Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2008 2:06:15 PM EDT
Besides start some riots and blow themselves up?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a video of their crimes and who they are

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxoiZdBSi-g&e

Obama says he's got such superior judgement for never having to vote on Iraq, but his judgment of whom he chooses to associate with and be sponsored by doesn't indicate good judgment at all.  If anything, it indicates that he is a useful vessel for radical Leftists and anti-Americans to influence American government.  He has to be stopped.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The OP might mean a meteorologist?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's only Wiki, but here you go...

I am not very fond of terrorists.

I saw that, but it doesn't go into the bombings I keep hearing about.  What did they bomb, besides themselves?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's only Wiki, but here you go...

I am not very fond of terrorists.

I saw that, but it doesn't go into the bombings I keep hearing about.  What did they bomb, besides themselves?

Did you just ignore my post or something?  It lists their crimes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Leftist idiots.

Somebody from Oregon confirm this for me (been a long tome since I went there) but

Supposedly, at U. of Oregon, they were the ones responsible for dynamiting a university building that collpsed into the basement: problem was they chose the music department building to blow up.  

It didn't win them much support. Funny thing is: the leaders mentioned in the Wiki above have not really renounced violence.  They have not really renounced communism either.  

These are dangerous folks!  I'd feel better if they were all in jail.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here's a video of their crimes and who they are

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxoiZdBSi-g&e

Obama says he's got such superior judgement for never having to vote on Iraq, but his judgment of whom he chooses to associate with and be sponsored by doesn't indicate good judgment at all.  If anything, it indicates that he is a useful vessel for radical Leftists and anti-Americans to influence American government.  He has to be stopped.

Thank you. If a man is known by the company he keeps, and in Obama's case that company is comprised of people that are virulently anti-American and have been actively committed to the overhtrow of our government, I'm quite sure that man doesn't need to be our President.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Bernardine Dohrn graduated from the same HS as I did only about 4 or 5 years ahead of me.. All the Weatherman and SDS crap was a big deal when I was just getting into HS.  Their was a shoot out in Milwaukee too but I can't remember which outfit it was. And then the bombing of the science or math building in Madison WI  that killed a guy that was in the building. The guys that did that fled to Canada and were caught .  Revolutionary Anarchists is what they are..  Now they teach in the Universities of the country and spread the commie crap all around.

Sterling Hall bombing
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
 Revolutionary Anarchists is what they are..  Now they teach in the Universities of the country and spread the commie crap all around.

It's just sickening.  I hate the Left.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Blowing up police cars and police stations?  Hell, I'll quote it for the folks too lazy to click the link:

* June 1969 – The "Action Faction" of the SDS releases a detailed statement of their political ideology in the official SDS newspaper New Left Notes. This essay concludes with the quotation "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," which gives rise to its adherents being called "Weathermen." The quote came from the Bob Dylan song "Subterranean Homesick Blues".

* 18-22 June, 1969 – The SDS National Convention, held in Chicago, Illinois, sees the organization collapse as a student group and the Weathermen seizing control of the SDS National Office. Henceforth any activity run from the SDS National Office is Weatherman controlled.

* July, 1969 – Bernardine Dohrn, Eleanor Raskin, Dianne Donghi, Peter Clapp, David Millstone and Diana Oughton, all representing the Weathermen, travel to Cuba where they meet with representatives of the North Vietnamese and Cuban governments.

* August 1969 – Weatherman member Linda Sue Evans travels to North Vietnam. Weatherman activists meet in Cleveland, Ohio, for the purpose of making final plans for their "National Action" or "Days of Rage" protests scheduled to be held in Chicago in October, 1969.

* 4 September 1969 – Weather women members from various parts of the country converge on South Hills High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where they run through the school shouting anti-war slogans and distributing literature promoting the "National Action." The term "Pittsburgh 26" refers to the 26 women arrested in connection with this incident.

* 24 September 1969 – A group of Weatherman members become involved in a confrontation with Chicago Police when they refuse to clear a street during a demonstration supporting the "National Action," and protesting the commencement of an Anti-riot Act trial against eight individuals charged with initiating the riots in connection with the 1968 Democratic National Convention.

* 7 October 1969 – The Haymarket Police Statue is bombed in Chicago, Illinois apparently as a "kickoff" for the "Days of Rage" riots in the city October 8-11, 1969. No suspects are developed in this matter. The Weathermen later claim credit for the bombing in their book, "Prairie Fire."

