Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/12/2006 5:58:08 PM EDT
You'd figure a state that has a fried chicken chain named after it would have good fried chicken, but it doesn't. I always thought KY would be THE place for fried chicken, but in all honesty, theres better stuff in CT. What gives?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:58:52 PM EDT
Oooooo +1
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:00:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mmanwitgun:
You'd figure a state that has a fried chicken chain named after it would have good fried chicken, but it doesn't. I always thought KY would be THE place for fried chicken, but in all honesty, theres better stuff in CT. What gives?

You aren't looking in the right places.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:00:28 PM EDT
So you're saying that you've recently toured all of the great state of Kentucky sampling chicken all the while and found it all wanting?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:01:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 6:01:55 PM EDT by WildBoar]
The Peruvians make the best chicken on the planet.

La Granja is the only place to get chicken. 1/2 chicken, black beans and rice, plantains and a Pepsi for $5.95
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:01:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:
Oooooo +1
IBTL

IBTL, was there a new CoC I violated (I can't keep track)?

or do you think someone will troll the post and get it locked?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:01:23 PM EDT
KFC has the stupidest and laziest employees.

The Colonel is rolling in his grave.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:03:28 PM EDT

Oooooo +1
IBTL

There is already a thread going about KFC. Speculated that it would get locked.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:07:20 PM EDT
KFC chicken sucks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:08:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:19:48 PM EDT
The KFC by me is great, the service is good too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:26:37 PM EDT

Oooooo +1
IBTL

There is already a thread going about KFC. Speculated that it would get locked.

The thread with KFC in the title actually inspired this thread. Ever since moving right across from KY, the fried chicken has been nothing but a disappointment.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:28:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By triburst1:

You aren't looking in the right places.

got a recommendation? I'm usually in northern KY at least once a week for cheap cigs or a trip to waffle house. (Oddly enough although I live in OH, the KY waffle house is closer than any instate waffle house)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:31:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

La Granja is the only place to get chicken. 1/2 chicken, black beans and rice, plantains and a Pepsi for $5.95

+1

Central and South Americans cook chicken 10 times better than KFC and it's roasted/baked not fried. Plus black beans and rice rule!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:34:15 PM EDT
Brown's is better.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:34:37 PM EDT

I always thought KY would be THE place for fried chicken, but in all honesty, theres better stuff in CT.

Hey, anyone know where the first Kentucky Fried Chicken was?

It wasn't in KY.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:34:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stove_Pipe:

+1

Central and South Americans cook chicken 10 times better than KFC and it's roasted/baked not fried. Plus black beans and rice rule!

When I was in Costa Rica that was their main dish. You could get that meal for about $2 at some of those little hole in the wall restaurants. The best chicken I have ever had.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:35:05 PM EDT

+1

roasted and fried chicken are two different things. Its like comparing a steak house to a burger joint, its unfair.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:38:48 PM EDT
no problem here, i eat at a local store every couple weeks
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:42:04 PM EDT
They cater to a different demographic now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:42:54 PM EDT

+1

roasted and fried chicken are two different things. Its like comparing a steak house to a burger joint, its unfair.

Damn, always got to be the voice of reason. I'll stick with my "Steak" for less than the Fried chicken "Burger" any day. Fried chicken is good though, Sometimes that is what the mood calls for.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:48:35 PM EDT
quit being anti-social, show up to a Team Ohio shoot and maybe hubby and i will invite you over to have my homemade fried chicken--better than any fast food place
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:15:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:
quit being anti-social, show up to a Team Ohio shoot and maybe hubby and i will invite you over to have my homemade fried chicken--better than any fast food place

hmmm homemade friend chicken? sounds promising

and sorry for being anti social, but lifes been one giant drama since moving to cincy. Hopefully I can make the shoot on the weekend of the 22nd
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:09:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GarrettJ:

I always thought KY would be THE place for fried chicken, but in all honesty, theres better stuff in CT.

Hey, anyone know where the first Kentucky Fried Chicken was?

It wasn't in KY.

First of all, if it wasn't in Kentucky, how could it be KENTUCKY Fried Chicken?

