Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:52:39 AM EDT
I woke up around 3AM, there was a thunderstorm, lots of rain and lightning. I got up to close the other windows but left the one in my bedroom open. the rain and lightning was keeping me from falling asleep. all of a sudden there was this godawful formaldehyde and sewage smell coming through the window, I'm thinking where the fuck could that come from? no really, wtf? chupacabra? I got scared and unsheathed my knife. (I didn't trust myself with my gun, I didn't want a AD because I'd be on a hair trigger, I was scared, my skin was crawling) what the fuck was that smell coming from, there had to be something out the window, a knife shoud do it, chupacabra's are only a 4' tall winged monster anything that comes through that window with a freaked out me on the other side of the knife is going to end up a bloody dead lump, I don't care what it is. no wait, chupacabras are supposed to smell like sulfur, what else smells like formaldehyde and sewage? a zombie? what the fuck? what was it?

I watched the window. and waited. after about 5 minutes the smell started to go away. after 10 minutes it was gone. I put my knife away and went to sleep.

what could have made that smell? what could it have been?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
possum
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Michelle Obama?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
If a strange smell is enough to make you so jumpy that you don't trust yourself with your pistol, what are you going to do if someone breaks in?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:57:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Michelle Obama?

yuck
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:57:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Michelle Obama?

This. You got lucky. Real lucky...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude, you shit yourself.

No need to go get all freaky and pulling knives and shit.

You seriously got all scared from a BAD SMELL?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You probably farted.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#8]
BLADE MAN, BLADE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BLADE!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:02:24 AM EDT
[#9]
dude..  you just forgot to wipe

it happens..  

i dont understand how you got so worked up over a smell..  whats gonna happen when you hear glass breaking from someone making entry through a window?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#10]
come on, man..if it rains alot i always get the sewage smell around here..goes away though..something to do with the septic tank/leach field and the ground being saturated.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:05:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Smoker!!!!  Could tou knife the tongue fast enough?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:06:23 AM EDT
[#12]

You probably farted.  

No, I think he sharted...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:07:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm gonna be nice and guess that the rain flooded a leech bed or something of the like , and the smell WAS sewage.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If a strange smell is enough to make you so jumpy that you don't trust yourself with your pistol, what are you going to do if someone breaks in?

if I thought it was human I wouldn't have been that scared. burglar, big deal.
however, with the state of "oh shit"ness I was in, the instant someone would have stuck their arm in the window they woud have lost it. then I'd realize it was a person, and if they needed some more knife I'd give it to them, otherwise I'd fall back, get the gun, dial 911 and wait for any further hostilities.

ya, maybe it would have been better to simply stay farther away from the window, keep my damn finger off the trigger and keep it pointed in a safe direction. that would have given me a safety zone for identification and reaction even if it was some kind of godawful smelly mutant.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:11:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Whatever it was it "marked" its terroritory. You're a goner.

Dibs on guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:12:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm gonna be nice and guess that the rain flooded a leech bed or something of the like , and the smell WAS sewage.

a leech bed? what's that? I live out in the suburbs.
no, I didn't fart either.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:12:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Michelle Obama?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:13:05 AM EDT
[#18]
So you didn't think it was human.

What did you think it was, an imaginary shitmonster?

Dude, there are no boogeymen.

I can't imagine drawing a weapon over a smell. If you are that jumpy/paranoid, maybe there are other things going on that you should talk to your doctor about?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:14:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's leach bed and it's part of a septic system.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#21]
It's OK to be afraid of the rain....talk about it...let it out? Tell me about your relationship with your mother.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:15:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i dont understand how you got so worked up over a smell..  whats gonna happen when you hear glass breaking from someone making entry through a window?

that smell was not supposed to be there. something was up. if it was glass breaking, fine, it's a burglar, I have a gun there and I know what I'm dealing with.
if I knew what it was I wouldn't be posting this wacky shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#23]
term for a perforated drainage/vent pipe that comes off from your septic tank and is buried underground, and when the ground is saturated in water it floods your septic and what-not, which is was most likely caused that smell. your own shit and piss
This is a pretty elaborate design but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:18:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What did you eat that day?

taco bell, refired beans, chili, 2 cans of beer and a zucchini salad, the usual, why?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#26]
if you hear a noise outside your window at 3am, what would you think?
what's the difference from a smell you know isn't supposed to be there and you have no explanation for?
what if you smell cologne, or beer, or fried chicken breath coming in your window at 3am? oh nooo, silly you, go back to sleep.
you might not wake up again. I'm not that stupid.
you can be as stupid as you want and laugh about it too. I don't care.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Whatever it was it "marked" its terroritory. You're a goner.

Dibs on guns and ammo.

