Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 6:58:44 PM EDT
i just bought a new usp compact in 9mm. i really dislike the way the UTL fits the compact. does anyone have any experience with the surefires.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the 6v SF classic light on my USP40C.  Don't do it!  First off, the damn thing hangs off too damn far.  Secondly, it was causing a lot of malfuctions. The slide would lock back for no reason on almost every mag.  Must have been too much weight for the rail.  Maybe the 3v light would work better since it is lighter.

Don't know if the newer Nitrolon lights and the X200 are made to fit the USPC.  Hopefully they work better than the classic line.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
They (X200) do not.  

GG&G makes a rail adapter I believe that is quite low profile that will allow them to fit.  (or any pic rail based light, like M3's from Streamlight)

It's not intensely bright though, it's a nice spot at 6-8 yards about 18" in diameter, but no where near the blinding, pure white circle of 24" light at that distance a larger 6V surefire puts out. (or even the UTL for that matter)

Guess all I can offer is, 'go try one yourself before you buy if you can.'  that should make it instantly clear whether it's worth it to you or not.

(FYI, I'm still using my UTL.  I just wish the dang bulbs were so fragile.  I have gone through two in about 3k rounds worth of time...)

E.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had the 6v SF classic light on my USP40C.  Don't do it!  First off, the damn thing hangs off too damn far.  Secondly, it was causing a lot of malfuctions. The slide would lock back for no reason on almost every mag.  Must have been too much weight for the rail.  Maybe the 3v light would work better since it is lighter.

Don't know if the newer Nitrolon lights and the X200 are made to fit the USPC.  Hopefully they work better than the classic line.

I was wondering if the X200 would fit a USP Compact myself.  I plan on getting a Kimber with a rail in the future, but in the meantime, I'd like to use one on my USP Compact.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
what would be a decent price for the GG&G mount and where could i find one. im not a fan of the 3v lights either. i guess i'll buy another m3 or m6.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what would be a decent price for the GG&G mount and where could i find one. im not a fan of the 3v lights either. i guess i'll buy another m3 or m6.

www.gggaz.com/products/hk_usp.php
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top