Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:57:12 PM EDT
damnit, it is making me angry!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Lighten up Francis, they are just optics.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
why else? feed the posers...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
airsoft

it pisses me off tho wade though 4 pages of Leupold M3s and ACOGs and only find 1 or 2 real ones
Yeah you  can search by highest price first  but im looking fo absolute auctions and misspelled stuff to try to swoop on a deal as if i want a Leupold or a ACOG  for noraml Ebay price ill just order one at work
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Uhhh cuz people are tired of spending a small fortune on optics for their range guns?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Uhhh cuz people are tired of spending a small fortune on optics for their range guns?

you are better off with irons than a shitbag optic
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
im tired of foreign company's putting americans out of buisness because they will work for meager wages!

i for one vow to pay for AMERICAN QUALITY
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
im tired of foreign company's putting americans out of buisness because they will work for meager wages!

yep

I do own 1 nikon though

are EoTechs american made ?

i never really looked
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah eotech is american made
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

I do own 1 nikon though

i never really looked

Yep, made in Ann Arbor Michigan.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

I do own 1 nikon though

i never really looked

dunno, but ACOGs aren't.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't have anything against SImmons, Tasco, or even Leepers (sp?) or BSA for that matter. If you WANT a cheap scope, GO BUY a cheap scope. I have a couple of cheap scopes on the backs of a .22 and an old 30-30. They do all that I ask them too...

But I don't feel like I have to wear a FOLEX watch and I don't have to try to impress range groupies either.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

I do own 1 nikon though

i never really looked

dunno, but ACOGs aren't.

Neither are Aimpoints.

I know aimpoints are  Swedish  but where are ACOGs built?

I do;'t have a huge problem with Euro optics and japan is OK but the China Tawian  Phillipines stuff annoys me
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Because CRAP sells.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#15]
there are some quality aimpoint clones out there, just ask the dozens of board members that are more than pleased with them for what they are best suited for, range guns. If you feel the need to rag on someone because of that decision, you are a dick and no one likes you
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
there are some quality aimpoint clones out there, just ask the dozens of board members that are more than pleased with them for what they are best suited for, range guns. If you feel the need to rag on someone because of that decision, you are a dick and no one likes you

+1
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#17]
C'mon!! $1000 or more for a device to just to look at something a few hundred yards away???

I could use these eyes to see that far!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to go with profit motive...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#20]
While I like cheap range-only gear as much as the next guy, I won't buy anything that is a rip-off of something else.  Ask Garryowen or any of the other guys from Cavalry about the cheap Chinese copy of their carry-handle rail that Pro-Mag is selling... (if I remember the story right.)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Buying a clone is like riding a bike, its cool until your friends see you doing it
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

I do own 1 nikon though

i never really looked

dunno, but ACOGs aren't.

Trijicon is in Wixom, Michigan.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
damnit, it is making me angry!

Why should it matter to you one bit? How does it affect you enough to make you angry?

Don't like them? Don't buy one.

Don't like that people are selling them? Ignore those threads.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll add also, that I own a Tacpoint, and enjoy it. It's holding up very well, thanks.

I didn't buy it for cool factor - it happens to be the only affordable 30mm red dot that would fit the ARMS mount I own. Simple as that. If it looks like an Aimpoint, all the better but it's not to impress anyone. Who would it impress anyway?

None of us with cheapo optics are marching around thinking what we have is the real deal, we know we have a lesser optic for range play. How that's posing, I don't know, but I resent the idea that if you don't have $800 to drop on a scope for your plinker you're ghey. Ghey is obsessing over fashion, and that's what about 80% of this site is concerned with - how their shit looks.

At least my gun gets used, and used hard. Some of the Acogs & Aimpoints I've seen on this board are attached to guns that have never seen the outside of a safe except for "show and tell picture day", which is POSING if I've ever seen it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Someone who spends $35 on an optic was NEVER going to spent $400 on one in the first place. I doubt its hurting business that much.

I prefer Irons myself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ghey is obsessing over fashion, and that's what about 80% of this site is concerned with - how their shit looks.

that seems to be the case around here

take a look at any of the picture threads, what a bunch of super-duper clean rifles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top