Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/25/2005 8:17:26 AM EDT
I saw a nice looking fake ROLEX yesterday and it was all stainless with a red and blue rotating bezel and mineral crystal face and the back had a cut away see through window that showed the mechanical internals, it was self winding, and was marked swiss made.

the guy wanted $120 for it, but then he asked me to make an offer, what would be a reasonable offer to make? it looked like a well made watch?

anybody own one? are they good watches? is $120 a good price?

www.replicahause.com/index.php?cPath=33
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:18:41 AM EDT
Why would you want to be a poser. Buy a real one.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:19:55 AM EDT
Poseur

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:24:34 AM EDT
I live out west where no one cares what watch (or anything else for that matter) you are wearing. Just buy a regular watch from a Cabela's catalog or something.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:26:15 AM EDT
I bought one for $12 when I was in Cancun. It looked really good but only lasted about 2 weeks though.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:26:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2005 8:27:02 AM EDT by slash-5]
You can get those for $45 around here.

That being said, my BIL has one and he is a real ass.

I, myself, have a real Omega.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:31:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
Poseur

I think it would look nice with a SEAL ball cap and shirt

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:35:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:37:26 AM EDT
I've got real ones, why would I want a fake?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:38:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2005 8:43:55 AM EDT by DOW]
I wouldn't wear it if it were free. Seriously.

By a Tag (like I did) if you can't afford a Rolex/Omega right now. Can't afford a Tag? Get an Ollech & Wajs or a RN diver. Lots of decent genuine wristwatches out there in the $200-$300 range.

Look here

And here
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:39:46 AM EDT
I have one of those fake Rolexx(the extra "x" is intentional, and abosolutely NOT a typo) watches that I bought as a gag when in I was Ensenada Mex. I paid something like $20.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:40:51 AM EDT
Vasio G-Shock for this poor bunny!

I hate rich man's watches.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:45:53 AM EDT
I wouldn't buy fake Rolex or a real one for that matter. I just don't feel I would get good return for my money, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:50:28 AM EDT
You can get a fake in manhattan for about $15, as far as not getting a good return, well, 5 yrs ago I paid $2900 for a submariner in Grand cayman, my parnter bought his in manhattan last year for Just under $5000. I could probably get about $500 more for mine used than I paid new. Wish I could say that about some of my Rifle collection !!!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:59:07 AM EDT
$10-15 in the night markets in China, which is where it came from.

The one I brought back was actually a good watch.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:59:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:02:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:02:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2005 9:06:35 AM EDT by gmtmaster]

Originally Posted By DienBienPhu54:
I saw a nice looking fake ROLEX yesterday and it was all stainless with a red and blue rotating bezel and mineral crystal face and the back had a cut away see through window that showed the mechanical internals, it was self winding, and was marked swiss made.

the guy wanted $120 for it, but then he asked me to make an offer, what would be a reasonable offer to make? it looked like a well made watch?

anybody own one? are they good watches? is $120 a good price?

watchez.com/files/master/rolex/large/RX408-NP0.jpg

www.replicahause.com/index.php?cPath=33

Real deal here..... They most often take a pic from Rolex's web site and post it.. What you see is not what you get.... Why in the hell would you want a fake anyway? They are very easy to spot..

And no.. A counterfiet is just that... A piece of shit...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:02:42 AM EDT
Man I never understood the mentality of buying fake branded products.

I'd rather have a real Casio than a fake Rolex...but that's just me.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:09:59 AM EDT
Not being a smartass but my damn cell phone never worked well for me underwater. I guess it depends on what you are using something for, my rolex has been thru alot and never gave me a bit of trouble, I think money well spent.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:10:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tc6969:
My cell phone has a readout on the front of it that will get me there on time just as good as a $5000 Rolex.

Actually better. Cell phones are synchronized with the atomic clock in CO. My Rolex submariner never kept time right....they told me it was me when I sent it back. So, I sold it and bought an Omega. It has the same problem after being re-certified by the factory.

I didn’t believe them, so I left it off my wrist for a couple of weeks (only shaking it to wind it each day), and low and behold it was within a couple of seconds a month. If I wear it, it gets off about 5 minutes a month (exactly the same amount as the Rolex did). Go figure.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:12:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:16:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Pault:
You can get a fake in manhattan for about $15...

A buddy and I were walking down the street in Manhattan one day and he bought one.

As we were walking away I told him "You know that's not a real Rolex, right?"

He said "That's okay. It wasn't a real $20 either."

<­BR>

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:28:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2005 9:29:15 AM EDT by ARDOC]
Rolex watches are more then watches. They are considered male jewerly. Thats why they are so expensive and why they retain their value. As a time piece there are other much more accurate watches out there. Due to their mechanism, they will not keep precise time like an electronic time piece.

It also makes up for about 1 inch of dick. Just as any woman.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:30:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Midnight-Sniper:
I live out west down south where no one cares what watch (or anything else for that matter) you are wearing. Just buy a regular watch from a Cabela's catalog or something.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:36:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:43:45 AM EDT
i saw them when they first came out. Back then they used Quartz movement and you could tell them by the tick tick second hand. Rolexes sweep.

Thye have come up in quality quite a bit from back then. So much so that its difficult to tell the fake ones from the real ones. The real ones have a number stamped behind where the band and the watch protion meet. Also the weight is different.

120 is too much 30-50 is more like it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:44:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:59:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wash-Ar15:
i saw them when they first came out. Back then they used Quartz movement and you could tell them by the tick tick second hand. Rolexes sweep.

Thye have come up in quality quite a bit from back then. So much so that its difficult to tell the fake ones from the real ones. The real ones have a number stamped behind where the band and the watch protion meet. Also the weight is different.

