Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:28:31 AM EDT
My dad, dad's new wife, sister, me and my wife all went to visit my brother at college for his 20th birthday yesterday. Dad had called him the day before and said that we'd be there at 3PM, was that okay? Brother says yes. We take 2 seperate cars (it's about an hour drive to his school) for the drive down. We try to call him on his phone to let him know we are there. Get inside the dorm and pound on his door. No answer. Fellow dormies say they haven't seen him in awhile. Dad is steaming pissed.

About 10 minutes later my brother calls and says that he is back in town (where we just came from) because he was dropping his g-friend off. My dad absolutely lost it. Told my brother that he had stabbed him in the back one too many times, and that he could "F Off." Mind you, my dad just got re-married about a month ago, and we had to drag my brother out of bed at 1PM so he could make it for pictures. My dad pays for my brother's car (2005), tuition, room, etc. etc.

I don't get it. I couldn't even have fathomed doing that to my dad. My dad works pretty much 7 days a week, about 10-12 hrs. a day to support himself and the kids. I told my dad he should either tell my brother he is paying for his own car and school, or he could join the Marines.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Of course I'd be pissed, then I'd demand my gas money back
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I did the only thing I could think of, threw his card away and returned his gift - bought a Vltor extension tube w/ the $.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Ummm pissed wouldn't begin to describe it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep. You can be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I agree. I would also have beat him up since you are with in your rights as a brother to kick his ass when ever convinient.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I did the only thing I could think of, threw his card away and returned his gift - bought a Vltor extension tube w/ the $.

ROFLMAO!!  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I think your brother is just young and stupid.  He probably thought he would be able to drop his girlfriend off and be back in plenty of time.  Of course, she may have had other plans.  Sometimes things take a little longer than we thought.  In any case, you have every right to as he's your brother.  Your dad also has a right to demand gas money back, plus a little something for his time.  If all else fails, cut him off.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think your brother is just young and stupid.  He probably thought he would be able to drop his girlfriend off and be back in plenty of time.  Of course, she may have had other plans.  Sometimes things take a little longer than we thought.  In any case, you have every right to as he's your brother.  Your dad also has a right to demand gas money back, plus a little something for his time.  If all else fails, cut him off.  MJD

It's been more than this - he has promised to be places, but does not show up until 2 or 3 hours after. ie; Christmas at my aunt's. Perhaps I'm old school, you just don't fuck over your family like that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'd put money on that being the case, having done it myself many times.
However - you can still be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's been more than this - he has promised to be places, but does not show up until 2 or 3 hours after. ie; Christmas at my aunt's. Perhaps I'm old school, you just don't fuck over your family like that.

Sounds like he has no concept of being on time or keeping his word.  I do believe he deserves an asskicking for that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top