Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2005 9:55:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 9:57:33 AM EDT by ljolly]
Hypothetical: a man and a woman share a mutual adult relationship, with no strings attached. She wants to start getting kinky and try some toys. Who bears the burden of buying the toys, he or she?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:10:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ljolly:
Hypothetical: a man and a woman share a mutual adult relationship, with no strings attached. She wants to start getting kinky and try some toys. Who bears the burden of buying the toys, he or she?

Why did you put that in there? What difference does it make?

anyway....BOTH! And it's not a burden, if you feel it is, you're not cut out for that kind of stuff.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:18:26 AM EDT
Taker her shopping so you can both discuss what you want to try. And I would pick up the tab.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:19:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By daisywench:

anyway....BOTH! And it's not a burden, if you feel it is, you're not cut out for that kind of stuff.

Good advice Daisy. I'm a little nieve but do they really attach strings to the toys? Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:20:48 AM EDT

If it's a burden, you have more issues than who buys what.......

Hypothetical: What if you actually had a genuine healthy relationship?

Nah, that's too far fetched.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:24:12 AM EDT
Either you are BARELY an adult and are a little embarrassed by this turn of events OR you really put your question badly.

My advice Both of you go shopping and you pay the tab.

Now if you find out that she has been wearing out batteries while telling you that she has a headache...well get back to us when that happens.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:24:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pattymcn:

Good advice Daisy. I'm a little nieve but do they really attach strings to the toys? Patty

That way if it gets lost you can always track it down and pull it out.

Safety lanyard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:25:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 10:25:39 AM EDT by daisywench]

I have one with a battery cord attached to it. Does that count?

I've been trying to find an extension cord for it. Home Depot has not been helpful so far...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:26:21 AM EDT

I've been trying to find an extension cord for it. Home Depot has not been helpful so far...

I saw one with a wireless remote control a while back, that had interesting possibilities I think.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:27:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TexasSIG:

I saw one with a wireless remote control a while back, that had interesting possibilities I think.

Yeah, got one of those too. But sometimes the nostalgia thing hits, and the wired one fits the bill.

I don't need a long extension cord. Just long enough to get to work. It's only 41 miles.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:28:35 AM EDT

Make sure that the extension cord can handle the amperage. Those really large motors draw alot of power, and as undersize cord is a fire hazard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:40:56 AM EDT
Daisy was that you that was asking about the generator?

Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:41:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 10:43:14 AM EDT by ljolly]
I put that in there because this is nothing more than a physical relationship every now and then, and they both are free to see other people, no commitment to each other.

And who ever said this was about me, it's a friend of a friend of a friend....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:44:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 10:46:12 AM EDT by pattymcn]

Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

Make sure that the extension cord can handle the amperage. Those really large motors draw alot of power, and as undersize cord is a fire hazard.

Boy that would be embarrassing. I can just see the fire chief snickering about that. "Yes, this is a classic case of too much vibrator for the extension cord. I see it all of the time."

Patty

Did you google for proper etiquette? I'm sure Heloise or Emily would be loads of help. http://www.career.fsu.edu/ccis/guides/etiquette.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:52:07 AM EDT

I put that in there because this is nothing more than a physical relationship every now and then, and they both are free to see other people, no commitment to each other.

And who ever said this was about me, it's a friend of a friend of a friend....

Hmm...so, it's your "friend's" F*ck Buddy?

And, IMO, anytime there's sex involved, there's a commitment. Go ahead and deny it all you want, though. YMMV.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:55:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:02:13 AM EDT
both or whoever really wants to try it
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:18:37 AM EDT
This, by far, has been the most amusing thread I have ever read here...

And I ain't commenting further or it'll be locked by dinner for sure.............
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:24:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:
This, by far, has been the most amusing thread I have ever read here...

And I ain't commenting further or it'll be locked by dinner for sure.............

My 4 favorite stores, Fredricks, Victoria Secret, Adult Store and Guns R' Us.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:29:19 AM EDT
I have no shame.

I went and bought one that you can use as a baseball bat (looked like a babys arm holding an apple) on a dare. They group I was with didn't think I would do it. You don't go into sex toy shops for eggs and milk.

Well, one of the girls took it and it was never seen again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:45:16 AM EDT
Never been to an adult store, always wanted to check one out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:45:32 AM EDT
Umm yeah. OK.

And now on to the question. If it's not a serious relationship, then I say SHE buys, since it was her brain child and she'll most likely be taking her little toys along with her when she eventually moves on.

And ROFL- Daisy. Good luck with them power cords.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:47:05 AM EDT
Oh, and if you travel with your toys. Take the batteries out before you check your bags at the airport.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:51:54 AM EDT
I can't believe no one has said it yet.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:16:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SP1Grrl:

Wow, youyour friend should be happy she wants to try something new. If I was with a guy that thought that to be a burden, I'd drop youyour friend.

fixed it!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 6:24:44 PM EDT by drache]
Hell, I'll buy whatever toys make her happy.
As long as they aren't replacing me that is.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:52:28 PM EDT
Good grief! Why don't you get a jar and every time one of you is late for a date, cracks prematurely, or fiddles when you should faddle, you put a dollar in the jar and once your jar is full you go toy shopping.

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:37:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 3:39:00 AM EDT by PlaymoreMinds]

Originally Posted By Persephone:
Good grief! Why don't you get a jar and every time one of you is late for a date, cracks prematurely, or fiddles when you should faddle, you put a dollar in the jar and once your jar is full you go toy shopping.

Problem solved.

I noticed Perse was the last poster in this and I only peeked in to read her wisdom...once again...finding it profound---and damn funny.

ETA: there are cracks that are NOT premature???I mean...as in...well-timed? If so...they are rare...very rare...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:55:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 4:15:37 AM EDT by Hokie]

Since it apparantly won't involve a gasoline motor with a rip cord (boring),

have her get the toys......and you go get the batteries!

Be careful though, before you know it you'll be shopping for midgets, goats, leather face masks, 5-gallon tubs of Crisco, and those large strings of balls tied together in sequence (not sure what those are used for).
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:28:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hokie:

Since it apparantly won't involve a gasoline motor with a rip cord (boring),

have her get the toys......and you go get the batteries!

Be careful though, before you know it you'll be shopping for midgets, goats, leather face masks, 5-gallon tubs of Crisco, and those large strings of balls tied together in sequence (not sure what those are used for).

hmmm...can that be twisted into a sig line......why YES! Yes it can!
Yes...yes...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:38:47 AM EDT

It was always a dream of mine to make it to someone's sig-line! Never thought it'd be my political stance on sex toys!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:50:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:03:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 11:03:58 AM EDT by ljolly]

Originally Posted By LaBelleRebel:
Umm yeah. OK.

And now on to the question. If it's not a serious relationship, then I say SHE buys, since it was her brain child and she'll most likely be taking her little toys along with her when she eventually moves on.

My friend says that was exactly what his cousin's friend was thinking....
(especially because the girl did not just want some relatively cheap battery powered pocket rocket or butterfly, but a custom hand blown solid glass curved toy for almost $200)

Problem solved.

But my cousin's friend of a friend likes this suggestion the best, so I will tell him to read this thread.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:32:17 AM EDT

Problem solved.

But my cousin's friend of a friend likes this suggestion the best, so I will tell him to read this thread.

Ah hell...if your "friend" <cough> is so dang cheap...buy a tin of Altoids and simply pop them <censored by Tipper Gore>

WTH!!!
I hate her.........
Top Top