Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2001 4:46:29 PM EDT
both new in the box. trade straight across? i happen to like the glock, because of its size, and, i got a heck of a deal on the hk. (under 500) well, what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I would keep the HK.
Value wise HK is a bit more expensive than the Glock.
Also HK has the Safety, External Hammer, and Decocking feature.

Anyways that's my opinion, but if you like the Glock it's up to you.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The HK also has a fully supported chamber. Which translates to +P+, and reloads a plenty.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's see. Trade an HK which has a fully supported chamber hence no Kabooms for a Glock with a seemingly unending history of kabooms? That's like asking to trade you left lung for an order of fries. How could you even think the thought? If you must, then buy the Glock and compare them side by side for a few years, then see which one you like. If you trade the USP Compact, you will regret it. Not that my vote matters to you, as you will no doubt make your own mistakes, but I say keep the HK.

"I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence I would advise violence." - Mohandas Gandhi
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
In my experience glock is number one with a bullet as far as handguns go.  Its simplicity and reliability are unmatched.  The HK is also a spectacular weapon itself and would serve you well in just about any situation.  The choice between two such fine arms it is largely a matter of personal opinion.

13th Monkey
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Normally I'd reply with a resounding HELL NO!  Personally I think the H&K if a far superior weapon.  BUT if you like the G-lock and you think it would be a good trade then go ahead.

Less than 500 for a NIB USP.45c is a great deal.  You'll be hard pressed to find that deal again.  Aside from the fact that the H&K is a superior firearm (did I mention I like H&K pistols?) it will definitely hold its value better.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a glock 30 and I would not trade it for an hk.  No external safety, it eats everything I give it.  As long as I don't give it double charged reloads, I won't have to worry about kb. I can give it +p+ ammo, by the way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
You must be NUTS!!!
Dont do it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I've shot both and own the HK but in full size .45. Keep the HK, you'll probably regret selling it somewhere down the road and will have to pay lot's more than $500 to get another one. Save you pennies and get the glock in a month or two but keep the HK.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Straight trade? No way.

I have a Glock 27 and love it. The HK is worth more than the Glock. Really depends on what you expect from the gun. Personally I like the external hammer, and safty/decocker on the HK. The only thing I don't like about the Glocks are their inability to restrike if you happen to hit a hard primer. That in a life or death situation could suck.

I wouldn't worry too much about Kabooms, they are more prevalent in the .40 cal. But I would only trade if you are heart set on a Glock, or you get a little extra cash with the trade.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#10]
bwilly, seems rather one sided doesn't it?

FWIW - I have a USP .45F and .45C. Granted the .45C is not a tiny weapon - but it is not a hard weapon to conceal.

Is this for concealed carry? If it is - keep the .45C and for those times that warrant it - get a G-Lock 27. Like running shorts and t-shirt on a 100 degree day.

If it is not for concealed carry - well it is your call and your money; but for me - not a chance.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
- would you trade a hk.45 compact for a glock 30

no
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep the HK.  I would take an HK pistol any day of the week over the Glock.  I have owned and shot both, and would still take the HK.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#14]
well, thanks guys, i will decide this coming weekend. we are going out shooting, and i will see if i like it (the 30) or not. yes, it will be for ccw use. i have a g27 also, and like it a lot. it just seems like the hk is pretty hard to hide? in my mind, however, they are both fine weapons.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#15]
If you're worried about size, maybe a G36 is better yet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Man...I wish I had a Glock to trade ya!

IMHO--Keep the HK.

John
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 1:54:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Actually, I have 3 Glocks and 4 HK's and I will admit there is something to be said for the consistent trigger pull of the Glock, no matter how mushy it feels. You would have to keep the HK cocked and locked to get the same effect. As far as perceived quality, the HK wins in that department. They are a thing of beauty.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:02:44 AM EDT
[#18]
NO!
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:21:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Hell NO
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Put down the crack pipe and think this over again when you are not stoned out of you mind!  You'd be crazy to trade the HK for the glock.  DON'T DO IT!
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I have one of each and the g30 is my CCW daily carry gun. I like the HK but I am downright deadly with the Glock. I must have tried a hundred guns and the G30 is the one that fits me just right. You won't be sorry with either.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#22]
A different perspective:
Keep the HK and buy the 30 that way you know they will be loved and cared for like nobody else can.

They deserve a decent owner, both of them.

Hunter out...

PS (Glock Fan)
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Trade an HK for a Glock?!?!?! What a deal, I wouldn't even contemplate it. Its a no brainer. The answer is an absolute [b]YES[/b] I'm suprised its not 2 HK for 1 Glock [:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top