Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/9/2005 8:21:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 8:28:18 PM EDT by mobius]
just about every ad that I have ever read, it always reads "only 200 rounds fired". there has to be some people that believe that, because the rifle gets sold............so fess up, how many of you actually believe that horseshit? and what is it about the number 200? personally I wouldn't buy a gun from anybody who puts a ad like that in, because it will more then likely turn out to be a shot out peice of shit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:22:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mobius:
just about every ad that I have ever read, it always reads "only 200 rounds fired". there has to be some people that believe that, because the rifle gets sold............so fess up, how many of you actually believe this horseshit?

And your GF was a virgin.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:24:22 PM EDT
When I sold my old AR in EE I listed it as 400 rounds fired, which if anything is more than I actually fired.

Sorry
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:28:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:37:08 PM EDT
I believe it.

Lots of people buy something because the read it was cool on the net.

Use it once, become disinterested and then sell it off.

See it all the time with guns and guitar gear.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:37:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DigDug:

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

just about every ad that I have ever read, it always reads "only 200 rounds fired". there has to be some people that believe that, because the rifle gets sold............so fess up, how many of you actually believe this horseshit?

And she said you were "The Best".

And she said she's never done anything like this before.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:39:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 8:41:05 PM EDT by WildBoar]

just about every ad that I have ever read, it always reads "only 200 rounds fired". there has to be some people that believe that, because the rifle gets sold............so fess up, how many of you actually believe that horseshit? and what is it about the number 200? personally I wouldn't buy a gun from anybody who puts a ad like that in, because it will more then likely turn out to be a shot out peice of shit.

Same reason drunks always say " I only drank 2 beers"?

Or they are telling the truth. 200 rounds is about right for one to tell if they like it or not.

I have only 120 rounds through my AR, if I sell the upper, I will say that it if asked. I tried to like the M4 platform / bandwagon. I just didnt like it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:40:11 PM EDT
I had (BTBA- Before Tragic Boating Accident) a m38 that I had never fired. Just haven't had time.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:46:21 PM EDT
It depends...

I am selling a CETME locally with less than 100 rounds through it.

When it comes to uppers, however, I would pretty much triple whatever count they give me unless they honestly say it was just test fired.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:49:14 PM EDT
from what i see of a alot of gun OWNERS (not shooters)
thats probably about right for the newness to wear off and want to get something else
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:49:42 PM EDT
I've bought and sold a number of guns, and the only way you'll get treated right is by being honest about the number of rounds fired through your weapon. Be honest-expect honesty back.

Worked so far.

HH
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:51:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HighStrung1:

HS1

And she said yours was the biggest.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:54:02 PM EDT

One time I had a major AK rifle failure and posted about it on the AK board here. While over at the eevil AK board (I won't mention names) gathering more info about it, I saw they started a thread about it and linked to it here. Some of the major AK (im)posters with the same model suddenly admitted they had less than 300 rds through their AK. They were full of shit with all their firearms expertise, but it took my busted rifle thread to get them to admit it.

So yes, if they are not Arfcom members they can have a gun for five years and only have 200 rds through it. On other gun boards that still makes them an “expert.”
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:57:29 PM EDT
I am so anal retentive I keep a gun log for everyfirearm. Not only can i tell you how many rounds were fired, but on what dates, what ammo brand and type, when the rifle was cleaned, with what cleaning and lubrication products, and what parts have been replaced.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:57:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Robert2011:
One time I had a major AK rifle failure and posted about it on the AK board here. While over at the eevil AK board (I won't mention names) gathering more info about it, I saw they started a thread about it and linked to it here. Some of the major AK (im)posters with the same model suddenly admitted they had less than 300 rds through their AK. They were full of shit with all their firearms expertise, but it took my busted rifle thread to get them to admit it.

So yes, if they are not Arfcom members they can have a gun for five years and only have 200 rds through it. On other gun boards that still makes them an “expert.”

I dont think rounds downrange makes an expert. I know plenty of folks who have countless tens of thousands of rounds down range and are no brighter than the first time shooter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:59:40 PM EDT
Holy cow. 200 rounds is an average day at the range for just one firearm.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 9:02:36 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]
I've sold many that only about 200 rounds fired. Probably why I sold the thing in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:04:02 PM EDT
I currenlty have a rifle listed with 500 rounds through it. I can account for all of those rounds based on the number of magazines I fired through it and types of ammunition.

Although I did not do it with that particular rifle, another one I own has a log book, and I would even supply that with the rifle if selling it.

But for me, at least when buying, used is used. I don't care if the guy claims 200 or 2,000 rounds, I just assume it will not be as accurate and that it may need some stuff replaced sooner.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:07:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John91498:

HS1

And you made her orgasm multiple times.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:20:04 PM EDT

And she said she's never done anything like this before. hock.gif HS1

And she said yours was the biggest. hr

And you made her orgasm multiple times. hr

And she said she was in love
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:25:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jixxerbeast:

HS1

And you're the one for her.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:45:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jixxerbeast:

HS1

And you're the one for her.

And you were better then your brother or dad.
Top Top