[#1]
She's a beauty!!!nice color....
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 2:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I love this thing!!

home.comcast.net/~way2fastvette/af1sig.jpg

Nice looking Ape/Gorilla/Priller
Come to www.apriliaforum.com and join the family!  

I've got an SL1000R Falco.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#3]
sweetness! I thought looooong and hard about one of these (a black one) but after my experiences with my SB8R, I know that owning an Italian bike as your only ride is an excersize in frustration. So, I bought a GSXR1000K5 with the idea that I'd get the RSV450 when it comes out.

...but then, that new Triumph 675 looks damn tasty!

Really, my motorcycle wet-dream is a custom carbon frame wrapped around an SXV450 or 550 engine. If I couldn't make the frame work (I dabble in carbon composites) then I'd just drop it in a 125GP racer. Hell, if a 450 single will fit.....

Dave
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the replies guys...   Im already on the apriliaforum.com Vtwin60...  I actually dig the Falco a lot and was considering one till this RSV came up so cheap...

Unfortunately though I just got the bike registered last week and was headed to inspection when some duntz cut out of a parking lot and forced me to low side!
Now the bikes a big mess   :-/
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70277
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#5]
But you had it insured right?  Man, if that was an R6 instead of an aprilia, you would've been fine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
sweetness! I thought looooong and hard about one of these (a black one) but after my experiences with my SB8R, I know that owning an Italian bike as your only ride is an excersize in frustration. So, I bought a GSXR1000K5 with the idea that I'd get the RSV450 when it comes out.

...but then, that new Triumph 675 looks damn tasty!

Dave

Then you made the wrong choice, an Aprilia has all the styling of Italy with the robustness and durability of Germania, the motor is Rotax built.  The common saying is that Aprilia's are the Italian Japanese bikes of Europe.  Nothing against the Jiggy, we're all well aware of the perfomance on them, but nothing beats the sound of a 60 deg 998cc V twin thumping and pounding.

I think with what I've read on the 450 it is only being offered in their super motard bikes along with the 550 twin as of now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies guys...   Im already on the apriliaforum.com Vtwin60...  I actually dig the Falco a lot and was considering one till this RSV came up so cheap...

Unfortunately though I just got the bike registered last week and was headed to inspection when some duntz cut out of a parking lot and forced me to low side!
Now the bikes a big mess   :-/
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70277

Wow that sucks ass.  I know the feeling though, I crash my bike last year on the very first clear day after winter......broken arm and awaiting parts for the next 4 months kept me off of it for awhile.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
But you had it insured right?  Man, if that was an R6 instead of an aprilia, you would've been fine.

You're joking right?  You know that the injected rigid frame on the R6 is about as fragile as a dixie cup right?  Its great for racing as it offers all the strength, feedback, and agility , but if you drop them in the parking lot you have a good chance of bending the frame.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 1:34:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Well let's hope that's not the case, cause i've dropped mine twice in the parking lot.  Still runs strong though, so I guess it made it through okay?  Anyway, I was poking at him cause I know him from another forum, not because I seriously thought the R6 was better (which I still do, but that's another thread entirely)
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think with what I've read on the 450 it is only being offered in their super motard bikes along with the 550 twin as of now.

It's been strongly hinted at that the motor would be slotted into an RS250 frame with updated (hopefully current Mille-style bodywork) fairings. I'm hoping.....

Don't know if there's enough market in the US for them to bother EPA cert'ing it though... The SV650 is a damn nice bike and few would see spending a few thousand dollars more for "less" bike, if you will...

Dave
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's been strongly hinted at that the motor would be slotted into an RS250 frame with updated (hopefully current Mille-style bodywork) fairings. I'm hoping.....

Don't know if there's enough market in the US for them to bother EPA cert'ing it though... The SV650 is a damn nice bike and few would see spending a few thousand dollars more for "less" bike, if you will...

Dave

Yeah over at the the Aprilia forums people are hitting up the marketing dept almost daily suggesting that they do so.  Another little pocket Vtwin would kick ass.

