Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2003 2:42:17 AM EDT
cheep good battle rifle
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Well.... you might want ot be a bit more specific.

Using your generic guidelines, I'd shoot for an SKS or AK.

The SKS can be had for as low as $150. uses plentiful 7.62x39 ammo. Most come with a bayonet. only drawback is the fixed magazine. IF you want detachable mags, go with an AK. But, along with the detachable mags comes other legal obligations.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:18:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
What type? Semi or bolt? If you want a bolt gun, a Mauser is a good way to go. usually ~$100, and .8mm is cheap and easy. Moisin Negants (and thier clones) are even cheaper to obtain and feed, but I don't care for them.

My choice would be an enfield personally, but they generally cost more to feed.

If your talking semi then AK, SKS, or garand would be a good choice. There was a french semi on the market a few years ago- real ugly, but it got good reviews. But then again, it was french so it probably was rude and unreliable, while maintaining a pretentious condecending attitude!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Well... at least we all agree on one point...

You need to be more specific. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Were you planning to actually shoot this battle rifle?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top