User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:59:36 AM EDT
i am going to say

the "sermon on the mount"
by Carl Heinrich Bloch.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#1]
out of concideration for others, i'm not goign to post the pics, But i personally think the Jesus/Barret 50 is pretty darn funny.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
If I were to post what I think is the most inspiring picture of Christ, I would be banned, hunted down, and killed, most likely.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If I were to post what I think is the most inspiring picture of Christ, I would be banned, hunted down, and killed, most likely.

Banned?

Hah!

You'd probably be made a moderator, if not staff.......
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I have yet to see a picture of Christ so I cant say. There are no pictures of Jesus IMHO. Many man made iterpretations butI will stop here as this thread isnt about that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i personally think the Jesus/Barret 50 is pretty darn funny.

I dont know why

But i like it to
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]

I like this one.  Notice there is no door knob.  You have to let Christ into your home, your family and your life.

btw, drop me an IM if you want the pic with the 50 cal.  I have it.  I'm not offended by it but then again, it's not the most tasteful of pictures.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i personally think the Jesus/Barret 50 is pretty darn funny.

I dont know why

But i like it to

Ok...screw it. You guys like it too. So, i present for your viewing pleasure, a gift form the heavens:

The Iraqis here will do paintings for $50. I wonder if having that pic made into a painting woudl be reserving a seat in hell....
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not a picture but a sculpture by Rodin called The Christ and the Magdelene

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:57:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Two thoughts:

If you believe in God and Jesus as revealed in the Bible, you probably believe that God is able to communicate to man in any way He chooses.  In the light of this, the fact that there are no divinely-inspired pictures of Jesus (such as you might concievably find in the Bible) ought to make you wonder whether God wants us "visualize" Him in this way.

Second, is a picture the best way to know a person?  I might see a picture of an individual, but unless I READ descriptions of that person's character, or READ something which that person has written or transcriptions of something they said, I can't really KNOW the person.  If I want to really know someone, I need to read a letter from them or talk to them in person or on the phone.

My point is simply that, while pictures seem nice, they can actually get in the way of getting to know who Jesus is or having communion with Him personally.  It is possible that a person can look at a picture, get a nice warm religious feeling, and never seek to know Him personally.

Just some thoughts.

(BTW, the most disturbing thing about the "picture" of Jesus with the Barrett 50 isn't the Barrett 50, but the absence of the cross.  Without the cross, we are alone and without hope in the world (Ephesians 2:12).  JMHO.)
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
(BTW, the most disturbing thing about the "picture" of Jesus with the Barrett 50 isn't the Barrett 50, but the absence of the cross.  Without the cross, we are alone and without hope in the world (Ephesians 2:12).  JMHO.)

Maybe a cross in one arm, and the barrett in the other.

Look at Cali..... no .50's, and no hope. lol...

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I understand what you are saying.

But , how i look at it
1.Jesus already paid the price on the cross, that part is done.
2.He is not on that cross anymore.
3. I think God has a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
out of concideration for others, i'm not goign to post the pics, But i personally think the Jesus/Barret 50 is pretty darn funny.

+1 Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is one of my favorites:
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you mean portrait? I don't think anyone's got a picture of him.

I'll say "The Last Supper" by DaVinci

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Not trying to troll here , but this one from the
Saab turbo ad back in the 90's always made me chuckle .

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

www.artchive.com/artchive/l/leonardo/lastsupp.jpg

Who is the woman in the painting?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.artchive.com/artchive/l/leonardo/lastsupp.jpg

Who is the woman in the painting?

Some say it is Mary Magdaline, others say it is just the way DaVinci drew "men of honor" for that time period.  Meaning that "men of honor" received more femine looking features to make them stand out more.

Or something like that..............

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#18]
The most moving sculpture....
Shows His humanity, his suffering and His sacrafice for us all.

PS-In the Last Supper, the woman is Jesus' mother. Davinci's wanted to convey His mother's love for Him by being present at His last meal. It is said the artist only wanted to add his own idea of what it might have been like. Read it in college in art history. Will see if I can find a link on the net somewhere if anyone is interested.

There are many artist's depictions of the Last Supper. Davinci is just one. Here is another by Pinacoteca Nazionale, Siena. No woman is included.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#20]
There is a picture at Church that I really like.

It's a modern painting of Jesus laughing.

A "I just heard a darn funny joke, toss your head back and let out a good laugh" laugh.

I always thought Jesus would have liked a good joke. He loved to visit people and make others happy.  

For some reason however, it pisses a lot of the regualr members off. I guess it's better to picture Jesus nailed to the Cross rather than enjoying life.

Av.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
img299.imageshack.us/img299/538/jc1kk.png

Christ is showing us an example of poor trigger discipline, however I think it
can be excused this one time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Easy answer:

An empty cross:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
i am going to say

the "sermon on the mount"
by Carl Heinrich Bloch.

"..Here me...go forth and multiply, speak softly, but carry a big stick, and remember....two in the chest, and one in the head..."
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:16:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#25]
At Forest Lawn, Glendale CA there is a wonderful sculpture of Jesus talking with children, and they are all smiling..He is laughing.  

One of the nicest pieces of three dimensional art I've ever seen :)

Gwen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top