As for the R6 being better than an Aprilia Mille, ha HA HA!  Thanks for the laugh, I appreciate it.  R6 is a nice squidwardly bike, but I've read enough posts of other owners who have dropped their R6 and have cracked or tweaked their frames.  For a 600 streetbike the Kawasaki ZX-6 (636) or new Triumph 675 make much better sense.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#12]
How bout some more pics and info for those of us who can't tell what we're looking at but love bikes.

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How bout some more pics and info for those of us who can't tell what we're looking at but love bikes.

Its a 1968 Harley Davidson Sprint 250.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave

Yeah over at the the Aprilia forums people are hitting up the marketing dept almost daily suggesting that they do so.  Another little pocket Vtwin would kick ass.

As for the R6 being better than an Aprilia Mille, ha HA HA!  Thanks for the laugh, I appreciate it.  R6 is a nice squidwardly bike, but I've read enough posts of other owners who have dropped their R6 and have cracked or tweaked their frames.  For a 600 streetbike the Kawasaki ZX-6 (636) or new Triumph 675 make much better sense.

Well then I'd love to see them.  You wanna talk about squidly?  Go get a Suzuki.  Who keeps dominating the MotoGP race courses?  That'd be Yamaha?  Whose 600 is going to rock the AMA world?  Again, that'd be Yamaha.  I've been a member of an R6 forum for a LONG time now and haven't seen many cracked frame posts.  From the ones I have seen, they've been from serious crashes that would destroy any bike.  For fit and finish, it doesn't get much better than Yamaha, and that's a fact.

As for an R6 being better than an Aprilia Mille, I was half joking.  It's really comparing apples and oranges, but if you want to get serious, yes, it'll out handle the Mille.  600 bikes have that flickability that comes with riding something that size.  As for power, well of course not, it'll never be faster than a liter bike.  But what about servicing?  You'll spend half as much servicing the R6 as you will on the Mille, if you can find a dealership to work on it.

But it's a damn cool bike, don't get me wrong.  If you've got the money, get one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#15]
You've obviously never ridden a high performance Vtwin.  The handling is completely different, thats what makes them such excellent track bikes even with 30 hp deficit in the WSBK as Ducati has proven time and time again.  The Mille is not much larger than the R6 btw.  The AMA is complete joke btw, its only factory Suzuki vs Honda or Yamaha vs Kawasaki or any mix match of the four.  Moto GP is much better although completely unrelated to any street machines.

As for fit and finish thats subjective, I've owned plenty of Yamahas in the past and I can say they are my favority of the Japanese bikes.  Do yourself a favor and take a good look at an Aprilia up close.  For the servicing, who needs to have servicing done by the dealership?  I've been riding and racing bikes for 20 years and the Aprilia's Rotax powerplant is bar none the easiest machine to complete any scheduled maintenance on.

The R6 especially the new one 17.5K (wow!) is an absolute screamer, its just hard for me to be too excited over any of the cookie cutter bikes anymore.

02 Aprilia SL1000R
De-restricted
RSC Chip & Exhaust
41T Sprocket

and my bone stock R12GS (and on track days I can run around 3/4 of the squid field on their Jiggy 1k's)

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't exactly see how AMA is a joke.  You take factory bikes and race them to see which is fastest.  How is that any different from the other races?  As for servicing, not everyone has raced for 20 years, blah blah blah, and can't do their own maintenance.  Replacement parts for those bikes will cost you a small fortune alone.  

Again, I'll say that comparing a 600 to a liter bike is apples and oranges.  But as for the SL 1000R having the same handling characteristics, that's just ludicrous.  That bike weights almost 500 lbs (495 wet according to motorcyclist online).  That's a big difference and you better believe flicking that much weight isn't going to be as easy.

Just because the bike comes from Japan doesn't make it squidly/ugly/trash or whatever.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I don't exactly see how AMA is a joke.  You take factory bikes and race them to see which is fastest.  How is that any different from the other races?  As for servicing, not everyone has raced for 20 years, blah blah blah, and can't do their own maintenance.  Replacement parts for those bikes will cost you a small fortune alone.  

