Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2001 10:19:01 AM EDT
I have a flattop M4gery, with swan sleeve and flip up front and rear sights.

It s preban, so I've also got the tele stock.

I'm STRONGLY considering going with the Trijicon 4 x 32 (anyone got a picture of the reticle??)

The $800 the trijicon is going to set me back is DEFINATELY the upper limit of my budget.

I'm looking for a fixed power between 3 and 6 that would also be useful for CQB.  This is my SHTF tool.

Does the trijicon cost more than it is worth?? Am I not thinking of any other possbile scopes??

I'd REALLY like to see a pic of the reticle, if anone has one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I would strongly urge you to actually look  at the 4x32 trijicon in person before you buy it.  I picked one up from swafa last week (lucky me they still had it on sale), and I really like it.  What I have found though is that not everybody does.  My buddy doesn't particularly care for the optics (he wears glasses, and can't get a clear sight).  I've shot 2" groups with it (wilson tacticle), and I can't wait to get it up north to some home ranges for longer distances. My .02
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a Trijicon ACOG and while it was very clear and accurate, I found the eye relief wasn't to my liking.  For a carbine, I would reccommend an Aimpoint Comp M.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're doing real CQB work, you may want to reconsider a 3-6 power scope.  Most operators use iron sights or a red dot sight for CQB.  The SOPMOD kits contain M68 (Aimpoint Comp M) and the Reflex sight.  Marines have found the Reflex has a tendency to fog coming from a wet environment.  

I have heard glowing reports from operators about the new Aimpoint Comp M 2 but have not seen one yet.  

Most of the time the ACOG scope in the SOPMOD kit is saved for the "green" missions such as patrolling.  

Give some thought to what you really want the rifle to do.  If you decide you need the extra magnification, you should check out both the ELCAN and the ACOG.  If possible, barrow one from a buddy or at least take a look at both.

If you really want a CQB sight, you can't go wrong with the Comp M.  Ask 'em about the M2.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Aimpoint on mine and love it! [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Aimpoint comp-m 3 moa dot w/ ARMS quick release mount, dot is at the same level fixed sights would be, around $400. total.

Next Tasco Super Sniper 10X, 16X, 20X(MY CHOICE) with ARMS low mount quick release 30 mm rings again around $400. total.

My M-4 is equipped with modified ARMS #17 mount with NVPS-10 3rd+ gen behind the comp m.

What is great with the above options, is that they all are on the same plain as would be fixed sights, thus easy to use, and the repeat zero of ARMS rings and mounts make it all worth while!

I USE ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED, BEAT THEM TO HELL AND BACK, AND THEY FUNCTION FLAWLESSLY!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#6]
AIMPOINT. Model of your choice.  Keeps it simple and light.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Leupold 1.5-5X illiminated
ACOG 3.5 TA011
ACOG 4X TAO1
REFLEX 12.5 MOA triangle
Aimpoint M2
EO Techs Holoscope
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Forgot the new mini ACOGs
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#9]
on my m4 copy - i have a #38 swan sleeve ex with a 2x compact acog on a #19a throw mount -

i have fudged around with alot of set ups and this is the one i like the best.  light, fast no batteries.  rapid iron sight back up and it looks cool too :-)

i have tried the ta01, ta31, holosight, reflex, tr21, ta01nsn, bushnell "sn4" type scope and the carry handle of course!!!!!

steve
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Andreusan is right about one thing.  Mount a NV system on quick release rings behind your Comp M and you have a 24 hour system.  (Get the Comp M with the 2 intensity settings for NV.)  I like the ITT 6015 (civilian version of the AN/PVS14).  Its pricey but it works ALOT better than the Russian stuff I've seen.  With GG&G rings it can fit either on the AR or on a headmount.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top