Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 3:37:50 PM EDT
a guy at work decided that next election if it comes down to democrat or democrat lite he wasn't going to vote. He wasn't going to choose the lesser of two evils. The way he put it was refuse to vote to show the Repubs that they are wrong and need to get back to their core values and listen to the conservative public. He feels that at that time it would be okay not to vote. What does the hive mind think on this one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
This component thinks that it's always a mistake to decline an opportunity to vote, even if you think an election is a total sham.

If you don't like either of two candidates you can usually write in someone else, even if it's Mickey Mouse.

I've never failed to vote since my first primary election in 1976.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not really an option. It's a duty.

ETA: People that dont exercise their right to vote can take a long hard suck on my nuts.

And furthermore, if you dont vote, keep your fucking trap shut about how the country is being run.

I cant vote, I'm not a citizen yet BUT.. I worked the phones for GW last election. I gave money to candidates and the state and national organizations because I needed to participate.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#3]
my reply to him was vote, make your voice heard and not take the chance on not voting and having to deal with the consequences that will happen....namely Hitlery....god i hope that doesn't happen and i will cast my vote to help that it doesn't happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top