Second, the first KFC restaurant was in Corbin, KY. There is a museum there dedicated to Colonel Saunders.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:12:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:12:55 PM EDT
I had some of there Firey Buffo "wings" pretty damn good, the spice was perfect, right on the edge of being no fun after 6 peices. They brouht it freash out, right to me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:14:03 PM EDT
Fast food fried chicken and ma and pa place fried chicken are two different animals.

In my opinion, KFC sucks. I have some local places that make great fried chicken, but I can alway go visit my mom for the my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:16:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TomHighway:
Second, the first KFC restaurant was in Corbin, KY. There is a museum there dedicated to Colonel Saunders.

He served the chicken in Corbin, but the first KFC was in SLC.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:18:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
foodgoat.blogspot.com/050826roscoes0003.jpg

what the hell is with the chicken and waffle combo? A few weeks ago I went to an upscale soul food place in Harlem that apparently Clinton frequents for lunch and they have a chicken and waffle meal called the Al Sharpton. My sister ordered is and it was a drumstick on a waffle? what the hell? you don't put hot sauce or bbq sauce on a waffle and you don't put maple syrup on a drumstick. It looked like a screwed up combination.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:18:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:

Then it wasn't KENTUCKY Fried Chicken, was it?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:20:19 PM EDT
Bojangles is thr best chain place around here
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:20:32 PM EDT

Then it wasn't KENTUCKY Fried Chicken, was it?

Google is your friend.

While Colonel Harland D. Sanders first served his now famous original recipe at his café in Corbin, Ky., it was franchisee Pete Harman who helped bring the Kentucky Fried Chicken® restaurant chain to life.

Harman thought the Colonel's fried chicken was so delicious, he offered to serve it to his customers at his family café. On August 4, 1952, the Colonel's™ Original Recipe® Chicken with 11 secret herbs and spices was sold at the world's first Kentucky Fried Chicken location in Salt Lake City.

I thought everyone knew this, History Channel rocks!!!!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:28:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:32:01 PM EDT
What's wrong with KFC?

My Doc says I need to cut down on fried foods.

I can't eat them as much as I would like to.

And besides, the mashed potatoes have too much pepper in them.

And I hate his biscuits.

­

<­BR>

I miss the Colonel.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:11:28 PM EDT
Have you tried Claudia Sanders? I haven't been there since the original building burned down in 1999 but the food was excellent.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:35:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 1:18:00 AM EDT by Big_Bear]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:01:35 AM EDT
Seriously, you mean that can't tell that there is a problem with KFC when they are using "Sweet Home Alabama" as their theme song in their commercial?

FWIW, Church's has the best chicken & menu for a chain. You can get corn on the cob, corn bread and okra at Church's.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:11:50 AM EDT
Zaxby's Chicken
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:13:29 AM EDT

That's what I thought.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:17:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 5:17:54 AM EDT by kissfan]

Originally Posted By ArmedAggie:

That's what I thought.

And Boston Market is headquartered in Golden, CO and owned by McDonalds.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:27:19 AM EDT
I'm a fan of Popeye's if I am in Louisiana. The chicken seems a little different there than in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:43:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AcidGambit:
The KFC by me is great, the service is good too.

+1 Same here. I love their buffet and their chicken rocks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:23:19 AM EDT
There was a show on FoodTV a while back about the Colonel. I forget the numbers, but he sold out to a bigger company for a few million dollars. A few years later that company sold the franchise to Pepsi for a few hundred million dollars. The Colonel said he regretted selling the company from day one, and not because of the money. He was just passionate about fried chicken. After visiting a KFC, he told the press that the gravy on his potatoes tasted like wall-paper paste. I guess he regretted it for the rest of his life.

There were several years there, probably late 80's, early 90's, that I literally did not go into a Kentucky Fried Chicken that I did not see a live cockroach running around on the floor. I have eated at KFC probably four or five times in the last +/-15 years.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:39:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
foodgoat.blogspot.com/050826roscoes0003.jpg

what the hell is with the chicken and waffle combo? A few weeks ago I went to an upscale soul food place in Harlem that apparently Clinton frequents for lunch and they have a chicken and waffle meal called the Al Sharpton. My sister ordered is and it was a drumstick on a waffle? what the hell? you don't put hot sauce or bbq sauce on a waffle and you don't put maple syrup on a drumstick. It looked like a screwed up combination.

Exactly!
Top Top