Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2002 5:39:00 PM EDT
i think only when the mother is in immediate danger of dying.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
baby killer
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
baby killer
View Quote

mama and baby killer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Any time. Nobody (certainly not the government) has the right to interfere with the mother's decision.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any time. Nobody (certainly not the government) has the right to interfere with the mother's decision.
View Quote
And that decision would be to kill another. Yeah, sometimes someone else's life is just too inconvienent.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
When both parents are liberals. Should help thin the herd.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
mmm...how about half past never?

-

seriously, though, only if the mother's life is in SERIOUS danger.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Whenever I talk about abortion I get really worked up, so bear with me.  It makes me SO angry when a woman F*&%s around, makes a kid, and kills it just because it is an inconvenience.  And I REALLY HATE IT when people say, "The woman has a right to do what she wants to her own body."  IT ISN'T HER BODY!  And even if it were, does this mean that drugs, underaged smoking/drinking, etc. is legal now?

Another thing:  Why is so-called "partial-birth abortion" legal, but if you kill your baby right after it's born you're arrested for murder?

I think that if any mother has her baby aborted for any reason other than her life being in jepoardy, the doctor should be tried for murder, and the mother should be tried for being an accomplice to murder.  This will be (to use a much-overused phrase) a win-win situation.  Women will think twice before sleeping around (therefore slowing or perhaps stopping the spread of Acquired Immune Defiecency Syndrome), and there will be MUCH fewer illegitimate children living in poverty.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Abortion shouldn't necessarily be outlawed simply from a religious standpoint.  I'm guessing you don't believe in God, but you agree with me that murder is wrong, right?  Then why isn't murder of an unborn child wrong?

OmegaMan:  Thanx
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i think only when the mother is in immediate danger of dying.
View Quote

"
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't like laws against abortion-that's just trying to enforce someone else's [red]religious views[/red] on everyone.
View Quote
That shows you've got a LOT to learn about the biology and physiology of abortion.

And as far as forcing religious views on someone, some religions hold bigamy, rape, slavery and human sacrifice as immoral, some don't. So should we also strike all laws against bigamy, rape, slavery and human sacrifice because that's "forcing religion on everyone"?

Quoted:
People don't need the government sticking it's nose into this anymore than they need the government messing around w/choices about how to protect themselves w/ a firearm.
View Quote
Peter Singer, Professor of Ethics at Princeton thinks mothers should have the CHOICE to be able to kill their newborn babies up to three days after birth for ANY REASON, and up to a month after birth if the baby has Down's syndrome. I guess the Gov't shouldn't be sticking it's nose into THOSE choices either.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I am personally very much against abortion.  I will admit there may be [i]some[/i] reasons where I should be for it though.  However that is neither here nor there...

I believe that Roe V. Wade should be overtuned and whether or not abortion is allowed decided upon the states.  Basically [i]we[/i] will vote whether or not we want it legalized...I hate the fact that our tax dollars helps fund abortion, and although my state if it had the chance would vote for it in a heartbeat I'm sure I would still hate my tax dollars going for it, but at least I'd have the chance to vote against it.  And you can move to a state that doesn't want it...
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And I REALLY HATE IT when people say, "The woman has a right to do what she wants to her own body."  IT ISN'T HER BODY!
View Quote

WTF?  If it isn't her body who's is it?  
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Uhhh . . . you're serious?

What kind of question is that?  Who's body is the baby's body?  It's the baby's!  Sure, the baby is attached to the mother and feeds off of the mother, but if that makes the baby part of the mother's body, ticks are part of our body too!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#16]

this topic always leads to trouble....lol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in the belief that it is acceptable if the mothers' life is in danger, or if it was a rape or incest (a REAL rape or incest) and/or of the baby is severly deformed.

What I don't understand is why so many liberals, you know, the ones that are against the death penalty, or the ones that value animal life above human life (vegans)are so adamantly in favor of the whenever/wherever "right" to kill an unborn baby.

What REALLY makes me sick, is the FACT that Planned Parenthood makes a shitload of cash from the government and is the driving force behind the debate to keep it legal. Your tax dollars at work.

$350 a pop, or should I say slice and suck???
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Need a sixth option: "any man with a clue doesn't talk about this around women."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top