* 8 October-11, 1969 – The "Days of Rage" riots occur in Chicago in which 287 Weatherman members from throughout the country were arrested and a large amount of property damage was done. Some of the current underground WUO members became fugitives when they failed to appear for trial in connection with their arrests during these four days.

* November-December, 1969 – The first contingent of the Venceremos Brigade (VB) departs for Cuba to harvest sugar cane. A small number of Weatherman members participate in this trip.

* 6 December 1969 – Several Chicago Police cars parked in a precinct parking lot at 3600 North Halsted Street, Chicago, are bombed. The WUO stated in their book "Prairie Fire" that they had perpetrated the explosion to protest the shooting deaths of the Illinois Black Panther Party leaders Fred Hampton and Mark Clark on 4 December 1969, by police officers.

* 27 December-31, 1969 – The Weathermen hold a "War Council" meeting in Flint, Michigan, where they finalize their plans to submerge into an underground status from which they plan to commit strategic acts of sabotage against the government. Thereafter they are called the "Weather Underground Organization" (WUO).

* February, 1970 – The WUO closes the SDS National Office in Chicago, concluding the major campus-based organization of the 1960s. The first contingent of the VB returns from Cuba and the second contingent departs. By mid-February the bulk of the leading WUO members submerge into an underground status.

* 13 February 1970 - Several police vehicles of the Berkeley, California, Police Department are bombed in the police parking lot.

* 16 February 1970 – A bomb is detonated at the Golden Gate Park branch of the San Francisco Police Department, killing one officer and injuring a number of other policemen. No organization claims credit for either bombing.

* March, 1970 – Several underground WUO members become federal fugitives when they unlawfully flee to avoid prosecution; warrants are issued in connection with their failure to appear for trial in Chicago.

* 6 March 1970 – 34 sticks of dynamite are discovered in the 13th Police District of the Detroit, Michigan police bombing. During February and early March, 1970, members of the WUO, led by Bill Ayers, are reported to be in Detroit, during that period, for the purpose of bombing a police facility.

* 6 March 1970 – Another group blows themselves up when their "bomb factory" located in New York's Greenwich Village accidentally explodes. WUO members Theodore Gold, Diana Oughton, and Terry Robbins die in this accident. The bomb was intended to be planted at a non-commissioned officer's dance at Fort Dix, New Jersey. The bomb was packed with nails to inflict maximum casualties upon detonation.

* 30 March 1970 – Chicago Police discover a WUO "bomb factory" on Chicago's north side. A subsequent discovery of a WUO "weapons cache" in a south side Chicago apartment several days later ends WUO activity in the city.

* April, 1970 – WUO members Linda Sue Evans and Dianne Donghi are arrested in New York by the FBI.

* 2 April 1970 – A federal grand jury in Chicago returns a number of indictments charging WUO members with violation of federal anti-riot laws. Also, a number of additional federal warrants charging "unlawful flight to avoid prosecution" are returned in Chicago based on the failure of WUO members to appear for trial in local cases. (The Anti-riot Law charges were later dropped in January, 1974.)

* 10 May 1970 – The National Guard Association building in Washington, D.C. was bombed to protest the National Guard killings of four students at Kent State in Ohio.

* 21 May 1970 – The WUO under Bernardine Dohrn's name releases its "Declaration of a State of War" communique.

* 6 June 1970 – The WUO sends a letter claiming credit for bombing of the San Francisco Hall of Justice; however, no explosion actually took place. Months later, workmen in this building located an unexploded device which had apparently been dormant for some time.

* 9 June 1970 - The New York City Police headquarters is bombed by Jane Alpert and others in response to what Weathermen call "police repression."

* 23 July 1970 – A federal grand jury in Detroit, Michigan, returns indictments against a number of underground WUO members and former WUO members charging violations of various explosives and firearms laws. (These indictments were later dropped in October, 1973.)

* 27 July 1970 - The Presidio army base in San Francisco is bombed to mark the 11th anniversary of the Cuban Revolution. [NYT, 7/27/70]

* 12 September 1970 – The WUO helps Dr. Timothy Leary, LSD advocate, break out and escape from the California Men's Colony prison.

