Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2013 1:24:08 AM EDT
Found this article on a liberal forum I have been banned from but still lurk on:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/23/ar-15-rifle-stolen-from-gop-congresswomans-unlocked-garage/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

So, basically the libs over on that place feel that unless you keep your weapons in a vault of some type you are being irresponsible.  They are even going as far as to blame the gun owner in this case for her weapon being stolen..

They further go on to say that locking the doors to your house is not sufficient to protect your other valuable inside, that you need to take extra measure to secure items like jewelry, computers, etc.

Essentially they are putting the burden of blame when it comes to theft more on property owners than the actual thief.

WTF is wrong with these people…
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:26:00 AM EDT
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:26:36 AM EDT
Typical "blame everyone but the criminal" mentality.  Liberals are idiots.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:30:36 AM EDT
If any of those mental midgets had the balls to do their own thieving (instead of having government do it for them), they'd realize a crow bar and cordless angle grinder make short work of most safes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:31:58 AM EDT
fuck it..wasn't going to post it but here is the thread in question.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1658805
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:33:13 AM EDT
Post 1 & 2
Nuff said.

You may now lock this as there will be no more useful information gathered here because these 2 posts said it all.
Thank You.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:34:58 AM EDT
I should be able to leave my guns, a roll of cash, and the keys to my car outside, if I so choose. It's not the property owners' fault that she was targeted by scum, bereft of the barest human decency.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:46:01 AM EDT
Your weapon.  Your responsibility.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:52:49 AM EDT
Kids=responsible
thieves=not in any way

responsibility is having a throw down gun
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:02:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/29/2013 2:08:54 AM EDT by glocke12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hoppy:
View Quote

So, if someone has an AR locked inside their house, in  a cheap $100.00 safe because thats all they can afford, and some jackass breaks into  house and opens the safe with a screwdriver, its my fault?  Do I understand that correctly?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:05:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By glocke12:
Found this article on a liberal forum I have been banned from but still lurk on:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/23/ar-15-rifle-stolen-from-gop-congresswomans-unlocked-garage/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

So, basically the libs over on that place feel that unless you keep your weapons in a vault of some type you are being irresponsible.  They are even going as far as to blame the gun owner in this case for her weapon being stolen..

They further go on to say that locking the doors to your house is not sufficient to protect your other valuable inside, that you need to take extra measure to secure items like jewelry, computers, etc.

Essentially they are putting the burden of blame when it comes to theft more on property owners than the actual thief.

View Quote

The same people that will also claim that the girl in half a cocktail dress, staggering down a dark alley at 2am, did nothing irresponsible and was simply a victim of male violence. Liberal logic.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:24:17 AM EDT

So, if someone has an AR locked inside their house, in  a cheap $100.00 safe because thats all they can afford, and some jackass breaks into  house and opens the safe with a screwdriver, its my fault?  Do I understand that correctly?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Obviously you don't understand at all.  "Your" and "Their" are two different words.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:28:28 AM EDT
It ends when you bring it into your home.  If someone breaks into your house and steals it it's not your fault.  When are kitchen knife owners going to be responsible? Three people got stabbed to death in my hometown in a three day period.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:57:30 AM EDT

View Quote

Reading that makes my head hurt.

I fucking hate the liberal mentality.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:07:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:
I should be able to leave my guns, a roll of cash, and the keys to my car outside, if I so choose. It's not the property owners' fault that she was targeted by scum, bereft of the barest human decency.
View Quote

This.

And you ought to be able to drop anyone that tries to rob you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:08:32 AM EDT
Castle with moat. Keeps guns in Libatards out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:13:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Number1gun:
View Quote

There are 2 simple words that will keep liberals out.  "Now Hiring"
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:17:34 AM EDT
Arfcom's catch phrase is

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

Take that to one extreme, and you end up with people being blamed for the crimes committed against them.

Something to keep in mind when you are discussing this thread topic.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:23:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SirSmeggle:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SirSmeggle:
Originally Posted By Number1gun:

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:03:53 AM EDT
No.  Just no.  

Kids - ok, I'll secure them, more or less.

Anyone else?  No. You have a responsibility not to fuck with my shit.

These same fucks get oh so bent out of shape when someone says that a rape victim shouldn't have been wearing a miniskirt and talking dirty to guys while grinding on said guys while wasted at a bar.  Blaming the victim is wrong - unless the victim is someone you don't like I guess.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:06:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:
View Quote

My dad lost a nice Weatherby rifle because he left it in the garage instead of locking it back in the safe after a hunt. He blames himself. Sure the guy who stole it was an asshole, but my dad believes you shouldn't make it easy for the bad guys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:41:59 AM EDT

View Quote

There are members here who have made that same argument.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:43:49 AM EDT
My house, my rules.

In the home/vehicle, 1 gun is always easy access no matter what. Period.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:00:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/29/2013 6:03:37 AM EDT by runcible]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

View All Quotes
<SNIP>

<SNIP>

See it all the time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:08:59 AM EDT
This topic, along with "Range Safety", is telling with the responses as to where people live.  

I haven't seen the garage in question, but the term "garage" has different meaning to different folks.  

If you live in a townhome type structure with a single car, street facing car hole one vehicle length from your mailbox and a side walk even closer, the thought of leaving your AR on the workbench in plain sight is foolish at best.  The thought of having your stuff on display for the pedestrians cruising over to the stop and rob for Skittles and some lottery tickets while visiting "cousin" is justifiable cause for alarm.  

