Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2012 7:01:27 AM EDT
I found some cool tutorials on how to make CMP birch Garand stocks look decent that involved leather dye. I'm wondering where I can locally find such a thing.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Google tandy leather company.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#2]
As for local...give the shoe/ boot/  leather repair shop a shot.  It's what they do for a living.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1 not sure if one is local to your area but they carry about a 100 different dye colors
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1

If you can find a local store, even better. They always have cheap remnants that you can make a lot of good stuff from.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Fiebing's is my go-to leather dye. A local general store sells it but it's available on-line.

I keep black, med and dark brown on hand. On leather it is very durable, much more so than the national brands. It's also alcohol based so it soaks in and dries quickly. You can thin it with denatured alcohol too.

Goodness knows how many stocks I done with it with great results every time. In fact I used the med-brown (thinned) just last week to match-up some birch HGs to the birch stock on a Garand I was selling.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I think hobby places like Michael's and Hobby Lobby might have some.  I have seen leather working stuff at both places.  Probably not a huge selection though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 not sure if one is local to your area but they carry about a 100 different dye colors

Just googled it. There are only three in the state, but one of them is three miles away.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Just googled it. There are only three in the state, but one of them is three miles away.

I love it when a plan comes together.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought some at Hobby Lobby to put on my Jeep fenders.  It was in craft section.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm wondering where I can locally find such a thing.  

Tandy Leather

19th ave, just north of Van Buren.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top