Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2007 8:55:03 PM EDT
ive read of some people buying rifles / handguns for their father or grandfather, stuff like that.

my mother took a week trip to florida one time, i stripped all the wall paper in her bathroom and repainted it all, put in a new light fixture...

another time she went to coasta rica for two weeks, before her plane even landed i had ripped out the shrubs in front of her house, removed the falling apart rock retaining walls, put in a new block retaining wall on both sides of her house that wrapped around the front, put rock inside of it, new shrubs / bulbs / rose bushes... it made the house look 90% better in under 8 hours, less than 700 in materials + paying 2 friends to help.  

i was pretty proud of doing all of this, shes always the one helping other people and getting nothing in return.

what have you done for your parents?
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I got married, does that count?
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I failed college.

~GnSx
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
This was my best "Surprise" ever .....

Link Posted: 4/12/2007 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I built my dad an AR for his birthday next month, he has no idea about it and he is going to be excited. Best present I have ever given him
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my folks a lawn/garden tractor for their 50th anniversary.

Link Posted: 4/12/2007 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I always like to prank my dad. Last weekend I unscrewed his shower-head and put a chicken boullion cube in it. I called him later that night and asked him how he was. He said he was cooking chicken soup.... he just had a craving for it...
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I always like to prank my dad. Last weekend I unscrewed his shower-head and put a chicken boullion cube in it. I called him later that night and asked him how he was. He said he was cooking chicken soup.... he just had a craving for it...

LMAO my friends use to put kool-aid packets in the shower heads. my friend had a party, and wondered why everyone ran past him with wrenches yelling "go blue team go!"

he found out when he took a shower the next morning
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
got arrested
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Last year for my Mom's birthday we had a hardbound book of family photos printed for her.  For my Dad's birthday, we presented him with an M-1 Garand.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Didnt get hurt in Iraq........mom was very surprised
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I got married, does that count?

Me too. I wished I had surprised them some other way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Two things, for mother's day:

1. Took mom for a ride in an old Civil Air Patrol plane (year and model escapes me), while I followed in a buddy's 1946 Piper cub. She liked that.

2. When we lived in California, my (now) brother in law and I drove up to the mountains in our pickups and packed them both (8' beds) as high as we could with snow. We then broke all kinds of traffic laws on the way back, and hauled ass for my folk's house. Each of us ended up losing about half the load, I think. We backed onto the front lawn and dumped the snow right in the middle of the lawn.

Why? She missed the snow.

The great thing is, there were neighborhood kids who had never seen snow in their lives. No joke. And the best part? It took 15 minutes before the first kid creamed somebody with a snowball. It must be genetic.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Sent em to Vegas all expenses paid...about 6 weeks ago
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#14]
25th Wedding Party...

ETS: that was 15+ years ago when they thought my wife and I were ok
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I was conceived. Surprised the shit out of them when they found out they were pregnant.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Got a job, moved out, went to college, never asked for a dime.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Survived.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#18]
moved out
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:38:41 AM EDT
[#19]
i gave my Dad a Jeep for Father's Day, a couple years back.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6897/willys460pl.jpg
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:43:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I got a sweet Colt SP-1 for my Dad.....  that I'm keeping....

It was going to be a suprise, I just didn't follow though.  

Maybe I'll give it to him still - I bet ultimately I'd get it back.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I got a sweet Colt SP-1 for my Dad.....  that I'm keeping....
It was going to be a suprise, I just didn't follow though.  
Maybe I'll give it to him still - I bet ultimately I'd get it back.

Aren't we sick?
I bought my dad an M1A, he's wanted one as long as I can remember, but was never willing to spend the money.
Everytime I think of getting one for myself, I decide that a.) I can just borrow his, and b.) I'll have one, one day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:57:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Not something I did, but but when I was 18, my twin borther came in at dinner and sheepishly asked my dad what he thought about becoming a grandfather.

Everyone got real quiet and dad looked at a wall and said "Is there something you'd like to announce?"

My brother said "Yeah, Heather (our married sister who was vacationing in Australia) called and said she's pregnant!"

That was pretty  funny
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I cleaned the bathroom for mom once, when I was 17.  Cleaned it really good, with bleach, and then did a load of clothes... also with bleach.  The whole house smelled clean and fresh when she got home.

And I mopped the bathroom floor... you guessed it... with soap and bleach.

She still braggs to this day what a thoughtful boy I was.  

Never got around to tellin' her that I was cleaning up from shooting the cat in the bathroom.  

A few years ago I suprised my dad by taking him on a hunting trip to Alaska.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I cleaned the bathroom for mom once, when I was 17.  Cleaned it really good, with bleach, and then did a load of clothes... also with bleach.  The whole house smelled clean and fresh when she got home.

And I mopped the bathroom floor... you guessed it... with soap and bleach.

She still braggs to this day what a thoughtful boy I was.  

Never got around to tellin' her that I was cleaning up from shooting the cat in the bathroom.  

A few years ago I suprised my dad by taking him on a hunting trip to Alaska.

WTF?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:44:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

is that supposed to be some kind of weird, perveted expression, or did you literally put a bullet in a cat's head in your freakin bathroom?

details!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#26]

WTF?

We had a feral cat in the bathroom... bit and scratched me... once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top