However,  many people don't live in such places.  For some of us, a garage is a stand alone building twice the size of a normal apartment with much more expensive tools that a rifle.  This building is generally unlocked as it is a garage (or workshop if you can't drive inside it)!  It is also recognized that the door lock is only going to slow down the bad guy for as long as it takes him to break a window or kick in the door.  When you live far apart enough that breaking glass is unheard, you tend to realize the futility of "layered security" and count upon the neighbors to "keep an eye on things" to include strange cars around and being downright nosy if strangers are around your place.  

Nonetheless, it is funny how quick some are to blame the victim for the actions of a thief.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:10:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By runcible:

See it all the time.
View All Quotes
<SNIP>

<SNIP>

See it all the time.

Yeah, from the "never leave a gun in your locked car" crowd.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:12:01 AM EDT
If they let us have Claymores and Booby traps it would be less of a problem.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:18:03 AM EDT

View All Quotes

It's OK when the pro gun people are anti gun.  Kinda like the N-word.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:37:57 AM EDT

View Quote

You would enjoy the thread over at MR then.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:28:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wav3form:
View Quote

FPNI

/Thread
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:40:36 AM EDT
You don't even need to go to the DU to spy on these mental midgets, you can just go to the mac forum.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:42:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:43:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

If you have kids in the house you should have a system in place to secure weapons.

No kids, my AR15 can sit loaded next to the nightstand.
View Quote
Does storing ARs in your kids room count as a system?  

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:45:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wwace:
Kids=responsiblethieves=not in any way

responsibility is having a throw down gun
View Quote

This. A parent wouldn't leave a kitchen knife on the floor, or pretty colorful pills laying around if they had little ones and were responsible.

Thieves, there is no responsibility to protect and one can't be responsible for another adults actions.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:48:23 AM EDT
If you have kids in the house you should have a system in place to secure weapons.

View Quote

Why can't I just teach my kids responsibility?  Who the fuck are you to say what should or should not do with my property in m own home?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:49:47 AM EDT
View Quote

Game. Set. Match.

They are so completely fucked in the head it cannot be put in words.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:56:13 AM EDT

View All Quotes

you know that's not what he means and you know it.

in your scenario the home owner did the best he could.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:02:19 AM EDT
My father never owned a safe. He managed to raise four children, with his guns propped up in a corner of the basement.

I do not consider his method to be criminal, though some might.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:05:38 AM EDT
It really doesn't matter.

If the cartel bombs your home, lifts your safe out of the basement with a helicopter....it will still be your fault, according to the leftists.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:05:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By carlschmarl2:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By carlschmarl2:

That.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:07:10 AM EDT
View Quote

Her hem length.  Her responsibility.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:11:45 AM EDT
The act like safes are some kind of impenetrable fortress.  All a cheap safe does is tell the bad guys "hey all of my valuable shit is in here".  I'd rather hide guns in the walls or in heavy appliances around the house.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:13:11 AM EDT

View Quote

Liberals are the kind of people that blame the woman for the rape and the bank for the robbery.  The only explanation is that Liberalism is a Mental disorder.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:16:53 AM EDT
Where does the responsibility of a rape victim start?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:20:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/29/2013 8:22:48 AM EDT by doubleshot00]
Originally Posted By ManMan:

Why can't I just teach my kids responsibility?  Who the fuck are you to say what should or should not do with my property in m own home?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ManMan:

The child could have a mental disorder and have you ever tried teaching a 2 year old gun safety?  Yeah he sees dad or mom doing it so he wants to.  Just saying.

When my son was born the first thing I did was buy a gun safe.  It was a great excuse to the wife.  Now I see the importance as we have thieves in our area (4 houses down).
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:22:25 AM EDT
View Quote

So by that logic if you leave your locked car ( a 3000 pound weapon) parked in the street and somebody steals it and runs over somebody then it's your responsibility also.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:23:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/29/2013 8:24:39 AM EDT by Orracle]
Originally Posted By delemorte:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By delemorte:

How did he mean it? Seriously, I don't understand the Your and their thing being different either...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:23:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/29/2013 8:24:31 AM EDT by GunnyG]

View Quote

Since they haven't succeeded in getting an outright ban in place, they are trying to make ownership as expensive, intrusive and onerous as possible, so that people will avoid it. We've been threatened with insurance requirements, mandatory minimum training standards (that can get ratcheted up later or only a few can get certified to instruct (Example: read Emily Miller's experiences with trying to meet the ownership licensing requirements for Wash DC)
From the likely-next mayor of Seattle, we got SB 5737 last year, where he specified a 4th amendment violation for us:  
"Safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection;..." from http://legiscan.com/WA/text/SB5737/id/739144/Washington-2013 and discussed thoroughly in http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020373291_westneat17 "  

It's just once a year, and you have nothing to hide, right citizen?
[/jbt] (He ended up removing that provision, and denied actually reading it, blaming it on the staffer or lobbyist that drafted the bill  

Remember those 100 or so Seattle businesses that have "no guns" signs posted, which is not really about keeping guns out of their place (or in Starbucks, etc), it is about denying as many opportunities for the legal gun carrier/owner to legally go anywhere. If you have to avoid enough places, you will just stop carrying well before the sidewalk is the only place left to you be legal.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:26:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 2ndamendmentknights:

It ends when you bring it into your home.  If someone breaks into your house and steals it it's not your fault.
View Quote

This should have been the first post.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:26:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

FPNI

/Thread
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

FPNI

/Thread

This.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:27:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By America-first:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By America-first:
<SNIP>

<SNIP>

See it all the time.

Worse than that.

A year or so ago a guy started a rant thread saying that while he was at work someone kicked in the door of his house & took his ar.

Some mental giants decided to crap on him saying it was his fault because he should have had a safe, and that if a crime was committed with said stolen firearm he should be liable for it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top