Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:00:45 PM EDT
I have a buddy who's information was used to get a DL in Las Vegas, Neveda (buddy was born in RENO).  He contacted social security, but they really haven't done shit.   Who else can he call?

ETA:  My buddy informed that in the not so distant past birth certificates were reproduced and given to people without any real verfication of the person's identity in RENO.  And that it's only been recently that state laws have changed requiring a stricter process for getting birth certificates.  Ain't that some crap IF it's true?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go FBI on their asses
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The dupe police?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe the police would be a good place to start!  They can refer you to which FED agency to go to.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The dupe police?

LOL.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd go FBI on their asses

+1

And in a big fuckin' hurry too!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The IRS might be an option for the Tax end of it. If you know the guys name, you could call the US Marshals service. The clown might be wanted by them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Homeland Security.  Who knows what whey are using the info for.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]
He needs to contact all three credit rating companies (experian, transunion and whatever the other one is) and get FRAUD alerts put on them.  NOW!

Then get on the horn with the secretary of state or whoever issues drivers liscenses.  Tell him to keep going after the SSA also.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#9]
If you have life insurance go cap the bastard then collect the money and enjoy the rest of your days.

+1 FBI
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Chuck Norris?

Seems like it's definitely a state crime.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
This is very simple.
Track them down, kill them, resume your identity.

Do you suppose that you could get in trouble for killing yourself, only to survive?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
He needs to contact all three credit rating companies (experian, transunion and whatever the other one is) and get FRAUD alerts put on them.  NOW!

Then get on the horn with the secretary of state or whoever issues drivers liscenses.  Tell him to keep going after the SSA also.

+1
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#13]
If you just shot them would it be considered suicide?  What would the punishment be?

Dang it! you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#14]
First, notify the state of the duplicate fraudulent license.  Notify all three credit reporting agencies and call the state attorney general for further advice...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top