No they dont... They "tick" at 8 steps per second... Oysterquartz models actually do tick...The only true sweep is the accutron which is done by Bulova.. Tons of ways to tell fakes.. Cyclops magnification, dial font, hand length, type of engraving used on the serial and model which is located between the lugs... Not all are easy to identify as fake... Some are good enough to fool ADs....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:05:22 AM EDT
I have looked at these watches. They are almost convincing however I would not spend $120 on a fake Rolex. If it were me I would save my money and get what I really want. My I recomend Breitling's Colt line or any Tag.

As for return on the money, the cost to replace my Breitling has went up 1/3 of its cost in 8 months. I could sell this watch for what I paid for it. I can't say that for most of the guns in my safe.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:54:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gmtmaster:

Originally Posted By Wash-Ar15:

No they dont... They "tick" at 8 steps per second... Oysterquartz models actually do tick...The only true sweep is the accutron which is done by Bulova.. Tons of ways to tell fakes.. Cyclops magnification, dial font, hand length, type of engraving used on the serial and model which is located between the lugs... Not all are easy to identify as fake... Some are good enough to fool ADs....

+1
Oh and the earlier Rolex models ticked at 5 beats per second before they
went to a newer watch movement with 8bps.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:56:38 AM EDT
I might get one, but I rarely wear watches.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:59:09 AM EDT
A rolex = metrosexual

not sure what that says about a fake one
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:01:55 PM EDT
I wouldn't own a fake.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:02:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
A rolex = metrosexual

I have two, and I am far from a metrosexual, buddy.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:07:37 PM EDT
I get them for $70 - same high quality fakes......
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:08:39 PM EDT
no way.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:22:13 PM EDT
Get one of the Ruskie made mechanical watches instead. About the same price and not a fake.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:22:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raf:
Never fake anything. You may fool some peoople, but you are always dishonoring them and yourself in the process.

You've never faked an Orgasm?????
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:27:07 PM EDT
I used to date a gal that worked at one of the top Rolex dealers in North America and even she said she thought that Rolex watches were one of the biggest marketing shams ever , as Rolex watches don't keep time well, they need servicing regularly ($200 each time), and are ugly as sin. The only reason people buy them was to show off their wealth or look wealthy even though they weren't.

Seems like a lot of people are saying you'd be a poser to buy a fake Rolex. Now i'm not advocating knock off jewelry but just out of curiosity, how many of these people own a gun with a fake silencer, HK clone, or wear cammo to the range?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:44:03 PM EDT
An immitation Rolex is to watch snobs what Airsoft is to guns snobs.

Get it. Who f'ing cares what anyone thinks. Most guys probably couldn't tell by looking if it's a halfway decent replica. If it tells time you're one step ahead.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:45:43 PM EDT
Brings back memories from my deployment to Kuwait.

Went to Kuwait City with a bunch of folks and hit the market.

I remember one guy asked a watch pedler if he had any Rolexes...

"You want Rolex?" and out comes a cigar box, from the back of the counter filled with $20 Rolex watches... We were asured that these were the genuine article...
One of my buddies bought one and it lasted two weeks....you get what you pay for.

Why spend a gazillion dollars on a watch?

I have a Timex... Costs $30 and does what I need it to do...

I would much spend the money on a new toy...like a new gun or an insanely expensive camera lens...

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:46:37 PM EDT
here U go but this one no batteries or winding and have price to boot.$225
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:49:07 PM EDT
lol everyone is yelling posers on a gun web site where 90% of the people here have some type of poser military rifle that is a knock off of the original???? come on guys think about it before you pipe off!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:55:43 PM EDT
You guys are saying you'd rather spend 5 grand on the real thing? I can think of several transferables I'd rather have for the same price. I have a batman watch I got at the PX for 12 bucks. Been running for over 2 years. Never tried to swim with it though.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:06:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DienBienPhu54:

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
Poseur

I think it would look nice with a SEAL ball cap and shirt

www.navystuff.com/osc/eshop/images/seal1.jpg

Only if it is a SEAL TEAM 6 shirt.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:09:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AROKIE:
lol everyone is yelling posers on a gun web site where 90% of the people here have some type of poser military rifle that is a knock off of the original???? come on guys think about it before you pipe off!!

Whew. I'm glad I don't have an MForgery.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:10:20 PM EDT

A rolex = metrosexual

Ummm no. Not really.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:22:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

A rolex = metrosexual

Ummm no. Not really.

if you say so....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2005 1:32:55 PM EDT by niceguymr]
I have been a Rolex owner for about 20 years, and having them on my wrist that long makes me a pretty good judge on spotting fakes. A guy I knew had the exact replica of a Rolex that I have (Yachtmaster). It even had the 'sweeping' second hand unlike many fakes out there. Upon visual inspection on the guys wrist, I almost couldn't tell it was fake. Honestly, if I hadn't taken an extreme closeup look at it, I would have never assumed it was fake. Even the color of the metal used was nearly identical to the platinum on the dial and bezel of mine. It was REALLY that good of a copy. He paid about $50 on Canal Street in NYC. The day after he first showed it to me, the crown had fallen off and was lost. Needless to say, it no longer looked like a good fake. I've heard of some people buying them and they'll last for a couple of years, and some for only a few months. They don't have the scratch resistance and durability of the real thing, but they'll get you by. Usually, the really good fakes are hard to come by though. Also, if someone ever asks you to take it off so they can see it, they will immediately know it's fake because of how little they weigh. A real rolex is pretty heavy in comparison to the fakes.

I hear of women getting together and having little 'parties' wear someone brings a bunch of copycat items like watches, jewelry, purses, clothes, etc. and they usually fetch about $100 to $150 for a good quality replica watch, however like I said earlier, you can get them for around $50 if you go right to the source (places like Canal Street in NYC).
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:32:39 PM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top