Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2001 6:09:12 PM EDT
first, i asked if they waould do transfers. they said yes for 20 bucks, but theirs a list of no-no guns, dont even need to tell you what those are. this is what i expected from a national chain type store.

aside from that, they pleased me vary much. the people were acually nice, (unlike the only other gunshop around here). they had a good pistol selection. these caught my eye :

nib HK USP45 - $645, cheaper than the usp9 !?!

nib Beretta 92 brigider(sp?) - $600,

nib Desert Eagle 50AE- $799, not sure if thats a deal or no

springfeild armory 1911 standard- $500, this was new or like new, as it was in prestine condiction

these are what i been thinking for next purchase. i will proly buy from this store. i have got sevral guns their and they always treat me right. im not sure if i like the 92f, and i would only get the DE if thats a really good deal. other the big one is 1911 vs USP. i know hte USP is the more avvanced gun, but hte 1911 is 150 cheaper, and has a sort of cool vintage romance about it, opposed to the HKs modern cutting edge cool. any thoughts on this.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Matt, find a gun store that doesn't have a "bad gun" list, and even if they charge more for the transfer, use them.  Also make a point to tell the management at the chain store that #1, you'll not be shopping there anymore, and #2, you feel so strongly about it that you're spending MORE to do your shopping somewhere else.

If you don't vote with your feed AND let them know you do, we're going to lose this war.

Oh, and get the 1911.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Look for another FFL holder or shop. My shop charges me $20 for whatever I need transfered, including "evil" guns.

Fuck em. Look around, it took me awhile to find this shop, but it was worth it.

And giving money to people who are afraid of "evil" guns will only make the problem worse.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
yah, i know what you mean, but this isnt a urban area, thats one of just a handfull of dealers within 2 hrs of my location. most are small timers who will do any transfer i want, but have no selection of guns thier, thats the only reason i tolerate " no evil gun having" scheels. its all i got where i can acually touch the guns, except the gunshow which comes about never.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
mattsd,
How do you feel about buying sight unseen?  Go fondle the guns at Scheels, then order one from a place like Southern Ohio Guns.  My FFl doesn't carry that much inventory, but will order anything I want, for a 10 dollar fee plus shipping.  
guns762
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
yah, that sounds like the best route. could you hook me up with this southern ohio guns place, perhaps a URL?

thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Forget about the Desert Eagle, it ain't a bargain at half that price. They aren't reliable, of the 7 to 10 of them I've seen over the past two years only one or two worked, or at least I didn't see the guy fiddlin' with it before he shot 50 rounds.

It's a big gun and makes a lot of noise. That's all the attraction I can see. Unless the stripper type women who come with those guys are included.

What's the chain you went to?
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
i proly wouldnt og for the DE. i want someting i can afford to shoot. my decesion always boils down to USP vs 1911
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to agree with the others. Make whatever arrangements necessary to not do business with these people. And be damn sure to tell them. In fact I would take every new gun I bought in to show off to them after buying it else where. You could even cheat some and periodically bring in a gun you've owned for years and tell them you just drove two hours and paid more for it so you would not have to do business with them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#10]
[left]You mean those dasterly evil divelish guns like humm! see AR15's(looking out the window no black helicopters yet) i really know what the Gov is talking about; every time i pick up a ar15 i just get this evil voice in my head saying; "blow every stinking idiot alive away" [b]NOT![/b] wow! man i shure don't get this with a REM700 now i don't get evil voices in my head with this gun.[/left]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Shop around on this website, see if there is anything that interests you.  I got my Kimber from them at a real good price.

[url]www.impactguns.com/[/url]

If you find something, go thru a dealer that isn't a semi-anti.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top