Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 9:42:49 AM EDT
When someone refers to a magazine as a "clip" it is like running finger nails down a black board.  I don't knnow why it is so irritating.  There were half a dozen people at the indy 1500 this past weekend using that term.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
It's said so often it's become standard.  It's not as cool or glamorous as magazine.  The worst one is referring to a 7.62*39 AK mag as a "bananna clip".  I guess the Bren had a well hung bananna clip.  The fact that the cartridge taper dictated the shape is simply useless fact to these folks.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I like to use bannannanna Clips in my AK-15 [bd]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive got a good friend that uses that term " clip" and it drives me nuts. He is older fella so out of respect I dont try and correct him or tell him any different. This guy knows his guns and hottrods better than anybody too.
 Joel
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12876[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#5]
you need a pic of an M1 Garand N-block clip
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

you need a pic of an M1 Garand N-block clip
View Quote

Yeah, but not my pic
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#7]
R. Lee Ermey(sp) from MailCall clarified this perfectly.

The clip feeds the magazine.

The magazine feeds the gun.

Short and sweet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top