Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2015 1:22:44 AM EDT
I posted about this in GD http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1803269_I_m_ready_to_unplug_from_the_wourld__WTF_is_zeroredirect1__virus__malware_.html   but want some more advice.

Edit to condense and clarify:

Tried to go to a website that I have gone to many times before.  Got imediatly redirected to another site.

This happened on two different devices.

First one is an at&t android tablet. Firefox browser.

Second is an Mac desktop. Firefox, NoScript, user account.

Googling this it appears it take affect two different ways.

Infecting a  website and redirecting you to another. Or actually installing malware on your device.

On my android tablet I've installed two different anti malware apps and they didn't  find any problems.

Most all removal guides I have found deal with windows even though it is browser based malware

My tablet is getting old so I may just get a new one and wipe the old one. Just concerned about any personal info that could have been compromised.

Thank for input.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top