Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2004 4:53:13 PM EDT
Everytime it becomes her night to cook I get hamburger-helper or a frozen pizza.   Any of y'all have have any idea how I can fix this problem without hurting her feelings?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
cook with her and help her learn.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I find that a decent backhand to the jaw says volumes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Invite her out to eat....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1  

It's what I do.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
tell her to take cooking classes or take it in the pooper
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had this problem for 13 years.... I just cook more. Well all the time. But she does the dishes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Go in the kitchen and make me a sammich bitch
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a new girlfriend?

Seriously, though, cook with her and help her learn.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Say, "Bitch, you better take your ass down to Micky D's and get me something decent to eat!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Next time it's her night to cook, say you're gonna 'help' her, and show up with all the ingredients fot the hardest meal you think you can pull off. Make sure she enjoys the experience.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I do most of the cooking but some nights after work I really don't have the energy to cook or to teach her.

Oh well......at least this is her only downfall.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Send her to SgtAR15's home for housewives with no skill!

He'll whip her up good and put her on the path to your happiness!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Take her OUT to eat.

mike

That is what we usually do but we are saving up for a trip to Mexico so we have limited ourselves to going out only once a week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Everytime it becomes her night to cook I get hamburger-helper or a frozen pizza.   Any of y'all have have any idea how I can fix this problem without hurting her feelings?

Trust me, you're screwed. If she doesn't know how to cook, she probably won't want to learn and you'll be eating hamburger helper for the rest of your natural life. They either cook or they don't. Period!

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Say, "Bitch, you better take your ass down to Micky D's and get me something decent to eat!"

What makes you think you are going to get something decent there?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1

Stock some decent groceries.

And both of you attending some cooking lessons would be a good & fun way to do it. If you just buy her a cookbook or hand her lessons, it's more likely to be misconstrued as merely Criticism.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Get married! To someone else....

Edited to take the "mean" out.

If she is worth it cook for her all the time.

MT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#20]
People eat in?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

yep, make dates out of "cooking a meal for her" then make her help you ... she'll learn
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me, you're screwed. If she doesn't know how to cook, she probably won't want to learn and you'll be eating hamburger helper for the rest of your natural life. They either cook or they don't. Period!

+1          
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess the important question is ... can she do dishes?

Then you can volunteer to cook while she cleans up. That would be a close third, lead only by 1) her cooking excellent meals AND doing the dishes, and 2) her cooking excellent meals and at least helping with cleanup.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Then you can volunteer to cook while she cleans up. That would be a close third, lead only by 1) her cooking excellent meals AND doing the dishes, and 2) her cooking excellent meals and at least helping with cleanup.

She does do the dishes, laundry, dusting, vacuming and washing the floor so I guess I need to quit while I am ahead.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Everytime it becomes her night to cook I get hamburger-helper or a frozen pizza. Any of y'all have have any idea how I can fix this problem without hurting her feelings?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted :: 9/2/2004 9:02:
Unfortunately, he's probably right. I've been having the same problem for 7 years and I don't see it getting any better. Some women have it and some don't. Her mom's not much of a cook either, so
she never really had anyone to learn from. My mom's an excellent cook and would teach my wife all she knows but she's not really interested in learning. It sucks having to cook it yourself or go to your mom's house everytime you want a good meal! Good luck Brother, I feel your pain!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Get a new girlfriend?

Best advice I've seen in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She does do the dishes, laundry, dusting, vacuming and washing the floor so I guess I need to quit while I am ahead.

Sounds about right to me. On the plus side, if you cook your own food, it's harder for her to poison you when she decides to get rid of you.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a new girlfriend?

Best advice I've seen in this thread.

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
tell her to take cooking classes or take it in the pooper

You forgot to threaten her with pooper pics on ARFCOM...

CW
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#31]
You think you have it bad, I do all the cooking and dish washing.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

"Let's just be friends."
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
...what's this taking turns shit.........when's her turn to work on the car.......generation gap I guess.

