Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 11:32:37 AM EDT
Hi all,

I have a question for you all.  If you had a choice in either:

1. you found the woman of your dreams that would love you forever, but you would have to live a life where you probably couldnt make much money at all, but you would have her.

or

2. you have a great job that makes you feel great and you actually like going to each day but you cant have the woman of your dreams.

what choice would you make.  yes there are a lot of women out there, but will the other woman ever live up to the woman of your dreams?  and i guess you could say that about jobs too, that there are a lot of jobs out there.

tell me what you think.

thanks
lojack
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Money.

You can lease love.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Love.

You can't buy, rent or lease REAL love.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Better find the love, because there are few people that will "love" you.  When the going gets tough, all desert you.

I got one who "loves" me dispite my bad habits, aging looks, and middle class income.  You can trust and depend on each other.  We talk about anything: fears, goals, happy times.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I would take the money, because no money = no
honey

women want a good provider

there is a lot more to life than just being in
love with a woman, love fades away.

to survive and live a good life you need money.

women are just like fish in the sea, you can always find another, especially if you have the
money. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Its a much more rare occurance when love buys you a gun. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]
IMHO
A woman has the ability to make a man 4' tall or 10' tall!!!!
If you two are a team there is no reason you can't have both!!!
Are you considering children??? Would she be a good mother for them???
"Study the future mother in law it is a window into the future"!!!!
Good luck
Big
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#7]
get both!

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Money can't buy happiness, but it does offer a greater selection of miseries.

Hey, thanks--I just found my new sig line for this month!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Both,but remember....money can lose all its value overnight....
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Love money and get laid. If you want a friend, feed an animal.

-HS
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Money. The poor but happy thing just happens in the movies. Actually, I don't think it even happens in the movies these days; probably because nobody is buying that crap.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Money can't buy happiness, but it does offer a greater selection of miseries.

Hey, thanks--I just found my new sig line for this month!
View Quote

I'd be pretty damn happy if money would buy me that Pre -Ban Galil ARM right about now! [snoopy]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll take the money and the job I love anyday thank you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Love. Trust me. You can beg, borrow or steal anything that money gets you (assuming you have none) but you can't force real love.

Wife & I are now both unemployed, me for over 18 months. We're looking at a worst-case scenario of 7 more months before we have to think about selling one of the cars and/or putting the house on the market. But we've got each other, we've been together through thick and thin since we were 16-17 years old and we're just as happy as when we had a 6-digit household income.

Maybe Oslo's right & we're just poor-but-happy flukes [;)].
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#17]
A poor SOB came up with "money can't buy happiness".
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Both......One can't live without the other.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Al Pacino said, "First you get the money, then you get the power, and then you get the women."

That is one school of thought.

I would fall in the mushy middle.  A certain income floor sure aviods a lot of misery.  Money can't buy happiness, sure, but paying the bills counts for a lot.

Get an education or learn a trade, and then get serious about a woman of your dreams in that order.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I have always lived by the motto of you can take a vacation from a shitty job, but you can't take a vacation from being poor.  I think I would take the money.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Neither. How about God first? Then you get both...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Screw you guys ... I'll have both ,thank you !!

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have seen lots of homeless folks in churche today.....You're right.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#24]
[green] $MONEY$ [/green] You can find the woman of your dreams ANYWHERE......its a big planet, theres alot of them. Love, like looks, fades+changes.......WOMEN DONT WANT NO BROKE ASSED GUYS! It cracks me up when I think of the "for better or worse, for richer or poorer" crap, things usually go bad if things are better + richer ......[whacko]RIGHT?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#25]
MONEY
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I have seen lots of homeless folks in churche today.....You're right.
View Quote

They're homeless because booze was their god for a long time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Money- no doubt. With money, the women will come. Love is overrated.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#30]
The wise men of the Wu Tang Clan once said, "Cash Rules Everything Around Me - C.R.E.A.M. get the money dolla dolla bill y'all"

I'll take the money.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#31]
CA$H is KING !!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A poor SOB came up with "money can't buy happiness".
View Quote

