Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 3:19:18 AM EDT
i dont know the first thing about the airsoft "madness" maybe its cool.
seems cheap to me
anybody use one? what gives?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i dont know the first about the airsoft "madness" maybe its cool.
seems cheap to me

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Toys for kids.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:34:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:04:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:28:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I prefer "real steel" myself.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#13]
My cousin's husband popped me in the side of the head with an Airsoft AR-15 last week, stung like hell. Of course that was in retaliation for me hitting him square in his package with the fake 1911 from about 2 feet away so I guess I asked for it I was bored after about 30 seconds and his AR broke after about 50 shots, I was laughing because I paid less for my Mosin M44 than he did those two pieces of crap.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:36:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Heck yeah I use one.  I have kids and dont want to have to worry about overpenetration through walls, etc... if I have to shoot at an intruder.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:58:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Say Airsofters are gay all you like.  The fact is, they are out in the fields doing it while most of you are sitting on your fat asses.

If the SHTF, I would rather be with a bunch of kids who are in shape from running around playing AIRSOFT, then a bunch of fat bastard arm chair commandos.

Try it fat boy, you just might like it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:10:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Say Airsofters are gay all you like.  The fact is, they are out in the fields doing it while most of you are sitting on your fat asses.

If the SHTF, I would rather be with a bunch of kids who are in shape from running around playing AIRSOFT, then a bunch of fat bastard arm chair commandos.

Us "fatboys" will be sniping from 1000 yards, don't even have to recover a body.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

If you have the skills and the rilfe to shoot out to 500 yards then you don't need to run as much.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:16:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Some folks get a bit excited about airsoft. Funny thing is they all wanna have army looking AR's too.  I don't use airsoft to compete or anything, but it makes a decent training tool.  I taught my kids to shoot using 1 in my living room.  I train draws, ect. in my home with em too.   Who cares if kids wanna go out and play with em in the woods.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Us "fatboys" will be sniping from 1000 yards, don't even have to recover a body.
hr

Heh.  Keep telling yourself that.  Eventually its gonna come down to CQB.  

When is the last time you formed up in a squad and swept through a hostile building with your m4gery?  

You all bitch about Airsoft for some stupid reason.  IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.  You practice to prepare for war.  As much you all talk about the SHTF, you think you would understand this.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:16:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When is the last time you formed up in a squad and swept through a hostile building with your m4gery?  

You all bitch about Airsoft for some stupid reason.  IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.  You practice to prepare for war.  As much you all talk about the SHTF, you think you would understand this.

Been a while I admit, of course airsoft trains you well. You may even get bruised.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:22:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh yea,then ya gonna give these well trained and fit idiots some real guns so they can muzzle sweep you and not even think about trigger discipline,I think I will stick to the arm chair commando crowd.People who are in shape and don't know how to use weapons correctly are just going to leave behind a nice looking corpse.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:23:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I understand that if I am ever in a CQB SHTF situation then my plans already failed.  I am no expert but usually CQB is an offensive manuvure, I want no part of that.  And all you airsoft training ain't goinna help you when it's the US military you will be facing.

So stop kidding yourself Air-Rambo.  It keeps you in shape (maybe) and that's it.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Oh yea,then ya gonna give these well trained and fit idiots some real guns so they can muzzle sweep you and not even think about trigger discipline,I think I will stick to the arm chair commando crowd.People who are in shape and don't know how to use weapons correctly are just going to leave behind a nice looking corpse.hr

You would be very surprised.  That's alright though.  Keep on telling yourself your the baddest boy on the block.  That you will be able to get off those 1000 and 500 yard shots.  That these "kids" don't know what they're doing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:27:29 AM EDT
[#26]
It's like VA Dinger daja-vu all over again...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:28:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Xtremhigh practices CQB with his uber l33t squad

Xtremhigh "draws down"

You can't look at the guy in the middle and tell me that air5oft is NOT gay

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

Been a while I admit, of course airsoft trains you well. You may even get bruised.hr

Steady now MrClean!!…show some respect!  we have us a military man who is teaching us tactics!!hug.gif

tinypic.com/a9snz9.jpg

You never know who is on the other end of the www.  I'm done.  You guys are hopeless.  I thought the arfcom army would see the value behind the training.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:29:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Come back to ARFCOM when your balls drop. I want someone at my back that knows how to operate a real weapon, not someone who is going to be trying to figure out where the batteries go when I hand them a rifle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
i dont know the first about the airsoft "madness" maybe its cool.
seems cheap to me

Hmmmmm, so naturally this could never be a troll account...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#31]
squatdog,is that you?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:53:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO. First time a REAL ROUND comes back your way YOU are gonna be laying down wishing you were 1000 yards out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been a while I admit, of course airsoft trains you well. You may even get bruised.