Again, I'll say that comparing a 600 to a liter bike is apples and oranges.  But as for the SL 1000R having the same handling characteristics, that's just ludicrous.  That bike weights almost 500 lbs (495 wet according to motorcyclist online).  That's a big difference and you better believe flicking that much weight isn't going to be as easy.

Just because the bike comes from Japan doesn't make it squidly/ugly/trash or whatever.

1.) The AMA is a joke because they don't race all 4 of the factory bikes against eachother.  They divide them up so its always a 2 v 2 show ie supersport  (Yamaha vs Kawasaki) and formula extreme (Honda vs Suzuki).  OBTW You are aware that the Kawasaki's finished 1&2 in the super sport with DiSalvo on the R6 finishing 3rd right?  And Duhammel and Zemeke on Honda 600RR's beat out Eslick on the GSXR?

2.) Motorcycle maintenance is something every rider should do and learn.  Its a machine and a passion, like a firearm, not a kitchen appliance.  You're right though, the parts are a pain in the ass and its expensive.

3.) I was comparing the Mille to your bike.  As for handling, once again I implore you to ride a high performance vtwin before you make any such accusations, the balance is completely different than an I4, eg; the center of rotating mass is nullified in a twin,  the CG  is lower, the frame is much narrower, and balance of the mass/frame is separated (distributed)much much differently.

I'd let you ride my bike, but the SL1000R has a long ass wheelbase (designed for sport touring)and while it performs admirably, its no Mille.  Seriously try like hell to test ride a Ducati 748 (shitty motor but handles like a razor) or an Aprilia Mille, you will be awestruck by the handling of them.  TRUST ME!

As for Japanese bikes, no I don't think of them as crap, obviously they are the fastest bikes on the tracks with a competent rider aboard.  I still like my dirtbikes to be Japanese and my favorites as I've said before are the Yamahas.  In this case my YZ450F.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 5:44:13 AM EDT
[#18]
If Aprilias aren't cracking frames, that just means they aren't moving fast enough to do any damage!

As much as I like the Mille, I'd put an R6 against one on the track any day of the week. There's nothing wrong with the R6 with regards to being "squidly". It's one hell of a fucking motorcycle, it just happens to not be expensive enough to keep punks from not mortgaging themselves to the hilt and wadding it up into a ball of foil.

Dave
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I highsided my bike at 63mph coming off a sweeping right hander, bounced across the median and into oncoming traffic, the pictures above are post crash.  I'd put a Mille and R6 up against eachother with one equal rider and then I'd bet you your life's saving against mine, on the Mille.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Looking at the lap times from Master Bike, the R6 is one second off of the lap time of the Mille R. One second against a Homologation-Special with a "Factory Accessory" exhaust and injection ECU. What do you want to bet that an R6 with an Ohlins fork and shock, pipe and chip and a set of Marchesini's would have done?

For twice the price, the "R" model should be faster than a mass produced 600. I'll still put my money on a stock R6 being faster than a standard Mille-Especially so off the racetrack. You know, I got started on 2 strokes, then moved to 4 strokes. Then twins became "in fasion", so I got one of  them. A twin isn't "better", it's just "Different". I found that I don't prefer them. Having ridden every one on the market but the 999 series Ducs, The twins I have ridden have a CG that makes the bikes top-heavy, and conservative steering numbers that fight a quick turn in. This doesn't take power into account. True, twins traditionally have more mid-range, get you out of a corner power, but that's not really the case anymore. Bike makers have been filling the mid-range of power band lately on a lot of sport bikes rather than just pushing them up. I don't have numbers on hand for my 163hp GSXR1000K5, but my R1 made 134.8hp with 80% of it's peak torque available from 4,000rpm on up.

Twins are cool, and they were a solution to a problem in the early 90's-but times change. Suspension has improved to where the firing order of 4 cylinder bikes isn't the traction issue it was, and twins were/are a lot closer to their design potential than the 4 cylinder bikes. Witness MotoGP.... There aren't any twins there. In WSB, they called it the Ducati cup for a long time because nobody gave a shit anymore-the racing budgets were better spent on events that mattered. Show me where a Twin is reliably competitive outside of WSB?

