Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2001 5:16:03 PM EDT
Ive got a Bushmaster w/20in HB.  Ive also got a chome (phosphate coating) bolt carrier.  Im wanting to add only the nessecary compoonents to maximize extractor lifespan and overall weapon durability and reliability.

Somethings Im thinking of are
-extractor enhancements (wolf springs)

what else ?  Im not interested in lasers/lights or other gizmos.

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably the best AR-15 accessories to stock up on are magazines and ammunition.  I've built many different AR's over the years.  When I started I added gizmos like ambi-safeties, whiz-bang pistol grips, HK type slings, tritium night sights etc.

However, I've found that a well maintained stock/rack grade AR-15 with GOOD magazines and plenty of ammo to practice with is the best.

My personal favorite is my stock Bushmaster Dissapator.  It runs well, shoots dead on at mechanical zero and doesn't skip a beat with good mags.

If you want to hang a lot of useless shit on a weapon - get an SKS, a Ramline stock, a bipod, a Leaper scope, some Martian blaster looking muzzle brake and an extended magazine.[flame]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I would vote for a two stage trigger.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Probably the best AR-15 accessories to stock up on are magazines and ammunition.  I've built many different AR's over the years.  When I started I added gizmos like ambi-safeties, whiz-bang pistol grips, HK type slings, tritium night sights etc.

However, I've found that a well maintained stock/rack grade AR-15 with GOOD magazines and plenty of ammo to practice with is the best.

My personal favorite is my stock Bushmaster Dissapator.  It runs well, shoots dead on at mechanical zero and doesn't skip a beat with good mags.

If you want to hang a lot of useless shit on a weapon - get an SKS, a Ramline stock, a bipod, a Leaper scope, some Martian blaster looking muzzle brake and an extended magazine.[flame]
View Quote

All that gizmo stuff is exactly what im NOT looking to add.

Now my list has two things on it:
- enhanced extractor
- one piece gas ring
- 5 million cases of black hills 52gr moly

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top