for more than I can get a new one for, with the LE/.mil/fire discount.

Just because you can get the discount does not mean the other 95% of gun owners get the same.

It always bugs me that someone throws the "I can buy a brand new Glock 19 for $425 so a used on is only worth $300-350"  They always forget to mention that they are LEO and can buy guns new cheap and that their fellow LEO sell them their used guns for dirt cheap.

ETA:  Not that you were doing that, just one of the things that annoys me when people ask for prices on used Glocks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#8]
It all depends on the condition and added parts, like Night Sights; Night Sights tend to cost around $100-$150. A Gen 3 G19 with Night Sights and two 15 round mags would be considered a good deal in the $400-$450 range; anything lower would be a steal IMHO.

If you are selling, don't go (like stated earlier) below $300 - Hell; I would not sell below $400; having worked in the business, I know that gun shops will try their best to lowball you into selling it for $200 - DON'T. And every time i see someone break out the "Blue Book" I just walk away,

I would go with a private sale; you got better chances at getting closer to what you want.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I can buy a new G19 for $500, no discount, at my local gun store.
Im confused why anyone would pay near that price for a used Glock.

I wouldn't pay more than $425
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can buy a new G19 for $500, no discount, at my local gun store.
Im confused why anyone would pay near that price for a used Glock.

I wouldn't pay more than $425

It really depends on where you live.  Here in Washington we have nearly a 10% sales tax which adds quite a bit to the sales price, plus a lot of people just hate doing the paper work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Sell/trade the gun with only two mags and sell the others seperately
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have been watching glock prices, since I recently bought and sold one.  I bought a Glock 30 with three mags, factory night sights, one year old, gen 3 for $450, and it was slightly below market.  I sold a Gen1/2 Glock 30 for $425 with 1 mag and standard sights in just a few minutes.

I would consider $475 the going rate for a near mint Gen 3 Glock of just about any caliber with night sights.  That would be a fair price for a 19.  

I think it is pure fail to trade in a gun at a dealer.  You will take a beating.  Then someone like me will buy it because it is cheaper than new.  

Same here.  Why on earth would I pay more than $300 for a used G19 when I could buy a brand new one for $399 using a military discount?

Hell, I'll buy it and then do an FFL transfer on a brand new G19 to anyone for just cost.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:04:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  Why on earth would I pay more than $300 for a used G19 when I could buy a brand new one for $399 using a military discount?

Hell, I'll buy it and then do an FFL transfer on a brand new G19 to anyone for just cost.

Post is mute because not everyone has .mil or LEO/FF discounts.  You won't buy a glock for $475, I won't buy a Glock for $475, unless it's a 34, ha, but others who don't have the luxury of those types of discounts need information regarding pricing.  Why would anyone base the resale price off of a discounted price for .mil/le/ff?  

I just sold my G19 3rd gen with 3 mags, night sites for $450 on guntrader.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post is mute because not everyone has .mil or LEO/FF discounts.  You won't buy a glock for $475, I won't buy a Glock for $475, unless it's a 34, ha, but others who don't have the luxury of those types of discounts need information regarding pricing.  Why would anyone base the resale price off of a discounted price for .mil/le/ff?  

Because I would not mind buying it new in box and selling it to them for cost to help them out.  They can choose where they want to do the FFL transfer.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I would not mind buying it new in box and selling it to them for cost to help them out.  They can choose where they want to do the FFL transfer.

Wouldn't that be a straw purchase?
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you trade it in to a dealer you will only get 50-60% of what they will sell it for, if you are lucky.

Gently used G19 in my area is worth about $425-$475.  Add your extra mags at $15 for 15 rounder and $30-40 for the 33s.

You can easily ask $500 in a private sale, but won't get more than $300 I would guess on a dealer trade in.

Try to sell it outright.

Yes, you won't get but maybe half of what it's worth in a shop. They are the absolute worst places to sell your firearms........ other than a pawn shop that is. Sell it here on the
Equipment exchange. I bet it goes fast priced around $450 with the magazines and other accessories. You can get more if you want to sit on it a while.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#17]
A local shop has a two year old Gen 3 Glock 19 with night sights for $450.00 listed price.

They sold new to the original purchaser.

Only problem as I see it is that it only comes with 3 10 round mags! By the way, can those 10 rounders be modified to the large capacity?
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I would not mind buying it new in box and selling it to them for cost to help them out. They can choose where they want to do the FFL transfer.

Read the bold letters.  That makes it NOT a straw purchase.

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I would not mind buying it new in box and selling it to them for cost to help them out. They can choose where they want to do the FFL transfer.

Violates Blue Force policies  and Glock policies.  Still a stupid idea, especially since you're posting it on a forum.  Hope you don't work for LE and you're not using a LE computer that tracks cookies. Our IT team tracks keystrokes and has been known to review things quite tediously.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I got one for $300 OTD once

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Around $400.00 to $450.0.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Violates Blue Force policies  and Glock policies.  Still a stupid idea, especially since you're posting it on a forum.  Hope you don't work for LE and you're not using a LE computer that tracks cookies. Our IT team tracks keystrokes and has been known to review things quite tediously.

That's a cool story.  The interwebs is make-believe.

If your IT department is using a keystroke logger exclusively, consider using an on-screen keyboard.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes because keystrokes and cookies are all exclusively the same thing.  Reading comprehension fail...it's just not going to work.  And do you even know what an onscreen keyboard is on the windows platform?  Have you ever actually TRIED using it?  Jesus Christ common sense is a thing of the past.  I feel dumber just by being associated to this thread.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes because keystrokes and cookies are all exclusively the same thing.  Reading comprehension fail...it's just not going to work.  And do you even know what an onscreen keyboard is on the windows platform?  Have you ever actually TRIED using it?  Jesus Christ common sense is a thing of the past.  I feel dumber just by being associated to this thread.

Again, cool story bro.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#25]
C'mon, if you're gonna keep using it at least have the common decency to put up a JPEG with it man.
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't think used glocks should go for more than $400.  As stated, mil and leo can get them for around that price, but anyone can use the GSSF pistol purchase program, so it's no longer exclusive pricing.  It's amazing the asking price some people put on readily available, still produced, used weapons.

As stated above, I think your best bet is a private sale.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#27]
the 19 seems to be the most popular model so that has something to do with it. however as an example I recently sold my glock 27 as a "good buddy " deal to a fellow gun club memeber- It had 6 mags and night sights(pretty dim) and I probably had 20k thru it- got 400 and everyone felt happy about the deal. (both me and the new owner were /are eligible for the le discount too)
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#28]
OP, you're much better off selling it yourself, as opposed to trading it in.

A shop/dealer has to make money off the things they buy and then sell.  You're probably looking at $300 max trade-in value.  You could get $400 or a little more if you sold it yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top