Sorry Bro.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Twins are cool, and they were a solution to a problem in the early 90's-but times change. Suspension has improved to where the firing order of 4 cylinder bikes isn't the traction issue it was, and twins were/are a lot closer to their design potential than the 4 cylinder bikes. Witness MotoGP.... There aren't any twins there. In WSB, they called it the Ducati cup for a long time because nobody gave a shit anymore-the racing budgets were better spent on events that mattered. Show me where a Twin is reliably competitive outside of WSB?

Sorry Bro.

Witnessing moto GP....AND....AND ..show me a straight 4? V designed motors rule the roost in the GP  but we were talking about street bikes not GP.  As for the WSBK aka Ducati Cup you may need to read further why the Japs pulled out, hint the excuse was tires, but the fact was even before the Michelin Perelli war the Ducs walked all over the factory bikes.....NEXT!  The Mille R is the standard Mille.  Your play.

PS 1 second?  Do realise just how much of difference one complete second is around a lap?  I suspect you haven't had much experience yourself to disregard this so lightly.  Which track was this anyways?  
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Witnessing moto GP....AND....AND ..show me a straight 4? V designed motors rule the roost in the GP  but we were talking about street bikes not GP.  As for the WSBK aka Ducati Cup you may need to read further why the Japs pulled out, hint the excuse was tires, but the fact was even before the Michelin Perelli war the Ducs walked all over the factory bikes.....NEXT!  The Mille R is the standard Mille.  Your play.

PS 1 second?  Do realise just how much of difference one complete second is around a lap?  I suspect you haven't had much experience yourself to disregard this so lightly.  Which track was this anyways?  

Look Dude, I don't want to get in a tit-for-tat with you.. The statements you made were about TWINS, not V-fours, or V-Fives. Those motors are shorter, lighter, have less flywheel mass, and they are being used instead of V-twins for those reasons in addition to having better power potential due to better breathing ability/volumetric efficiency. Ducati (outside of MotoGP) is staying with V-twins because it's part of their history and company culture. They know that they are at the end of the line, something Honda figured out with the RC51. In order to get more power out of the motors, they had to spin them faster. Piston speeds on a long stroke twin are awfully high-without spinning faster they are pretty much stuck. I'll give Ducati their due in that they were better at their game than the Japanese factories in the late 90's and early 00's, but look at the difference in power output gain over that period from the Asian bikes to the Italian bikes... Why do you think that Ducati is selling a 130 (on a good day)hp bike while the Japanese are able to deliver 155 to 162 from the same engine size? It's because if they did, customers would be coming back with broken cases and cranks after 3,000 miles just like a V-twin race bike would without overhaul.

My apologies with regard to mistaking the Mille "R" with the Mille "R" Factory. It was the "Factory"'s lap time I quoted(french track, I assume Paul Richard/Bol D'or). I do know what a second per lap is worth in a race, and I know what adding top drawer suspension to any motorcycle will do to lap times. That said, if you swapped out suspension, wheels, pipe and ecu with the Mille "R" Factory, the R6 would wipe it's ass with the Mille's time. Shit, I've seen 600 supersports lap faster than 1000cc FX bikes, and I know a Mille won't outrun one of them.

Do you live close to Ohio? I'm planning another Mid-Ohio track day this summer, it would be cool if you could come show me how fast a twin can be. I just have a hard time believing it coming from a guy who has shiny chicken strips on his tires, yet manages to high-side his bike? What's up with that?
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Do you live close to Ohio? I'm planning another Mid-Ohio track day this summer, it would be cool if you could come show me how fast a twin can be. I just have a hard time believing it coming from a guy who has shiny chicken strips on his tires, yet manages to high-side his bike? What's up with that?

Ohio would be nice but the closest track near me is Pahrump outside of Vegas.  I know some guys from the Aprilia forum that live in Ohio who regularly attend track days.  I'll be sure to relay the message.

