Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:22:17 PM EDT
well it seem if you paid an additional $20 for the special edition Black Ops 2 which totaled the game to $80 plus tax for the hopes of getting to play the most beloved Call of Duty map in existence, Nuketown  (which I have over 400 hours of game time on in the original Black Ops) well you are mistaken.

It seems we as the gamer do not get to play it.  Treyarch has taken the Nuketown map off of it's playlists and is only playable on custom games that you play with your friends, no public matches or any of that allowed.  Treyarch will only put Nuketown up for play on "special events" every few times a year for your play.

So you as a gamer paid an extra $20 to get a digital black weapon skin for multiplayer.  Yup that's it,  don't believe me here it is.

http://www.examiner.com/article/black-ops-2-pre-order-exclusive-nuketown-2025-map-gets-removed-from-playlist

Well it seems it is time to uninstall.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Nuke town was one of the most horribly designed maps ever, for any game, period.

It was worse than CoD 4's Shipment map that was small as hell and just a little square map.

It was nothing more than a spam fest of nades, 320s, blind fire, bad spawn logic getting spawn killed, you name it.

Best map in CoD history?  Think back to Overgrown, Crossfire, Strike, Broadcast, Creek, those were some of the best maps.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If you bought from GameStop you get nuketown for free. I paid 56 plus tax for the lowest edition and got nuketown for free.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you bought from GameStop you get nuketown for free. I paid 56 plus tax for the lowest edition and got nuketown for free.

Same here and I bought from Amazon. However, mine had a glitch in the campaign and I am sending it back.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nuke town was one of the most horribly designed maps ever, for any game, period.

It was worse than CoD 4's Shipment map that was small as hell and just a little square map.

It was nothing more than a spam fest of nades, 320s, blind fire, bad spawn logic getting spawn killed, you name it.

Best map in CoD history?  Think back to Overgrown, Crossfire, Strike, Broadcast, Creek, those were some of the best maps.

Don't forget spawning on top of someone at the beginning of the game. One learned quickly to ALWAYS click knife at the beginning of the match, just in case. I got a LOT of kills that way.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
All the more reason to skip this mess.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Chill, Nuke Town is back.

It is under Bonus.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:43:54 AM EDT
[#7]
why do people keep buying these shitty games?  Re-hashed tripe with a shiny new bow.  Zombies is about the only worthwhile thing from the treyarch games
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:31:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget spawning on top of someone at the beginning of the game. One learned quickly to ALWAYS click knife at the beginning of the match, just in case. I got a LOT of kills that way.

lol thats what I meant by bad spawn logic.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:49:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Chill, Nuke Town is back.

It is under Bonus.

^ This is what I just read on GameFaqs.

(........and that's pretty shitty that they charged PC players an extra $20 just for that map.  It came as a free bonus for pre-ordering on console, and I assumed the same applied for PC.)

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:39:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
why do people keep buying these shitty games?  Re-hashed tripe with a shiny new bow.  Zombies is about the only worthwhile thing from the treyarch games

The only reason I bought the game, I feel bad for paying $60 for a little Zombie action though...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Treyarch put it back up under bonus section after a few hundred thousand complaints.
It was initially planned to be taken away as a limited run DLC by Activision.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
well they put it into a fucking console random generator.  So I get to play 3 hours and see the map once.

this is just crap.  I am sorry if it sounds like I am whining but why would you put something like this in the game and then take it away when it was a major selling point?

fucking Activision.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
well they put it into a fucking console random generator.  So I get to play 3 hours and see the map once.

this is just crap.  I am sorry if it sounds like I am whining but why would you put something like this in the game and then take it away when it was a major selling point?

fucking Activision.

Is this different than any other map?

Not arguing, just wondering if I could play any other map by choice. I thought for every mode, the map you play is random.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

fucking Activision.

Not arguing, just wondering if I could play any other map by choice. I thought for every mode, the map you play is random.

On black ops at least on PC there were 24/7 nuketown servers, but I suppose that without dedicated servers that might not be possible here.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fucking Activision.

On black ops at least on PC there were 24/7 nuketown servers, but I suppose that without dedicated servers that might not be possible here.

Gotcha. I never played any of the CoDs on PC.

Sorry for the noob question, but then are all games on consoles hosted by other players?

Was wondering why for some games my connection is horrid, and other games it is great...

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of my knife kills were flinches....

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Those were both shit, the others I can agree on.

Nuketown is the same as Shipment used to be, it was fun as hell as long as you did good.  On shipment I used to go +100 kd and it was the shit

But yeah I'm kinda pissed about them taking out NT, what happened to "all Nuketown 24/7/365"?.  That was about all I played until they got rid of it, got about 800 kills with the 870
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Worst map ever.  It was a 10 x 10 killzone free for all.

ETA:  I prefer maps that take ... 5-7 minutes to "walk across" ... a la BF3
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:30:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Suckers

ETA: With Black Ops I spent more time playing Arcade Zombies than I did multiplayer in the end.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 2:21:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

overgrown is like blood gluch from halo CoD 2 had it on there playlist
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 3:07:49 AM EDT
[#22]
this game is broke on the pc.  

running SLI GTX 670's with the most up to date beta drives the game turns to a black screen and crashes.  
This is happening to most people with the higher end video cards with this game.  Go on Activision's forum and this problem/question is deleted  if brought up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top