Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2012 5:58:20 PM EDT
Looking for a little help on my newly acquired revolver. Called smith and all they could tell me is that its a 29-5 classic mfd in 1991. It has a 6" full underlug bbl and unfluted cylinder. Any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you mean to post a question?
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I should have elaborated a little more! Any information would be great, value, durability, things like that. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Not much to say. You have one of the finest 44 magnum revolvers ever made.   Older models without the keyed action lock are more desirable to lots of people. Your -5 model is especially good because that's the model where they enlarged the cylinder stop to prevent the cylinder from turning backward under recoil, a problem for earlier models. Yours may be a "Mountain Gun," a model that is similar to what you describe.  The gun will easily outlast you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The mountain gun has a 4" lightweight barrel.

The 29-5 has all the durability improvements. It is worth between $550 to $600 in my experience if in excellent condition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top