As for the Chicken strips, brand new rubbers (as you can see the tread as well), when I crashed I dented both wheels and trashed the rubbers.  As I stated this was post crash, as in one week after I got the bike back together (new left side radiator, left clipon, all new plastics, shift lever, foot peg, left side can etc etc) and I still was wearing a cast on my left arm.  Sorry if thats not man enough for you, but I had a hard enough time just taking a piss much less riding my bikes.  

As for the Falco, not really a track machine, too long of a wheel base but you knew that right?  Also you brought up the GP vs. twins thing.  I was just merely pointing out the fact that the I-4's are represented in the GP either.  As for the future of high performance motorcycle engines, Aprilia will be coming out with a street V-4 in the next two years, I imagine the Japanese will be following suit as the V-4's/5's are indeed the wave of the future.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 3:45:44 AM EDT
[#24]
The M1 has an inline 4, so is the Kawasaki. the M1's got a wacky firing order that makes it sound wierd. Dunno 'bout the Kawasaki.

As for the rest of your post, chill out drama queen. How did we go from V-twins being the next best thing to a functional vagina, to "I'm more manly that you 'cause I threw my bike down the road and put it still put ittogether with a cast on"?

Really dude, arguements are easier without superfluous emotion.

Dave
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The M1 has an inline 4, so is the Kawasaki. the M1's got a wacky firing order that makes it sound wierd. Dunno 'bout the Kawasaki.

As for the rest of your post, chill out drama queen. How did we go from V-twins being the next best thing to a functional vagina, to "I'm more manly that you 'cause I threw my bike down the road and put it still put ittogether with a cast on"?

Really dude, arguements are easier without superfluous emotion.

Dave

Okay "dude" I'm not sure exactly what you're reading into my posts, but to clarify my standing I've just presented facts and my own personal opinion.  You're the assclown who called into question my riding ability because of the photos I took last year of my Aprilia.  It would behoove you next time to read what is written and not in between the lines.  Miss Cleo was a fraud and failure, I suspect you to be as well.  Do yourself a favor, and grow up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#26]
No Einstein, I'm NOT questioning your ability to ride. I'm questioning your ability to evaluate a particular engine architecture in a motorcycle when you aren't able to ride a bike well enough to avoid a low speed crash.

Look, I know you like your bike. I know that Aprilias are nice bikes. I know that every V-twin motorcycle out there is worth owning. I know that I liked mine. But that doesn't change the fact that the V-twin was a temporary solution to a problem in motorcycle racing. It was out of fashion before, and is out of fashion (outside of WSB) now.

Deal bro.

Dave
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
No Einstein, I'm NOT questioning your ability to ride. I'm questioning your ability to evaluate a particular engine architecture in a motorcycle when you aren't able to ride a bike well enough to avoid a low speed crash.
Dave

Thank you for convincing me exactly what I thought the very first post you replied with; limited riding ability, limited actual seat time, and above all else a classless squid.  The above is an absolute assinine assement to make considering; the very brief information I provided, not being able to read that the photo was post crash, and now to assume my own lack riding skills.  Do you really suffer this great of lack in reading comprehension?   I would continue to make comment, but I seriously have doubt in your own actual abilities as a rider yourself (not knowing how a highside occurs- pretty basic).  I'll tell you what, when you're old enough to drink legally and want to learn how to ride fast (and not  like the squid you apparently are), look me up and I'll be more than willing to lend a hand, until then I'll continue to be the guy laughing all the way to the bank knowing that I can afford an Aprilia and BMW and am still faster than you (why else would you be so offensive?).  I'd suggest for you to learn some manners and quit being such an abrassive jack ass, but at this point thats really an attempt at futility isn't it?

