Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2002 3:51:07 AM EDT
A Raging Road.  I-20 through Texas claimed 6 more victims sunday afternoon for a total 33 killed in 6 1/2 months. I-35 through Ft. Worth used to have the fearful moniker of "Murder Freeay"  but that problem was corrected during the early '80's.  I  guess I-20 is trying to take over as the states Death Road. If your summer travel plans involve driving through Texas be forwarned that we have some Very LOOONG, Very Boring stretches of roadway that will kill you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:55:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, heat, monotonous freeways, and lack of sleep are a very bad combination. We have that problem too during summer vacation season.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:58:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
... If your summer travel plans involve driving through Texas be forwarned that we have some Very LOOONG, Very Boring stretches of roadway that will kill you.
View Quote

yes it called Odessa, Texas. flattest most boring mind numbing stretch to ever exist.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#4]
whats worse you say.......??

[b]HIGHWAY HATE......!![/b]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:02:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If your summer travel plans involve driving through Texas be forwarned that we have some Very LOOONG, Very Boring stretches of roadway that will kill you.
View Quote

Oh yippee-ka-fscking-hey.
[rolleyes][sleep]
*mounts a tiny color TV on his dashboard*
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If your summer travel plans involve driving through Texas be forwarned that we have some Very LOOONG, Very Boring stretches of roadway that will kill you.
View Quote

So then the answer is... Road Apathy?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I was going to say a "Titty Twister"...
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was going to say a "Titty Twister"...
View Quote

That was goingto be my second choice!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... If your summer travel plans involve driving through Texas be forwarned that we have some Very LOOONG, Very Boring stretches of roadway that will kill you.
View Quote

yes it called Odessa, Texas. flattest most boring mind numbing stretch to ever exist.
View Quote

actually driving from dallas to phoenix, midland/odessa is where the sky seems to widen and you know that you are oficially "out west"
well... then you have to go through the cesspool that is El Paso!

and I20 is horrible mainly because of the 18wheelers who think that 90mph is a good idea.
here is my list of other shitty highways/freeways in DFW:
I30 from Arlington to Dallas (uhmm.. where'd the top of the road go?)
I35E in Dallas (the worst entrances and exits, ever!)
635 is always a nail biter!
theres more, but i might end up naming them all!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]
What is worse than road rage? Those elderly sorts in the market that run the cart up the back of your ankle and smile with an "I'm sorry!"  [:o)]

Back to reality.. Road Rage? That is why I carry a Galco driver holster with a 45 ACP in it. Can't be too careful!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]
ARgon beat me to it, I was going for shopping cart rage.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Three Letters...Years worth of Pain!

[size=5][b]P.M.S.[/b][/size=5]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the worst highway in DFW has to be 183 through Irving. Those morons decided to place the off-ramps before the on-ramps. It makes it damn near impossible to get on the highway or even drive on the access road during rush hour.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top