Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 6:20:34 PM EDT
Well, I've been looking for another 1911, one without any extraneous safety parts or external extractors  (which, frankly, have been harder and harder to find these days...what's the world coming to ?).  I was originally going to get a Springfield Mil-Spec and build it up, but even that's been hard to find (for a reasonable price...the only one I've seen was in a gunstore that wanted $550 for it).  Anyhow, I was cruising last Wednesday and decided to stop at one of the gun stores near me.  I don't normally go to that store since, while their selection of guns is good, they carry nearly zip in the way of parts/accessories.  I stopped there since their Blazer Brass ammo was in stock and nicely priced.

Well, on a whim, I decided to take a look at their selection of Springfields, of which they had a pitiful selection (people buying like crazy at Christmastime).  No Mil-Specs, no cheapie project guns, although they did have a NIB GI version for $389.  However, I did spot a nicely built Kimber so I asked to see it.  When the clerk pulled it out, I couldn't believe my eyes; it was an excellent condition Heritage Edition, and it was one of two identical ones in the case!!!  It was a used gun, but when I field stripped it, it has less wear than my current Kimber with 400 rounds through it!  I was like  The I looked at the price tag--->$749!  It was calling my name, but since I am saving up for the down payment for my house, I can't afford to spend the money right then.   I was like and left, knowing that I would be kicking myself.  I kicked myself so hard for three days that I had to go and get it.  I was all nervous on the drive over there, wondering if it was gone, and telling myself that its OK if it was since I would have more money for the house  Well, make a long story short (well, relatively speaking ), I'm $750 in the hole with a beautiful Heritage Edition Classic Custom.  It has all the goodies of the Customs, plus 30 Lpi front strap checkering and an ambi safety.  I can't wait to go to the range!  

Sorry about the long story: I was too excited
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't do pics right now.  Blew all of my "leisure money" allotment on the gun itself.  I'll have to find a fellow ARFCOMer with a digicam.  Soon my friend, soon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top