Deal with that "bro"

PS Just because I'm a caring person and feel the need to help the handicapped you may want to read this: Vtwins vs I-4's Cycleworld  Here's a little taste for you Davey boy hmm uhmmm hmm:

That's why packaging has played such a strong role in the success of the V-Twin. Not only are V-Twins narrower, but contrary to popular belief, they offer greater flexibility in fore-aft weight distribution due to their broader polar moment. Inline-Fours, on the other hand, are wider than V-Twins, obviously, but longitudinally shorter. In a front-to-rear plane, at least, that shortness is helpful in achieving the "mass centralization" goals that most sportbike manufacturers currently ascribe to. But the width of inline-Fours means they are generally harder to flick side-to-side than their V-Twin counterparts.
 Thanks for playing champ!
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Thank you for convincing me exactly what I thought the very first post you replied with; limited riding ability, limited actual seat time, and above all else a classless squid.  The above is an absolute assinine assement to make considering; the very brief information I provided, not being able to read that the photo was post crash, and now to assume my own lack riding skills.  Do you really suffer this great of lack in reading comprehension?   I would continue to make comment, but I seriously have doubt in your own actual abilities as a rider yourself (not knowing how a highside occurs- pretty basic).  I'll tell you what, when you're old enough to drink legally and want to learn how to ride fast (and not  like the squid you apparently are), look me up and I'll be more than willing to lend a hand, until then I'll continue to be the guy laughing all the way to the bank knowing that I can afford an Aprilia and BMW and am still faster than you (why else would you be so offensive?).  I'd suggest for you to learn some manners and quit being such an abrassive jack ass, but at this point thats really an attempt at futility isn't it?

Deal with that "bro"

PS Just because I'm a caring person and feel the need to help the handicapped you may want to read this: Vtwins vs I-4's Cycleworld  Here's a little taste for you Davey boy hmm uhmmm hmm:

That's why packaging has played such a strong role in the success of the V-Twin. Not only are V-Twins narrower, but contrary to popular belief, they offer greater flexibility in fore-aft weight distribution due to their broader polar moment. Inline-Fours, on the other hand, are wider than V-Twins, obviously, but longitudinally shorter. In a front-to-rear plane, at least, that shortness is helpful in achieving the "mass centralization" goals that most sportbike manufacturers currently ascribe to. But the width of inline-Fours means they are generally harder to flick side-to-side than their V-Twin counterparts.
 Thanks for playing champ!

Ok, first off, why the hell would I want you to teach me how to ride? You crash bikes, I don't-and yes I do know how a high-side happens; it's occurs when a rider gives too much throttle in a corner on a cold tire, or too early/too much throttle while heeled over on the track with a warm tire. The rear end steps out, bike slews sideways, tire regrips the pavement, and rider gets ejected from the bike. Since you didn't say it happened on a racetrack (are you sure it was 63mph and not 62 or 64??) I have to conclude that you grabbed a fist-full of the loud handle on a cold tire. The speed it happened at says a lot, given gear ratios on modern litre bikes. Oh, but I'm an underage squid, so I wouldn't know anything about that..

Oh, and BTW, I'm 33, don't drink, and have owned 11 motorcycles (10 street legal) since I was 17 years old. My first car was a bike, I've held a WERA license, have done the cross country thing, the whole nine yards. Doesn't matter if it's a motorcross track, trip up north for breakfast, or a track day-I'm up for it. Hardly squid material if you ask me...

Speaking of not knowing anything about that, you sure as fuck don't know anything about me. You think you are some bad shit beause you own two bikes outright? So what? I walked in to the dealer and paid cash for my GSXR, and the one before that (the Bimota) cost more than both of your "mopeds" combined. BTW, what does your bike ownership status have to do with V-twins being the last word in motorcycle engine architecture? You're a Tool. And an insecure one at that.

Luv,

Dave

BTW: you need to read the last paragraph of that article.

See, I can post pretty pictures too!

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:44:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Oh, BTW, you win.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Oh, BTW, you win.

Thanks.  Bimota powered by Suzuki?  Why don't  you just buy a Harley Davidson V Rod and proclaim it as the top technologically advanced super sport motorcycle to hit the streets.  BTW Nice Doc Martens for foot ware, and I presume thats your buddies ZX-6r, you know the one standing to the side in flip flops.......LMAO you're such a stroke!
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 3:59:53 AM EDT
[#31]

<Thanks. Bimota powered by Suzuki? Why don't you just buy a Harley Davidson V Rod and proclaim it as the top technologically advanced super sport motorcycle to hit the streets.>

For someone who claims to know a lot about twins,.....

