Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 6:51:53 AM EDT
Just wondering if I'm bits here but it pisses me off when I sell someone a rifle and they assume that the hard case that I used to transport it comes with it. I understand cases that are gun specific I'm talking about the hard cases like you bui at cabelas. Its like they assume that its tour last gun on earth that your selling so you won't need it anymore

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you graduate high school?

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Assume nothing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I sold a PTR91 FTF a couple of years ago and the guy tried to tell me that I should throw in a $200 aluminum case for the price.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Assume nothing.

Bingo.

If buying, I ask what all comes with it or not; if selling, I am very clear about what is/is not included.

Ding, that's all you need is to make sure the buyer knows what he is buying before you seal the deal.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#6]
If I have a over abundance of cases at the time of the sale I would include one not a $200 case but a $20  for sure.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I always include the case in my deals.

AB
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't usually assume I get the case, but in the vast majority of FTFs I have bought I did get a case-cheap, zippered case to keep me legal going home, but a case nontheless. If it's not in the seller's description I assume I don't get it. If I do, it's a bonus.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Assume nothing.

Bingo.

If buying, I ask what all comes with it or not; if selling, I am very clear about what is/is not included.

common sense isn't so common....

my EE ads specifically state EXACTLY what comes with the item, if any parts are missing, any damage, anomalies, etc. (with pictures showing said anomalies), i don't use stock photos from a website either...

if i were buying a rifle from a guy, i would bring a gun sock or case of my own, if he chose to give me his case, i'd be very appreciative, but wouldn't expect it, unless the ad was like "AR15 with custom pelican case" or something along those lines
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:01:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck that .... the buyer is buying the GUN .... thats it ... they arent buying the case I transported it there with.  IF they want to purchase it to then it might be offered for extra.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Never assume anything, unless it was discussed pre-sale, consider it a bonus "IF" you get it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:16:40 AM EDT
[#12]
No.  The case is to keep it in the condition in which it was advertised.  Unless the case originally came with the gun, it isn't included.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
What irks me is this weekend I was selling a rather nice o/u shotgun and put it in the case I use for my benelli. Met up with him and got out of the car grabbed the case I had the gun in and put it on the back of the car. Opened it and pulled the gun out and handed it to him. He looked it over and then put it back in the case to hand me cash. Then clicked the case shut and walked off with it. No mention of a case in my add and he never asked. On the other hand I bought an xd this weekend and the price was awesome but guy said it was only the gun and 2 mags. So I brought a pistol case and ended up that it came with the factory case

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I will sell a case included with the gun if it is an OEM case that the gun came in.     I don't point out that no case comes with it, but if I'm selling the case with it, I would definitely point that out ("I was on the fence about this gun, but it comes with a case.    I better make an offer")

I wouldn't assume anything about a gun I was buying.    
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What irks me is this weekend I was selling a rather nice o/u shotgun and put it in the case I use for my benelli. Met up with him and got out of the car grabbed the case I had the gun in and put it on the back of the car. Opened it and pulled the gun out and handed it to him. He looked it over and then put it back in the case to hand me cash. Then clicked the case shut and walked off with it. No mention of a case in my add and he never asked. On the other hand I bought an xd this weekend and the price was awesome but guy said it was only the gun and 2 mags. So I brought a pistol case and ended up that it came with the factory case

Then its your own fault for not saying "hey fuck face, the case doesnt go with it."
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#17]
If you never sell a firearm, you won't have this dilemma.

When buying one, I would not assume the case goes with it, unless specifically mentioned in the ad.  A sock is a nice touch for the seller to add.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He walked off with your case?  SOB!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't usually assume I get the case, but in the vast majority of FTFs I have bought I did get a case-cheap, zippered case to keep me legal going home, but a case nontheless. If it's not in the seller's description I assume I don't get it. If I do, it's a bonus.

Your state requires that longarms be cased for transport?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your state requires that longarms be cased for transport?

Sure does. It sucks, but I've learned to keep a cheap sleeve in my car for those times I find a deal I can't pass up-like the 1916 Lithgow No.1MKIII a couple years ago for $100, with a box of reloadable ammo. Mismatched bolt, but the best bore I've ever seen on an Enfield.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a moron with an online add that featured a great looking springfield 1911, the plastic case that he bought it with, and an aluminum handgun case, try and tell me that even though his add listed the case as part of the deal I had "Gotten a great deal and should be happy with what I got".

He ended up giving 25 bucks back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top