Maybe so, but it could have just as easily been a rich guy who was lonely and miserable with only monetary possessions.  Even with all the money you could want, you can still be very empty inside without the right person to enjoy it with.  I disagree with the ones who say love fades away.  True love only gets stronger, despite hardships.  When I was married, whether we had money or not, we were always happy.  Whether my husband was working and bringing in $1000 plus a week or unemployed, my feelings never changed and I certainly never thought of leaving him. When he became sick and we almost lost everything, I continued to take care of him until he died.  When I took my vows, I took them seriously. So don't tell me this kind of love doesn't exist.  Even though I have jokingly said that the next time I marry, it will be for money, I will never settle for anything less than what I had before.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#33]
$$$$$$
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#34]
6 "I the LORD do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. 7 Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the LORD Almighty.
"But you ask, 'How are we to return?'
8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me.
"But you ask, 'How do we rob you?'
"In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse-the whole nation of you-because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. [I]TEST ME IN THIS[/I]," says the LORD Almighty, "AND SEE IF I WILL NOT THROW OPEN THE FLOODGATES OF HEAVEN AND POUR OUT SO MUCH BLESSING THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE ROOM ENOUGH FOR IT. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty. 12 "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty.
View Quote

from Malachi Chapter 3

This is an interesting passage from the Bible. God seems to be pretty specific in that challenge. Anyone take Him up on it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#35]
ok

I tried to simplify my situation on this to just money or love.  ok i gotta give you the total run down in a short version.  The woman i love and she truly loves me is in oregon with her family.  im in florida with mine.  here i have a great job, friends and family.  she is in a very small town (12K population) in oregon.  it is mostly agricultural.  she wants me to move there for her and for us to get married and raise a family.  the problem is that i probably know that i cant get a decent job there because my skills are in the technology side of business.  she says that she will probably never leave this small town because her family is there and that she doesnt want to leave them.  im in a tough place.  leave everything that i have here to follow her to have a family and probably a less than desriable job and lower income or stay in florida with the people and job that i have in hopes of finding another woman like her.  man life can throw you some serious curve balls.

later
lojack
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm leaning toward picking woman over job.  A good woman is hard to find. An employer can lay you off anytime.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Love.

You can't buy, rent or lease REAL love.
View Quote

What he said.

Love and ramen noodles can make for years of joy... money is great, but love is sublime.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#38]
It's obviously love..........................................it makes the world go round.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I ain't never had none money or womenz so I wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Love is a temporary chemcial trick in your brain that your DNA plays on you so it can better replicate itself.

Money is real.

However - to answer the question, I'd pick the woman of my dreams, because the woman that I dream of is not only incredibly smart and beautiful, but also incredibly wealthy!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Lojack, if you two truly love each other that is a very special thing; go for it. Personal success and wealth are empty victories if you have no one to share them with - loneliness can haunt you in a way poverty never will. I have an enjoyable job that pays a comfortable salary, and I've had my share of academic successes. But at the end of the day, I still feel empty inside - and money and awards don't fill that gap.

Perhaps it's just the sort of person that I am or the philosophy that I live by, but I find that success and money can be earned if you work at it hard enough. But as Frank said, you can't pick who you fall in love with and who falls in love with you. You might be able to screw it up if you try hard enough, but if it's not there in the first place no amount of effort will make it appear.

Besides, I'm sure you'll find a niche suited to your talents. Probably not exactly the position you're currently in, but short of it being an amish community, they'll have a need for technologically-inclined individuals.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:02:22 PM EDT
[#42]
When I was in my 20's, my answer would have been love because I was always poor anyway, but I was getting laid on a regular basis and that's what I "thought" I needed AT THAT TIME...

In my 30's, I had 3 kids and a decent job, but I was still broke (kids will do that to you). But, I was still a pussy hound.... So, I would have said love (or what I "thought" was love) AT THAT TIME...

Now in my 40's, after many hard knocks and after being married 3 times (cheating wives), I am still poor and not really interested in love anymore. I can take it or leave it...I want toys now! So, now I would say money...But, I'll never have it so I guess I will make do with what I have and that's a pretty terriffic lady who puts up with my crap and some really good friends who I would kill or die for....(which I PRAY never comes up) [:|]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top