Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 5:24:23 PM EDT
Over the last few months, i've been drinking pretty much everyday. Whether it's just 1-2 or allnight binge. Month ago I drank so much that when I got home I started puking so violently I burst the blood vessels below my eyes. Looked like 2 black eyes.

Last night took the cake as a drank 2 bottles of whisky. Best part is I dont remember much about those nights. And I think I did something I shouldnt have.  I think Im a alchy.

Why does 18yo whisky have to taste like sweet nectar from the gods?

-Mac

ETA: How do you get rid of a hangover? Excederin and a gatorade dont do it anymore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
i wish i was at the moment
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Seek help.  It sounds like you need someone strong to guide you,  and I'm busy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Once... But that was... A long time ago...
Never gonna drink ever again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ETA: How do you get rid of a hangover? Excederin and a gatorade dont do it anymore.

Drinking a LOT of water before you go to bed goes a long ways towards easing the effects later.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
What are you, like twenty or so?

Bottles come and bottle go, no big deal, small peanuts really.

-efxguy

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I might have a genetic disposition to alcoholism, but in that case it is my parents fault.  I swear.

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe, I havn't decieded yet.

I think I'll have a beer and ponder it a bit longer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drinking a LOT of water before you go to bed goes a long ways towards easing the effects later.

+1

I usually try to buy stuff off the top shelf too (I generally drink vodka/gin and the like which can be distilled a whole lot) and that helps keep me haangover free in the first place.

Isn't there supposed to be a pill that you take the night before that is supposed to help? Or is it just snake oil?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I drink on weekends only, when I do drink at all.  Haven't felt the urge since SuperBall weekend. I might take a drink next weekend or not untill the 4th of July.  I own the drink, the drink doesn't own me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]
if you can quit alcohol for a month without feeling angry or freaked out you should be okay.
ETA: No substitutions either.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Over the last few months, i've been drinking pretty much everyday. Whether it's just 1-2 or allnight binge. Month ago I drank so much that when I got home I started puking so violently I burst the blood vessels below my eyes. Looked like 2 black eyes.

Last night took the cake as a drank 2 bottles of whisky. Best part is I dont remember much about those nights. And I think I did something I shouldnt have.  I think Im a alchy.

Why does 18yo whisky have to taste like sweet nectar from the gods?

-Mac

Dude, you are a MACHINE!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I drink often.  A glass of wine when I come home and I go out and party on the weekends.  I try to drink a glass of water for every drink I have.  If I don't, I'm in trouble the next day, then I don't exercise, then I become a fat pig, then I drink more....  it's a vicious cycle.

DRINK WATER.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and an aspirin!!!

I expect you all to post here-> http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=440533

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess I'm just a drunk . . I don't go to meetings
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#16]
They've found blood in my alcohol stream on more than one occasion.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I just like drinkin'
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a drunk.  Alcoholics go to meetings.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#19]
i drank two bottles of whiskey and then banged my best friend.  oh wait, that wasn't me...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#20]
No. I can stop drinking at any time.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
i drank two bottles of whiskey and then banged my best friend.  oh wait, that wasn't me...

ROFL Dude that just made my night.

I know I drank 1 bottle in a 3-4 hour span. Started the other and it gets hazy from there. Im assuming i drank it. No one else i hang with even like Johnnie Black. I know this though. My sister came over this morning. I didnt wake up so she used her key, She said she thought i was dead. I was pale, cold and sprawled out in the middle of the livingroom.  She had to slap the shit outta me to wake up. Not a good feeling watching your baby sister crying and yelling at you because she thought you were dead.

Oy.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#22]
My drinking problem is that i have two hands and only one mouth.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you have a problem?  Basically if you have to ask, the answer is yes.  From reading your post you might want to seek some proffessional help before things get worse for you.  

Good Luck,

Gary
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#24]
gettin close, thats why I am taking a break....

I never did drink every night, but I sure as heck made up for it on the weekends.. to the point that sunday night and monday sucked because of withdrawl.    

last Friday, I lost about two hours, no idea what I did, granted I was with friends, and no one showed up to kick my ass, or I didn't get any warrents in the mail so it must not have been bad..  but still.. I need a break.   Same goes for the fri before that, that time I woke up at a friends house.

Tonight, I really really really want to go out..   but I am not going to break down and do it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#25]
and as always it has to be worse..   had 3 IMs in the last hour from friends wanting to go out
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I dont drink
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I think I'll have a beer and think about it...

Seriously, if you are having blackouts, you need to ease back.  My underinformed opinion is that AA and counseling will just fuck with your head for the most part and make you feel guilty.

Just ease back.  No need to finish the bottle tonight.  Taking your time lets you enjoy it more.

Took me 2 DUI to get more responsible with my drinking, but I still enjoy the hell out of a good beer and a smoke.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't drink that much... I haven't had any since the Superbowl, and none for a few weeks before that.

I like to go long periods between my drinks and keep my tolerance low, so when I want to get a good buzz going I don't have to drink that much.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Airborne tablets, or a few E-MergenC packets really help keep the hangover to a minimum. Mandatory when traveling to keep from getting sick.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Give it up for Lent.  If you can't make it until Easter, get treatment.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
No. I can stop drinking at any time.

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Why does 18yo whisky have to taste like sweet nectar from the gods?  Yes!!  That's what I'm talking about.  Another one has seen the light!!!
-Mac

MACNINE!!!!  You're drinking garbage.  Change your drink.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top