Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 5:54:06 PM EDT
Id like to use a HTPC with an OTA TV tuner and have the xbox360 be able to watch tv, play dvds, etc, all from the HTPC.  is this possible?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but if you are ripping DVDs, you'll want to convert them to MPEG or another supported format.

Assuming you're going to be using Win7 Media Center, it will play DVR_MS files that MC records to.

You can also control the tuner from the Xbox.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:41:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, but if you are ripping DVDs, you'll want to convert them to MPEG or another supported format.

Assuming you're going to be using Win7 Media Center, it will play DVR_MS files that MC records to.

awesome, as I get a free copy of win7 pro as an IT student at the college Im attending through their MSDNAA program.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

awesome, as I get a free copy of win7 pro as an IT student at the college Im attending through their MSDNAA program.

Good deal.

I use it on my HTPC and LOVE it.

Does everything I want it to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top