Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 5:15:10 PM EDT
I just test drove a 2002 GMC Envoy. It was awesome.
Its got a 270hp inline 6 cyl engine and it moves along quite nicely at highway speeds (between 60-85mph). Steering & handling are excellent. Its no longer just a spiffed up GMC Jimmy. Its kinda like a downsized full size Blazer. Bigger/more room than a Jeep Cherokee.
Probably gonna pick it up saturday.

Anybody have one of these or have seen one, what do you think?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a picture of it somewhere?  I rented a Jimmy last year and disliked it.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
We already have a 1997 Jimmy and I personally think its a major peice of shit. Everything about it sucks brakes, engine, transmission, handling, etc. No offense to anybody that might own a Jimmy.

The new Envoy is a completely new vehical. Its only been out a few months.

The engine is a major selling point. Smooth, responsive, very fast for a 6 cyl in a SUV. Its inline 6 cyl has more hp than my 1999 F-150 with the 4.6 V-8. Not sure how the torque compares though. The Envoy is rated to tow 6400 lbs with the 4X4 package.
I'm not sure if the one we picked out has the self leveling suspension or not, I did see it work on another one in the showroom though. Kinda like the air suspension on my Lincoln Mark VIII.

We haven't ironed out the money details but it looks like they aren't doing much discounting on it yet, too new.

I didn't know Chevy also had one, the Trailblazer, I might look there tomorrow.

I'll try to post some pics over the weekend.
For now here's a link to check out:
[url]http://www.gmc.com/envoy/models.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it's Chevy's answer to the Mid-Sized Dodge Dakota...
Saw one at the Philly car show in the spring. Looked pretty nice.

Myself, I prefer a MASSIVE vehicle.
I'll stick with my '97 Chevy Extended Cab Dually with a gas guzzlin 454...[:)]

Like Tim "The Toolman" Taylor would say:
More power, More power, UGH UGH UGH  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Its still a GMC and in 3 years you'll be complaining about its brakes, engine, transmission, handling, etc. Motor trend just tested it along with others in a 48 hour death valley torture test it didn't do to bad but its still a GMC. No long term reliability in GMC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top