Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 6:25:25 PM EDT
Hey there brothers-in-arms.. here is a friendly word to the wise from someone who cares...

first a little intro.. I am in the AF, currently at speicher.. I am an Air Transporter.. that is, the guy you go through when you hop on a plane... well, 90% of the time at least.
We handle cargo, baggage and passengers, along with many other things... basically, we put you and your shit on a plane... or we dont.. if you catch my drift.

A 2T2 (part of our AFSC) can be quite the vicious bastard when annoyed.. so please, if the plane is late or diverts.. it wasn't our fault, it was the pansy in the cock-pit that was afraid of a little wind and dust.. if you get on our assess, or make it a point to constantly annoy and piss us off... you might accidently get left off the list to catch a flight.. or worse, your shit might accidently get shipped to moscow...

However... we can also hook you up big time, a you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours thing. And we are absolutely more than happy to help you out.

If you have someone who has a lost bag through shipping in, get ahold of your local air trans guys, usually we operate out of what we call ATOC, or JAMOC... there has been a huge problem with loosing bags this go around, i know,  one of our team members lost one, took him a month to get it back, and that was relatively fast... which brings me to another point.. MARK YOUR BAGS.. also make sure you have a set of orders in each bag, thats how we know where to send it.. generally we look through a lost bag to find ANYTHING we can use to find the original owners.. but sometimes we get bags with absolutly no name, address, markings or anything of use.. as you can imagine, those end up being pilfered.. cant send someone's bag back if we have no clue who it is right?

so...
be nice to the Porters..
and PLEASE, for your sake, mark your bag... loosing your stuff sucks.

take it easy guys
Crash
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Ain air farce type dude with the name Crash.  Aint that a sight
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be bringing a company later this year; can you make to have enough taxi's for us.  

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ain air farce type dude with the name Crash.  Aint that a sighthr

good thing im not a pilot eh?

LOL orion, your company could request it, esp. if you have enough vehicles/gear going with you.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I always get a laugh outa some of the porters when on airborne ops.  yall always look soo busy wandering around talking on your headset or something.  alot of the guys in your field are intensely overweight as well so work on that.

I live right off of elmendorf afb in anchorage up here and we always love/hate your step into the blue boys.  its fun to have the army shitting down our backs as the air force is scratching yours.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd much rather have you gusy handle my gear.  Last trip out I flew Royal Jordanian out of the BIAP.  This was no leave trip home with just a carry-on, this was going home with complete gear.  An experience I care not to repeat!  Everything got home with me but I had to hand out some greenbacks a few times.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had the chance to try both worlds, first deployment, my team stashed all our gear into an ISU-90 and shipped it home with the cargo and other stuff... it ended up stuck at McChord for a few days and got thrashed in rain.. I've also done the Deid and rotators... what a PITA! Dragging bags all over sucks.. thank goodness for the GTC to handle over baggage!

Hey Nick, I think you might be thinking of the load masters or air crew.. those are the guys with the headset and flight suit.. the Porters are generally just the ground crew working the passenger center, and the cargo prep/JI/loading... but some of us are pretty hefty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top