Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 4:35:07 AM EDT
with haliburton, i wont go in to my quals but i am an electrician with some other training ( ex navy ). they have a job down at gitmo that pays 85 k per year. and after a year of having my own company and being underemployeed i decided to see what they could offer. right now i have no medical and i just got married in oct, so i will see what they offer it might be worth it. the wifey would not let me check off iraq on the online resume thingy, but i would go anyways.

wish me luck
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Luck Scotty - here's to you moving forward.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
IF the wife lets you go to Iraq send me an IM or email. I can take the resume to our electrical guys here at the camp and see what they say. I'm at Camp Echo near Ad Diwaniyah, Iraq.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck brother.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Did the same thing in early Dec.  I applied for Aviation Safety Officer though, and if I did get it I would go to Iraq!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck! Can you get me a "Halliburton Tsunami Generator" t-shirt? XL, please.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
s1rGr1nG0, check your im

yes i would go to irag, not a problem with that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]
What's an aviation safety officer at Haliburton do?

What's something like that pay?

Is that a job a civilian aviator can do?

Thanks,

Flyer
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What's an aviation safety officer at Haliburton do?

What's something like that pay?

Is that a job a civilian aviator can do?

Thanks,

Flyer

From the description that they posted, an ASO sets up and maintains the Maintenance program on KBR's charter fleet of aircraft, perform flight crew checks to be consistent with regulations, and also perfrom accident investigations.  The job has dropped off, but there are other aviation oppertunities available.  Pay isn't listed there, and KBR said that they were looking for experience in airport operations, maintenance operations, and flight crew operations.  FAA Commercial or A&P licenses a plus!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I looked in my freezer at work today and have chopped up bell peppers that were packaged by Haliburton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top