Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2010 1:22:20 PM EDT
Does anyone know where i can find one? I ordered one on brownell but there back ordered. Also the product description does not state whether its metal or plastic. Im looking for the metal version. Does anyone know where i can find one? Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/26/2010 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The factory 92A1 recoil guide rod is plastic and is captive.

Steve Bedair makes a stainless steel guide rod for the PX4 where you have to send him your factory one. He might be able to make one for the 92A1 since it's similar to the Dash (90-Two).

http://guiderod.com/Beretta.html
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
unknlogar,

You can use a regular metal Guide Rod and Recoil Spring from a 92FS "Full size",

but you MUST use the Recoil Spring Guide Rod Washer from the DASH 2.

Part #39 from Brownells on the schematic.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=877/schematicsdetail/90_Two

$3.44 USD

Brownells does not show that part on the Captive Guide Rod/Spring,for the 92A1.
Like Tracksol said,
Rest assured, it's Polymer...
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Why is it that i can't seem to find the metal equivilant for the 92A1 recoil. The plastic one is bending and i haven't even fired the damn thing yet. Just cleaning and going over some drills has caused this. I assumed that once i purchased the weapon a metal replacement would not be hard to find. And yet i learned that it seems to be almost impossible to find one. Thanks for the info. The recoil spring is all one piece and only comes apart if its broken. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Wolff's Springs has steel guide rods for M92's.
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why is it that i can't seem to find the metal equivilant for the 92A1 recoil.

They started getting into shooters' hands in the end of September... it just hasn't been out that long.

Bedair will make a metal replacement. But bent does not mean broken.
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I know bent isn't broken. But to bend and not have any real use in it makes me worried. I shutter to think in a combat situation if it failed. Thats why I would prefer to buy a metal replacement.
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#7]
That is why you shoot a handgun prior to using it in that role...

I've heard a few people mention that the rod on 9xA1 are bent, and most just want to get rid of it. Yet, there are some that just shoot the gun and have yet to have any issues. So, I stand by my statement.

If they were breaking at high rates due to it, then it is a problem. But that is not the case, at the present.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
i just got my 96a1 and im not impressed, plastic trigger, plastic mag release, and plastic guide rod that is bent even before firing.   i really like the feel and the utility of having a rail but really would like to swap out these parts for metal ones.   i dont believe these parts could possibly last as long as the metal ones and i think the reasoning for this crap was in the name of weight reduction to offset the increased weight of adding a rail.    anyone finds anything aftermarket let me know.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:03:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i just got my 96a1 and im not impressed, plastic trigger, plastic mag release, and plastic guide rod that is bent even before firing.   i really like the feel and the utility of having a rail but really would like to swap out these parts for metal ones.   i dont believe these parts could possibly last as long as the metal ones and i think the reasoning for this crap was in the name of weight reduction to offset the increased weight of adding a rail.    anyone finds anything aftermarket let me know.

The parts you mention are available in Metal.

And I believe the Trigger is metal,just coated with Polymer.

The only difference from your 96-A1 and a 92FS/96FS are the Slide and the Frame and "captive" Guide Rod.
Everything else is compatible.(see my post above for how to run a metal guide rod)

Brownells is your place,
and if you look at the Schematics,you'll see the parts have the same numbers for both variants.

For a Steel Trigger,look at the Stock/Combat schematic.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
So a captive A1 guide rod and spring will work with a standard 92fs?
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#11]
No, it doesn't work backwards - there is that extra piece that must be added to a regular guiderod to make it fit in a 92A1. But, a 92A1 guiderod will not fit a 92. 1 end of the 92A1 guiderod is too big.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 6:42:37 AM EDT
[#12]
WOLFF SPRINGS has all you need. Its where I got mine years ago, and they are the only springs I use in
ALL my weapons.  No need to look further.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Wolff, Midway, Brownell's, Beretta USA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top