Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2002 3:12:34 PM EDT
Why dose everybody require a signed copy of the persons ffl before they will ship to that ffl?
My understanding is a private party can ship to a ffl as long as the address of the ffl matches the license.
Is there some requirement that a private party has to have a copy of the license?
my understanding is no.
how do other see it?
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why dose everybody require a signed copy of the persons ffl before they will ship to that ffl?
My understanding is a private party can ship to a ffl as long as the address of the ffl matches the license.
Is there some requirement that a private party has to have a copy of the license?
my understanding is no.
how do other see it?
View Quote

Cover Your Ass.
I don't know if it's the law or not (I'm just a measly C&R licensee), but you can bet that I'd require it if I had to transfer a gun to somebody else outside of my own state.
These aren't exactly friendly times for Joe Gunowner.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree about covering your ass and thats what makes me wounder why so many of these ffl sheets are floting around to a private party.
if you have the persons ffl # you can check the status and the address of that ffl before you ship.
If there is a law for a private party to have to have the ffl lic. before shipping would somebody chime in and let us all know.
thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Some places want to see the FFL before they will ship it. The post office has asked me before and UPS did every time. It's better to have it and not need it, unless you just want the people to keep your money until they can figure out a way to get it shipped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top