* 8 October 1970 - Bombing of Marin County courthouse in retaliation for the killing of Jonathan Jackson, William Christmas, and James McClain. [NYT, 8/10/70]

* 10 October 1970 - A Queens traffic-court building is bombed to express support for the New York prison riots. [NYT, 10/10/70, p. 12]

* 14 October 1970 - The Harvard Center for International Affairs is bombed to protest the war in Vietnam. [NYT, 10/14/70, p. 30]

* December, 1970 – Fugitive WUO member Caroline Tanker, who fled the country for Cuba, is arrested by the FBI in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Fugitive WUO member Judith Alice Clark is arrested by the FBI in New York.

* 1 March 1971 - The United States Capitol is bombed to protest the invasion of Laos. Nixon denounces the bombing as a "shocking act of violence that will outrage all Americans." [NYT, 3/2/71]

* April, 1971 – FBI agents discover an abandoned WUO "bomb factory" in San Francisco, California.

* 29 August, 1971 - Bombing of the Office of California Prisons allegedly in retaliation for the killing of George Jackson. [LAT, 8/29/71]

* 17 September 1971 - The New York Department of Corrections in Albany, New York is bombed to protest the killing of 29 inmates at Attica State Penitentiary. [NYT, 9/18/71]

* 15 October 1971 - The bombing of William Bundy's office in the MIT research center. [NYT, 10/16/71]

* 19 May 1972 - Bombing of The Pentagon in retaliation for the new U.S. bombing raid in Hanoi. [NYT, 5/19/72]

* 18 May 1973 - The bombing of the 103rd Police Precinct in New York in response to the killing of 10-year-old black youth Clifford Glover by police.

* 19 September 1973 – A WUO member is arrested by the FBI in New York. Released on bond, this member again submerges into the underground.

* 28 September 1973 - The ITT headquarters in New York and Rome, Italy are bombed in response to ITT's alleged role in the Chilean coup earlier that month. [NYT, 9/28/73]

* 6 March 1974 - Bombing of the Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare offices in San Francisco to protest alleged sterilization of poor women. In the accompanying communiqué, the Women's Brigade argues for "the need for women to take control of daycare, healthcare, birth control and other aspects of women's daily lives."

* 31 May 1974 - The Office of the California Attorney General is bombed in response to the killing of six members of the Symbionese Liberation Army.

* 17 June 1974 - Gulf Oil's Pittsburgh headquarters is bombed to protest its actions in Angola, Vietnam, and elsewhere.

* July, 1974 – The WUO releases its book Prairie Fire in which they indicate the need for a unified Communist Party. They encourage the creation of study groups to discuss their ideology, but continue to stress the need for violent acts. The book also admits WUO responsibility of several actions from previous years. The Prairie Fire Organizing Committee (PFOC) arises from the teachings in this book and is organized by many former WUO members.

* 11 September 1974 – Bombing of Anaconda Corporation (part of the Rockefeller Corporation) in retribution for Anaconda's alleged involvement in the Chilean coup the previous year.

* 29 January 1975 - Bombing of the State Department in response to escalation in Vietnam. (AP. "State Department Rattled by Blast," The Daily Times-News, January 29 1975, p.1)

* March, 1975 – The WUO releases its first edition of a new magazine entitled Osawatomie.

* 16 June 1975 - Weathermen bomb a Banco de Ponce (a Puerto Rican bank) in New York in solidarity with striking Puerto Rican cement workers.

* 11 July-13, 1975 – The PFOC holds its first national convention during which time they go through the formality of creating a new organization.

* September, 1975 – Bombing of the Kennecott Corporation in retribution for Kennecott's alleged involvement in the Chilean coup two years prior.[30]

* October 20, 1981 - Brinks robbery in which Kathy Boudin and several members of the Weather Underground and the Black Liberation Army stole over $1 million from a Brinks armored car at the Nanuet Mall, near Nyack, New York on October 20, 1981. The robbers were stopped by police later that day and engaged them in a shootout, murdering two police officers and one Brinks guard as well as wounding several others.

It's too early in this thread to snip all of that, which needs more circulation anyway, not less. Now however, according to Obama, Bill Ayers is simply "an English professor." Right, and the Unabomber was just a hermit living alone in a log cabin.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Leftist idiots.

Somebody from Oregon confirm this for me (been a long tome since I went there) but

Supposedly, at U. of Oregon, they were the ones responsible for dynamiting a university building that collpsed into the basement: problem was they chose the music department building to blow up.  

It didn't win them much support. Funny thing is: the leaders mentioned in the Wiki above have not really renounced violence.  They have not really renounced communism either.  

These are dangerous folks!  I'd feel better if they were all in jail dead.

They or their ilk bombed a room I had been in only about 5 hours earlier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top