Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2001 4:17:08 PM EDT
any shooters in virginia? im in the hampton area and am looking for a outdoor rang 200+ yards prefferably. within 75 miles or so. any info would be appericated, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know anything in the Hampton area.  Why don't you go down to the fun store and ask where a local rifle range is?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
any shooters in virginia? im in the hampton area and am looking for a outdoor rang 200+ yards prefferably. within 75 miles or so. any info would be appericated, thanks.
View Quote

Hey Sks, Im in chesapeake. I shoot At the Outdoor range in pungo.

25/50/100/200 Yards.

Virginia Beach outdoor Range
6025 Marvin road
Va beach,va

757-426-9953

Nice guys run it. Wade is the owner. Mike is Wades top guy. Then the other "rangemasters".
Jerry,Ryan,Woody. And me when I am there. I'm not a "paid" employee but they want me to be.

I just dont want to devote that much time at the moment. So I just help out when I go in.

-Kc
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
My bad, I thought you said virgin shooters, never mind.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in Virginia Beach, and the VA Beach outdoor range is the one I go to as well.  It's a pretty nice set-up.  Kinda odd at first.  There's concrete panels to prevent you from shooting over the backstop.  I had been used to wide open ranges, so I found it odd at first.  By the end of the first session, I was used to it and I don't even notice them anymore.  I've shot there for a little over two years now.  If you go more than a few times a year, it's worth getting the membership, which will save you money.  

The range folks are a great bunch, and it's a very relaxed atmosphere.  It's a good place to shoot.

Let me know when you want to go, and I'll try to meet up with you.  There's quite a few board members down here as well that may be interested.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys thats the place i was gonna try, sounds great. i dont have my rifles here yet so i guess im gonna have to buy another one this week : )
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
So, another Virginia shooter??  Welcome to the club!!  Ross is a great guy to hang out with.  It sounds like he can set you up at the VB range.  Take him up on it!

There's a good group of us in Richmond, several people in the Western part of the state and the largest group in Northern Virginia.  We usually get together twice a year for a big shoot.  It's typically been at my place or ~1/2 hour farther West of here.  

I'll add you to the list next time there's a get-together.  There's three NRA classes being taught in late January if interested.  Other than that, I'll probably have a shoot in the Spring.  Hope to see you then.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
what type of classes are they?location?day(s)?. i work days during the week, but could probally scam a day off.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Sksboy - the NRA classes are instructor certification courses in Home Defense, Firearm Safety and Handgun if my memory serves me correctly.  They will be taught January 19, 20 and 21st.  There is some cost to take the class - I'll find out how much it is.  I just have the class at my place and take it myself, so I'm not sure about registration/cost.  Drop me an e-mail if interested.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#9]
SKSBoy-
No biggie if your guns aren't here yet.  I have a few[:D] you can shoot.  Don't think that I'm trying to stop you from buying a gun this week though[;)]

Oh yeah, if you haven't done it already, join the VCDL (VA Citizen's Defense League).  They're the best bang for the buck as far as fighting for your gun rights right here at home.  

Ross
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:08:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I go to college in Blacksburg,VA.

Great free range about 5 minutes down the road from me. (Jefferson National Park)

Wish they had those in North Carolina (any public ranges around the RDU, NC area? Not that I can find, unless I want to pay money to join a gun club that I'd only take advantage of three or so times a year... :( )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top