Link Posted: 9/8/2001 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks po89mm
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
believe it or not century
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Who sells the best kit for the money??  has anyone recently bought a kit that [b]wasn't[/b] made up of worn out parts.  

Where is the best place to buy a stock set?

OSA
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I spoke with someone at [url]http://www.whatacountry.com/[/url] yesterday & he said their kits were in very good condition & that the throat erosion in the barrels were guaged at 2. The down side was that the parts were a mix of USGI, Berreta & Danish.
I also spoke with Century yesterday & was told that their kits were mostly Springfield parts and the condition was also very good. When I asked about the throat erosion he stuttered out a "between 6 & 9". I don't call that very good. When I questioned the "very good condition kit with a TE guage from 6 to 9"  he said the kits with TE guage 2 or 3 were sold long ago.
Neither place were willing to specifically search for a very, very good condition kit with most or all Springfield parts, which is what I was looking for.

Just my $.02 worth.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there anything wrong with Berreta parts?  I am not looking for a collector items as much as a good shooter.  I see Wholesale Guns n Ammo has kits for $169.95 advert in shotgun news.

Sarco has 2 grades of kits, one of them is refinished.  They also have 1950/60's production barrels for $95.00 (breech bore gauged 1 thru 3).  

OSA
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
A complete stock set can be purchased through the Sportsman's Guide.  www.sportsmansguide.com, search on 'Garand'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top