Steady now MrClean!!…show some respect!  we have us a military man who is teaching us tactics!!

tinypic.com/a9snz9.jpg

You never know who is on the other end of the www.  I'm done.  You guys are hopeless.  I thought the arfcom army would see the value behind the training.

You didn't have time to post anyway. Your Delta unit is operational.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:00:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
squatdog,is that you?

+1

some guys are getting PLAYED right here!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Somebody is mad becuase they have to go back to school. So, what grade you in? 8th?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Heck yeah I use one.  I have kids and dont want to have to worry about overpenetration through walls, etc... if I have to shoot at an intruder.

lol!

i see i started a mild shitstorm, i didnt mean to.....some of the funniest stuff ive read in a while though...
let me get this straight, they run around and shoot eachother? like paint ball..
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#37]
I can't believe I can still say this on page two, but...

IBTG!!!!

In Before The Goat!

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#38]
if your going to play with them   need to get the metal ones   they are 350-1200 dollars    my mp5 is jsut like a real one   all metal actual weight
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
if your going to play with them   need to get the metal ones   they are 350-1200 dollars    my mp5 is jsut like a real one   all metal actual weight

im pretty sure i can think of something better to spend 1200 bucks on then something that shoots a plastic BB 250 fps.
like this
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#40]
it was a lot of fun when i was in highschool.  we'd go to a buddy's house and shoot eachother all day.  

but one day, i turned 18 and started spending all my money on real guns...

but i'm still thinking about picking up one of those gas powered full auto m11's for the cats in the neighborhood.  the next time one of them fuckers climbs on top of my truck, it'll get a 50 round mag unloaded on it in 3 seconds
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO. First time a REAL ROUND comes back your way YOU are gonna be laying down wishing you were 1000 yards out.

Not to mention if the SHTF all your "training" wouldn't mean shit because YOU DON'T HAVE A FULL-AUTO MP5SD/AUG/FAMAS/(insert counter-strike weapons here)

ETA:
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

Been a while I admit, of course airsoft trains you well. You may even get bruised.hr

Steady now MrClean!!…show some respect!  we have us a military man who is teaching us tactics!!hug.gif

tinypic.com/a9snz9.jpg

You didn't have time to post anyway. Your Delta unit is operational. hr

Hey old man!  I am a veteran of Desert Storm and Mogadishu!  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Tabro/cartman.jpg
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!

Recently there was a story done on me in my hometown newspaper.  I am the youngest sniper ever in the history of the Green Berets.  I'm in 10th SFG, and when I'm not doing that, I'm in a secret division of the PJ's.  So you can all kiss my ass!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:51:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh yea,then ya gonna give these well trained and fit idiots some real guns so they can muzzle sweep you and not even think about trigger discipline,I think I will stick to the arm chair commando crowd.People who are in shape and don't know how to use weapons correctly are just going to leave behind a nice looking corpse.

You would be very surprised.  That's alright though.  Keep on telling yourself your the baddest boy on the block.  That you will be able to get off those 1000 and 500 yard shots.  That these "kids" don't know what they're doing.

just where do airsofters get thier training?  Airsoft can be used as a training tool. But, It takes actual legimate training (by pros)to become actually proficient.  These guys running around playing are fooling themselves if they think they are actually trained for anything.  Remember you are playing qame, it is not real life.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steady now MrClean!!…show some respect!  we have us a military man who is teaching us tactics!!

tinypic.com/a9snz9.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Tabro/cartman.jpg
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!

Recently there was a story done on me in my hometown newspaper.  I am the youngest sniper ever in the history of the Green Berets.  I'm in 10th SFG, and when I'm not doing that, I'm in a secret division of the PJ's.  So you can all kiss my ass!

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:58:07 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/a9snz9.jpg

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!

we just got plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayed
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Your X-box is calling to you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!

HAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This BS is killing me! So by PJ you mean Space Shuttle Door Gunner... right?

A real serviceman dosent have the thought to prove himself to anyone, including us... and they dont make up shit and blabber about secrets. Its called quite proffesionalism.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
i dont know the first thing about the airsoft "madness" maybe its cool.
seems cheap to me

There is a war on.  Kids play war.  Don't tell me you wouldn't have had a pile
of the crap when you were 13
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#49]
7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top