Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/13/2001 11:29:22 AM EST
on the old WWII mausers in the back of the stock theres a ring shape hole with a metal gromet thru it..and no its not a sling mount.... sorry about all the mauser questions but my brother in law gave me one and im referbushing it...
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:46:30 AM EST
beuler, beuler, beuler, beuler...................... come on i know somebody knows
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:51:11 AM EST
Something to do with the bolt. You remove the bolt, take it apart. Clean it. You need to stick the pointy end into the hole to put the bolt back together. It makes it easier. Something like that. I know I'm very close.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:52:08 AM EST
That is a leftover from when armies depended upon mounted cavalry.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:52:21 AM EST
I think it is made to take the bolt apart. Once meet a guy that had a Mauser with a coffee grinder in place of that hole. It was a stupid concept but the gun is worth a mint as only a few were made.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:55:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2001 12:26:51 PM EST by burn]
ok bolt...id be happy with a web sie that explained it all i searched but i cant find one i dont think we used calvery much by the time thease mausers were present..... a 38 and a 10\22 my ass.............
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 12:38:45 PM EST
Hey Burn. 7 was right it is a bolt takedown disc. If you try the sites mosin-nagant.net and milsurpshooter.net And then proceed to the discussion boards they both have forums dedicated to mausers. A super group of people who are very knowledgeable will be more than happy to help you out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 12:40:28 PM EST
Bolt takedown. I think they diagram it here [url]http://home.thezone.net/~k98k/start.html?[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 12:53:06 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:08:54 PM EST
According to the Pros From Dover and others it can be used to strip the striker. I've always felt it was for lockdown in the armorys. What makes me question it's original purpose was to dismantle the striker is that you find the same fitting on some G43's...
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 2:19:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2001 2:17:54 PM EST by Striker]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 2:24:26 PM EST
The hole was used to secure the rifles in the shipping crates going to the field units. A metal rod was run down through all the rifles to secure them inside the crates. Bradd
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:09:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By burn: whats that hole for...
View Quote
If you have to ask......well your pops should have had that talk with you already.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:14:45 PM EST
www.milsurpshooter.com is a great source of information on these things. From my experience those guys know what they are talking about and are really helpfull.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:13:47 PM EST
OK Striker put-um back on. This is a family site. (or so I'm told)
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:15:08 PM EST
It is definitely used to disassemble the bolt for cleaning/maint.
Top Top