Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2017 7:59:16 PM EDT
I keep reading about this in various threads

what was it?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:02:54 PM EDT
I missed that too but googled it.  In for other perspectives.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:04:40 PM EDT
Something about cartoon butts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:06:50 PM EDT
Gamers want to be left alone, SJWs step in and complain about skimpy costumes on female characters, gamers say fuck off, SJWs label gamers as misogynistic racist bigots, gamers are redpilled.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:07:00 PM EDT
Gamergate is four things.

1. Gamers finding out that gaming journalists weren't being honest.

2. Gamers finding out that SJW's were beginning to leak in to the development of games.

3. Gamers finding out that SJW's were beginning to leak in to gaming journalism.

4. Gamers realizing that journalism and SJW's are cancer.

All of this started with Jeff Gerstman giving Kane and Lynch 2 a bad score. He was fired for it. Another review was made by someone else giving it a higher score. Turns out the company paid for a good review and didn't get one. Read more on the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gerstmann

A few years later, gamers found out that a "game maker" was sleeping with gaming journalists for reviews. The game in suspect was SJW bullshit. People began to call her what she is: a whore/slut/etc. People called out how unethical the journalists were.

In steps in Anita "For My Thesis I Watched TV" Sarkeesian who somehow became an SJW figure by...? I don't know.  She made videos about how there are no good female protagonists? She just sort of showed up. She spoke to the fucking UN about censoring the internet, for fucks sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3m-bcaCVbM

Anyway, turns out she's just a lying cunt with a patreon who never really made the content that she said she was going to after getting a bunch of money from hopeful SJW's.

As all of this is happening, places like Polygon and Kotaku begin PUMPING out SJW horse shit. Articles about how characters like Mario are misogynist, how the NES had no female protagonists, and, in general, showing that they don't know what they are talking about and are also hacks who aren't actually gamers at all. This spiraled out of control and people began to notice that the entirety of modern journalism is 99% bullshit.

It is one of the biggest things that helped Trump win. It is the reason we have so many young conservatives.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:09:21 PM EDT
Basically, gamers consider games hallowed ground, and turned pretty harshly on those who tried to trample it with liberal bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:10:52 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gamers want to be left alone, SJWs step in and complain about skimpy costumes on female characters, gamers say fuck off, SJWs label gamers as misogynistic racist bigots, gamers are redpilled.
View Quote
Yeh and before that some developers bribed game review websites. It's a complicated mess but all you need to know is that the mainstream media attempted to control gamers through the usual political correctness methods.

But you simply can't control those who are politically incorrect.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:22:45 PM EDT
Backlash against sjw bullshit that got spun to appear as garden variety sexism.

And a sign of proof that some of the younger generation hates all the snowflake garbage being pushed today.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:26:15 PM EDT
It has to do with people that didn't have any friends and when using the Konami code they never pushed the select button. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:34:11 PM EDT
When I used to work for a gaming review startup (seriously there were such things) we never took bribes from any game maker.

The only thing we ever got were early releases of gold candidates and trips to dev HQs to play games onsite.

Our money came from ad views. Of course, I left the scene in 2000 and then didn't keep track of what happened afterward.

We were competing neck and neck with IGN for quite a while.
Top Top