/thread
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Intense fear at 3 AM... It was probably a demon. Reach for your sword(Sword of the Spirit) next time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:42:53 AM EDT
[#31]
You know I used to always laugh off the 'skools out' cracks people make...

I dont laugh so much lately...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
what's the difference from a smell you know isn't supposed to be there and you have no explanation for?
what if you smell cologne, or beer, or fried chicken breath coming in your window at 3am? oh nooo, silly you, go back to sleep.

Oddly enough, that is how we lost the Colonel.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Don't be such a fucking girl.

Scared by a smell? Seriously? Hand in your man card and buy a fucking purse and box of tampons, Nancy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I woke up around 3AM, there was a thunderstorm, lots of rain and lightning. I got up to close the other windows but left the one in my bedroom open. the rain and lightning was keeping me from falling asleep. all of a sudden there was this godawful formaldehyde and sewage smell coming through the window, I'm thinking where the fuck could that come from? no really, wtf? chupacabra? I got scared and unsheathed my knife. (I didn't trust myself with my gun, I didn't want a AD because I'd be on a hair trigger, I was scared, my skin was crawling) what the fuck was that smell coming from, there had to be something out the window, a knife shoud do it, chupacabra's are only a 4' tall winged monster anything that comes through that window with a freaked out me on the other side of the knife is going to end up a bloody dead lump, I don't care what it is. no wait, chupacabras are supposed to smell like sulfur, what else smells like formaldehyde and sewage? a zombie? what the fuck? what was it?

I watched the window. and waited. after about 5 minutes the smell started to go away. after 10 minutes it was gone. I put my knife away and went to sleep.

Sorry man, got wasted and was at the wrong house.  As for the sewage smell, well, when I saw the naked dude with the knife I crapped my pants.  Won't happen again man.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Scared by a smell? Seriously? Hand in your man card and buy a fucking purse and box of tampons, Nancy.

would you be scared by a noise?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody is picking on you for being concerned about an unusual smell.
An unsual smell could indicate a gas leak, a chemical spill - all sorts of things that could be potentially dangerous.
What people ARE picking on you for is that your response to an unsual smell is to draw a weapon.  

I wasn't concerned. I was scared. when I get scared I'm going to draw a weapon.

people that would say they are "picking" on me can kiss my fucking ass.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:03:50 AM EDT
[#37]
You had a night visitor.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I do believe you had a visitor.

That would do it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:07:00 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where leeches sleep and fornicate.  The thunder probably woke the smelly little suckers up, too.

What probably happened is the rainwater filled the storm drains rapidly and vented the air that normally occupies that space near your home.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Definitely Chupacabra
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#41]
OP I've had some very strange encounters back here in the booines of WV and I can tell you the main difference between me and you is I would have gone to look.
I've done this many times at a strange or unusual sound or smell just head over to it while others are running away,yep I'm a little crazy of course I have a gun with me,and a sword
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

would you be scared by a noise?

A noise during a thunderstorm? Not a fucking chance. A loud hiss and bang while working with explosives? Probably, but not scared enough to shit myself and try to stab the noise.

Seriously, you might as well buy a skirt and some makeup.

And you didn't say jack shit about a noise outside your window, Charlene, you pissed yourself over a smell.. Allow me to refresh your memory (and terrify you all over again)

all of a sudden there was this godawful formaldehyde and sewage smell coming through the window, I'm thinking where the fuck could that come from? no really, wtf? chupacabra? I got scared and unsheathed my knife. (I didn't trust myself with my gun, I didn't want a AD because I'd be on a hair trigger, I was scared, my skin was crawling)

Again, purse and tampons. Buy them, Wanda.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#43]
kiss my fucking ass.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#44]
––-
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#45]
A knife is inadequate for a chupacabra...unless you are Chuck Norris.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

For some reason, this made me laugh...my thinking precisely.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
kiss my fucking ass.

Truth stings a bit, doesn't it Carol.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Makes people wonder don't it
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So you didn't think it was human.

What did you think it was, an imaginary shitmonster?

Dude, there are no boogeymen.

I can't imagine drawing a weapon over a smell. If you are that jumpy/paranoid, maybe there are other things going on that you should talk to your doctor about?

Fuck me, arfcom crack up of the day.

It's the only explanation, too! Why would the smell of shit scare you more than a burgler? Because it isn't human. It's an imaginary shitmonster. It's so terrifying that if an innocent bystander popped up before the shitmonster, you'd blow his brains out. Too dangerous to risk target ID, when the smell of the shitmonster is present. A half second hesitation and you're dead. Better go with the knife.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#50]
did you watch a scary movie before nighty nite?  leave a night lite on man, you'll feel better
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top