Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 7:44:25 PM EDT
I ave visions of this:

Tonight we're answering an email from Francis in Seattle and he wants  to know about Napalm and when it was first used.

(Film of a WW2Corsair delivering it in background)

R.Lee, Big grin, face lighting up like a Christmas tree: "Back in WW2 Dow Chemical  developed napalm and sent it straight to the Pacific for field testing in '43. This jellied gasoline can of whoopass was an immediate success. Why, the first year it was out, we managed to fry over 36 thousand of the (racial slur here)little bastards!"

He's funny enough now, but I wonder!

The show would totally outrage the Hollywierd PC crowd, and probably be a lot more popular than it is already!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have noticed they allow him a few "damn", "ass", and "hell"  each show.

Gives it a bit of authenticity, I guess.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It would have a lot of beeps in it too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#3]
The one gripe I have with Mail Call is it's far too Ameri-centric. If the question came from a time period that the US was around, then it's the US that will be focused on, regardless of who really invented the thing or made the best use of it. I realise it's a focus of audience, but still a slight slap on history

NTM
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The one gripe I have with Mail Call is it's far too Ameri-centric. If the question came from a time period that the US was around, then it's the US that will be focused on, regardless of who really invented the thing or made the best use of it. I realise it's a focus of audience, but still a slight slap on history

NTM

Welcome to ALL History Channel programming.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:10:55 AM EDT
[#5]
He didn't come up with his lines from 'Full Metal Jacket' by himself. They are almost straight out of the book.  

Not to take anything away from him, he's a righteous dude, and his delivery of said lines was very good.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He didn't come up with his lines from 'Full Metal Jacket' by himself. They are almost straight out of the book.  

Not to take anything away from him, he's a righteous dude, and his delivery of said lines was very good.

The Short Timers  by Helmut Gustav .

yeah, a lot came from the book, but a lot was his. He and Kubrick worked a lot out together.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
If he wrote the show it would be live from Fallujah everyday, and he just be shotting the whole time
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to love him, but I lost all respect for him when he kissed that guy.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#9]
A couple of weeks ago there was a hot link to a website that featured R.Lees voice in FMJ doing the lines that made him a star.I lost it. anybody know or have it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, they have to restrain the 'ol Gunny.   A guy on the car forum I get on got some pictures with Gunny Ermey at a car show.  He was there with a few Marines and a nice Hummer promoting the Corps and the show.  

Well, the guy from the forum told him about our little tradition, taking pictures of us flipping the bird, and tried to get Gunny to take a picture with him flipping the bird.  He had to turn the guy down.  Had to be a bit restrained, but I understand.

Gunny Ermey kicks ass!  ROCK ON, SEMPER FI, carry on!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#12]
He's probably like his character in Saving Silverman in real life
just kidding
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's another one
FMJ

Brian
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top