Tj

+1

Also, If you picked her for her bustline and she can cook in the bedroom, what's the problem? I can cook, but I need HER to provide the boobies.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1          

+2

My wife thinks the oven only has an "on/off" switch.  She tries to cook everything on "high", then cries when it burns.  The plus side is that my daughters have all learned to cook, it was either that or starve.

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#35]
in my house, if I wanna eat, I cook....she's usually "busy" watching oprah or trading spaces

the only things my wife know how to cook wither come out of a box or end in "casserole"

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
She's a winner!

Married my wife, she couldn't boil water.  She learned from my mother, grandmother, and my best friends mom who owned a resturant.  

Damn, can she cook now and just the way I like it not the way her mom likes it.

Tell what you like and how you like it and ask her to learn.

BTW, what's this taking turns shit.........when's her turn to work on the car.......generation gap I guess.

Tj

Women's Lib.
Should explain it all right there.
"Chores such as cooking, cleaning, changing diapers, shopping, etc. should be evenly divided between the man and the woman."  Something they always preach about.
However, worthy to note that mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, changing oil in the car, fixing flat tires, chopping wood for those that have stoves, household repairs of ALL kinds still clearly and 100% fall under the "man's" job.

Go figure.

Basically, womens lib equals dump off half of your chores on the male without picking up any of his.

Me, I can cook. I can clean. I know how to do laundry, change diapers, "shopping" (used in the male form, definately not the "go up and down every isle to find you "need" more shit than you came for" women's style), etc. So....
If my future (highly unlikely) wife wants me to do those chores, she better learn how to mow the lawn, re-wire a switch/light fixture, repair busted drywall, build the deck, chop wood, take out the trash, etc. because it's either going to be even, or not at all. Fair mean FAIR in my book.

Team work as defined by me is: you do your share of the work, I'll do mine. Not I do my share of the work and "help" you do yours.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#37]
got the same problem, bro and Ive decided it is better to have one who can't cook, than it is to have one who cant/ won't give it up

she stays
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#38]
[cartman]Get your bitch ass in the kitchen, and make me a PIE![/cartman]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Watch the food network with her, and suggest you should try some of the stuff together....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Slap the bitch up.

Then shorten the chain between her and the stove.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#41]
 If she can't cook and that is about her only fault, I would accept it. My wife can't really cook and doesn't keep house that great but is a great mom, doesn't run things up on the credit cards, and is always willing to slip me some pie.
 Can't have everything. Of course I've had GF's who were great and could cook. You have to weigh it out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I find that a decent backhand to the jaw says volumes.

Shhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
That was funny as hell in a JOKING KINDA WAY!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Take her out and eat at the Y.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Ask her, "Well, what did you weld for dinner tonght?"

Then apply a thawed steak to your eye to reduce the swelling. I recommend a KC strip.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Make it a competition.  The loser has to give the other one sex.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#46]
You could sign yourself up for a cooking class (before hand, pretend to become interested in culinary arts). After a day or two of going to class, tell her how great and fun it is. Ask her to go with you the next day and be playful, mess around and have fun with her.

Geez, just talking about this is making me want to get a gf and do the above! mmmm nice warm buns...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#47]
post pics and we will tell you if she is worth keeping around.

If a girl looks really good I wouldn't care if she could cook, if she doesnt look so good she better be able to do laundry, cook.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#49]

Women's Lib.
Should explain it all right there.
"Chores such as cooking, cleaning, changing diapers, shopping, etc. should be evenly divided between the man and the woman." Something they always preach about.
However, worthy to note that mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, changing oil in the car, fixing flat tires, chopping wood for those that have stoves, household repairs of ALL kinds still clearly and 100% fall under the "man's" job.

Go figure.

Basically, womens lib equals dump off half of your chores on the male without picking up any of his.

I personally have taken offense by this. Not all women are like this who agree with womens lib. I do all of the "chores" listed as womans work. I also mow, take the trash out, do all household repairs. I make the appts and make sure the cars get worked on. I could do it, but with doing everything else, I don't have the time. And I still have energy at night for him to get some pie.  If ya got a woman like you mentioned, get a new one! one who will share the responsibilty.

OP.. teach her to cook, it can be done.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#50]
You might try getting her a cookbook.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top