Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2001 4:50:37 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can find a colt Ar 15 registered receiver (GOOD CONDITION)  Under $5,500!

contact me at: [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The receiver does not need to be stamped m-16 it can be stamped ar 15.  As long as it is a registered colt receiver.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
nah Troy, he can do it.  M-16 is that price, AR converted receiver can be had for that.

Here is how you find one fast.  Go post on Bowers on the NFA ad board:

WTB:  AR RR $5500 or less, good condition.  Have cash.

you'll be saturated with sellers, check over their deals, haggle, and select the best.

Also, consider a DIAS, they can be had for around $4-4500.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
copy Tconderoga !

Post on Bowers board ...

It's the best place to do business on sub-guns
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent you some info.
BMB
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#6]
guess these guys know more about it than i do, but i would say go for a dias, they are easy to get and its a simple parts switch in yore ar (i think) just replace the fire control group with the desired full auto parts and insert the dias.

but confidentially, getting anything nfa is like opening a whole can-o-worms, i wouldn't do it. there is just something about that twice a year knock on the door that i dont appreciate.

course in ny you cant go nfa anyway, damn liberals.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
but confidentially, getting anything nfa is like opening a whole can-o-worms, i wouldn't do it. there is just something about that twice a year knock on the door that i dont appreciate.

View Quote

Getting NFA is not really that bad, and there is no inspection or "twice a year knock" if you buy as an individual (ie. you're not a licensed dealer or manufacturer).  The police or BATF cannot search your place without a warrant supported by probable cause, and mere ownership of a registered NFA weapon does not give them probable cause.

It is possible to own an NFA weapon in NY, but you have to be a licensed manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:27:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Look over on subguns.com.

Some dealer just got 12 Colt model 614's from a large east coast PD and is selling them for $5,800 each.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:50:55 AM EDT
[#9]
here's one for $4,999.00.mmk   [url]www.impactguns.com/store/product1236.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
guess these guys know more about it than i do, but i would say go for a dias, they are easy to get and its a simple parts switch in yore ar (i think) just replace the fire control group with the desired full auto parts and insert the dias.

View Quote

Urban rumor.  No such thing as visits from ATF.  Who starts these stories?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Peach(YOU STILL HAVE TO TELL ME HOW YOU CAME UP WITH THAT ONE), I met your buddy over at our hospital and I told him what you said.

He just gave out a huge laugh. I was worried that he would chase me down and beat me like a dog.[BD]

I had met him from time to time but had no idea he is the one you hang out with. I'm still on the lookout for Greg though have not seen him yet.

I'll bring Vicky some more St.Joes for you to screen tomorrow.

Greg.
PS I'm ready for some major shooting this weekend. Is Tina still going with us?[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top