Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2004 10:38:40 PM EDT
I heard they were pretty good & reliable. Impressions?

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
My brother has one, bought from AIM last year. It's the compact version. He's run 500 or so rounds through it, no crapouts yet. Seems really accurate too, and I don't know if it's all of them but his has a really crisp trigger. Seems like a heck of a buy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a full size duel tone model that has worked 100% so far. I highly recomend them, Check the 1911forum.com they have a highpower section with good info.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys. apparently they are used by Bulgarian LE. I wonder how many parts are interchangable with the Hi-power.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
My opinion is the Arcus is the best  BHP clone made. It has one failure. What? Yes, the Arcus doesn't look like a BHP. Other than this it is a gem. Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#5]
i can't believe i'm saying this, but, that's the ugliest firearm i've ever seen.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My opinion is the Arcus is the best  BHP clone made. It has one failure. What? Yes, the Arcus doesn't look like a BHP. Other than this it is a gem. Regards, Richard:D

Yea, they are a little fugly, but excellent shooters.  If I couldn't have an FN or a CZ75 (not BHP, but similar ergos), the Arcus would be just fine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i can't believe i'm saying this, but, that's the ugliest firearm i've ever seen.

perhaps it is ugly, but I would rather have an ugly sub-$300 pistol that goes bang everytime I pull the trigger than a pretty $400+ pistol that stovepipes all the time (not mentioning any names-you know which ones I am talking about). I have had both kinds. My only worry is getting parts since they don't doesn't seem to be any consumer support for these in the US.

I currently have an HK USP9 SD, Sig P220 and Sig P239, just looking for a little variety for my CCW. The Arcus is about right for cooler days with a jacket and shoulder holster, like my P220 and USP9. The P239 is fine for shorts and T-shirt days. The chief requirement is it MUST go "bang" everytime I pull the trigger, or I won't carry it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top