1)Bimota doesn't make their own motors. Even the V-Due motor was made by Polini.
2)At the time the TL1000R was the lightest, most powerful V-twin that Bimota could buy.
3)This bike weighed 393lbs WET, and made 134hp. Show me a modern twin with that kind of power to weight ratio....

Prior to getting the GSXR, that "pretty boy" Bimota was the fastest, hardest accelerating, best handling bike I have owned. Thinking about getting another one actually. There are leftovers, and I can get spare parts now that Bimota is back in business. That bike was serial #8. I wish I hadn't broomed it. As for the harley comment, you're just plain trolling.

That dude in the flip flops is my buddy's and his wife's (she rides too, an '04 R6 BTW ) son-I'm 33 and the youngest of 11 in the group. Most of us have full suits, boots, the whole nine yards should I post a pic of me at Mid-Ohio railing a corner and NOT highsiding? The ZX-6R is another buddies who has owned it from new and has over 40,000 miles on it. He bought a ZX9 the year that pic was taken, converted it into a dedicated dragstrip track bike, and still rides the old ZX6R. Nope, no squids in my crew-though two of us have died in the last 10 years. One was a dump truck making a left turn while he was on his way to work on his Concours, the other died when a guy on a Goldwing hit him head on coming the after the Goldwing guy crossed the center line on a popular spot. My other buddy riding with him is a firefighter and had to watch him bleed to death internally and not be able do anything while he suffered in pain. We know the risks of riding a motorcycle. I don't have a problem with riding across town or to work in a leather jacket and gloves-it's a calculated risk. I would have thought you should understand that kind of thing being a rider yourself.

Again dude, you don't know me. You definitely don't know my friends and have no business cutting their heads off to make yourself look tall. Why is one-upping me so important to you? I just don't get it...  Are you that shaken by not being the only one in the forum who knows about motorcycles?
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#32]
yeah okay there champ, whatever you say.....  Feeling a little insecure huh?  You started with the personal attacks, then the misinformation diatribe, and now this a redirect and false accustation of the blame.  Tell me, you're not related to Ramsey Clark or John Kerry by any chance are you?  Have a Merry Christmas hero.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:01:14 AM EDT
[#33]
(shakes his head, rolls his eyes and waves goodbye to this thread)

Oh, to end things on a higher note: Keep the Shiny side up, Bro!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Oy vey!!
I havent been on this forum since my last post in this thread and come back to all this arguing!  LoL
My take on all this is the aprilia is the best handling bike I have ever owned!  It have a certain feeling when out on the aprilia and everyone looks at it, that I would never get one one of the main 4 jap bikes.  The sound and look is something most people are completely in awe about!  There is soul to the bike that you can not get off a run of the mill kawi/suzook/honda/yam.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Nice bike, once my trucks paid off I want to pick an Aprilia up, still debating if I want the new Supermoto or an RSV Factory, buddy of mine has the RSV R and its pretty nice bike.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#36]
The SXV450/550 supermotard is supposed to be coming next year. The offroad versions will be here this year, but homologation is going to take a little bit.

I just want the motor.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The SXV450/550 supermotard is supposed to be coming next year. The offroad versions will be here this year, but homologation is going to take a little bit.

I just want the motor. hug.gif

I'm feeling the 550 looks so sweet, but I also like RSV alot, tough decision, if I get the RSV I'll probably make the TL track only, SVX ill have to keep both on the road.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
02 Aprilia SL1000R
De-restricted
RSC Chip & Exhaust
41T Sprocket
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/InFALaBill/14May05050.jpg
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/InFALaBill/14May05047.jpg
and my bone stock R12GS (and on track days I can run around 3/4 of the squid field on their Jiggy 1k's)
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/InFALaBill/14May05060.jpg
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/InFALaBill/31Jul050492.jpg

Holy CRAP that is a good looking motorcycle.

Here's the Christmas present I just bought for myself:
2000 Mille with 9500 miles for $5k.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:48:47 AM EDT
[#39]
WOW! Ya done good there... Know anywhere else I could get a Mille for $5k?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top