Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/11/2002 5:42:47 AM EST
I need a new push rod for my stevens .22 rifle. The spring is weak and if I get under 5 shots left it will jam. But if I have 12 loaded up it will shoot semi-auto just fine. I can't see a way to get at the spring without damaging it so I guess I need a new one. Will this be hard to find? I can't remember the make of the gun exactly but I believe it is a Stevens 75b semi-automatic .22 long rile.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:46:44 AM EST
Gun Parts Corp. in West Hurley, NY should have what you may need. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:57:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:40:29 AM EST
You can also check the auction sites for gun parts also - [url]www.auctionarms.com[/url] or [url]www.gunbroker.com[/url] and even Ebay.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:36:48 AM EST
Forget it. You'll never find parts for that old thing! Just send it to me instead...[:D]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:32:29 PM EST
what would be the technical name for the deal that slides in behind the ammo under the barrel? It pulls out then you put the shells in then you push it in and it pushes the shells with a spring? Am I making sense?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 2:44:54 PM EST
Per the Numrich (AKA: Gun Parts) catalog, the complete assembly is called “Magazine Tube Assembly, Inside”. If they have any, it will probably cost you about $15. The spring by itself is called the “Magazine Follower Spring”; it should cost you about $2. It appears that the assembly’s “Magazine Plug” is held in by a cross pin. This plug is the knurled (I guess) thing at the front end of the tube. Removing this pin and the plug should allow the spring to be removed. You might be able to clean things up, or possibly stretch the spring, and get by without having to buy anything. However, you might have to drill out this pin. Numrich doesn’t list a Stevens 75A, but they do list a 76A.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:42:41 PM EST
Now that I am home I can say it is a Stevens 87b model. And here is the link to the parts page. [url]http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=089Zz87B[/url] I think it must be the inside magazine tube. Or the inside magazine tube complete but I don't know what the difference would be. They are sold out of the magizine tube. Figures, thanks for your help everybody. CB
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:04:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/11/2002 6:10:04 PM EST by Voodoo17]
I wish I had the web site but there is a POPPERTS gun parts in Glenside, PA. They are supposed to carry old parts. Have visited but did not bookmark the site. Good luck [url]www.poppertsgunparts.com[/url]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:10:44 PM EST
How ironic !!! About a year ago, I was restoring this EXACT same rifle that my father gave me... I needed the same part, along with a few others... It's a brass tube with a serrated knob on the end, and a spring inside it... The whole works slides into the mag tube under the barrel, & twist locks in... The tube under the barrel should have a neat little cutout shaped like a .22LR where you drop the ammo in, right ? Only way I was able to get parts for it was to buy a complete rifle & rob the parts from it... I just happened to stumble onto one in a local gunshop... Bought it for $65... Sold what was left of it for $15... Good luck !!! You might find one at a gunshow...
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 8:26:27 PM EST
You should give this place a try, they have alot of older & obsolete parts. [url]http://www.leesgunparts.com/index.html[/url] ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:53:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By Crappybob: ... I think it must be the inside magazine tube. Or the inside magazine tube complete but I don't know what the difference would be.
View Quote
The “inside magazine tube” is probably just the stripped tube. The “inside magazine tube, complete”, is probably the whole assembly: magazine tube, follower, spring, plug and plug pin. Many .22 rifles use tubular magazines. Seems like you should be able to find a spring that would fit without a lot of difficulty.
Top Top